Officials Call For Donations Of Small Diving Masks To Rescue Cave Boys

webfact

12 masks and the government needs to put out a call? what a joke! I'm sure some rich businessmen will just donate, heck even public donations that flow in can have bought it by now. The government should be ashamed of themselves for asking such handout.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AleG said:

You don't know what you are talking about, that is patently obvious, and you use that as the basis to disparage people who, unlike you, are putting their lives at risk to save lives.

If you would have read past the headline  (which obviously you didn't) before starting to insult people for their efforts to save those children you would have seen that the type of mask they were asking for is nothing like the one in that photo. Can you spot the difference? I know the "imbeciles" as you called them (AKA the SEALs who are risking their lives out there while you sit at home casting aspersions against them) can:

" Supanat added that the small-sized one cost about ฿25,000 to ฿30,000 each and that the Navy SEAL unit is putting out a call for donations of masks. "
imageproxy_php.jpg.8970e7c55af3a7d6cfd3cbfe55e4b238.jpg

That is a full face mask, not like the one in your photo, those full face masks they got are the ones they are training the kids to dive  with:
" The survivors were yesterday taught to wear full-face masks and practice breathing. "
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349329

Firstly, don't put words in my mouth.

I specifically and clearly stated that I was NOT REFERRING TO THE RESCUE TEAM

On 7/3/2018 at 10:35 PM, rwdrwdrwd said:

What's the address of the imbecile official that has instructed the rescue team to canvass the public for children's diving masks, rather than acting immediately to buy them and get them into the country - I'd like to send them a cracked, completely unreliable second hand snorkel for them to smoke their yaba through.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:42 PM, rwdrwdrwd said:

It's astonishing that the Thai authorities place the onus on the public rather than getting off their arse and getting their wallet out - and I'm not referring to the rescue teams here since I strongly doubt the decision to do so came from them.

Secondly, the image I attached is a photograph taken at the site by Linh Pham of Getty Images AsiaPac

https://www.gettyimages.com/license/991312428

CHIANG RAI, THAILAND - JULY 4: Rescuer workers prepare small diving mask to deliver inside Tham Luang Nang Non cave to continue the rescue operation on July 04, 2018 in Chiang Rai, Thailand. The 12 boys and their soccer coach have been found alive in the cave here theyve bee missing for over a week after monsoon rains blocked the main entrance in northern Thailand. Videos released by the Thai Navy SEAL shows the boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 15-year-old coach are in good health in Tham Luang Nang Non cave and the challenge now will be to extract the party safely. (Photo by Linh Pham/Getty Images)

He has a big stream of photos from the site here https://www.gettyimages.com/search/photographer?family=editorial&photographer=linh pham&sort=best#license

I attach some more photos of the masks taken yesterday by Linh.

Perhaps do some research yourself, and learn to read properly!!!

Screenshot 2018-07-05 17.10.17.png

Screenshot 2018-07-05 17.10.08.png

Screenshot 2018-07-05 17.09.58.png

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

On Tue Jul 03 2018 at 5:23 PM, KiChakayan said:

The guy who decided to go this way should be taken to dive in a pitch dark environment in a confined space. I am an amateur diver (divemaster level) and every time I am in a dark(er) confined space my air consumption is doubled, or more, just due mild claustrophobia. A beginner diver also uses twice as much air as a confirmed one. So I would expect each one of these boys going through a 12 liter tank in about 20 minutes. So they'd better work out their margins of error.

Thanks

I am enclosing something I just read on BBC... seriously challenging situations.....

Screenshot_2018-07-05-16-59-57-144_bbc.mobile.news.ww.png