Serious price increase on cheese in big C

Rc2702

2 hours ago, The manic said:

It's natural occurring and an excellent food source as are most dairy products. Hydrogenated industrial fats are the dangerous fats.

Some of the processed cheese and cream cheese contains trans fat which has been added. They do it so it will last longer. 

But I agree the natural ones are a better choice. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

Some of the processed cheese and cream cheese contains trans fat which has been added. They do it so it will last longer. 

But I agree the natural ones are a better choice. 

Yes. We have to check for bad added ingredients...including sugar and super fructose corn syrup etc.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is it dated for expiration soon?

December at my local store. Weird that they're offering it so cheap. Last week it was 146 (I think) and I bought some then. Now I've had to stock up even more. It'll go nicely on crackers with a beer or two when the footy starts again.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, billd766 said:

My problem is that the nearest Foodland to me is in BKK and that is 350 km one way and would probably involve an overnight stop. A bit expensive for a couple of lumps of cheese. 

Another option for you is MAKRO. I don't go there often but the times i Have been there I've seen giant 2 or 3kg blocks of cheese sold for about 700 baht. I think I bought some white cheddar once from Makro and it was decent, but not that same sharp taste that you can get from that Vintage or Epicure variety of that Mainland cheese brand.