Fifth boy RESCUED from Tham Luang

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Hope not, that would be sign of trouble, if they were unfit to be flown to proper hospital...

Actually, it seems to be the standard procedure for this operation.  All of the boys are being looked over by the medical team at the field hospital before being taken to the hospital (a significant distance away but I'm not sure the exact distance)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DukSiam1 said:

I suspect that either the Thai government or some other has the TV/film rights to this rescue. There is big money to be made for video of the boys with their rescuers in the cave. Videographers or simply cameras have been situated at points in the cave. Screens around the cave entrance and medical tent and worries about drones support this idea. Also quarenteening(sp) the boys in the hospital is to keep information and interviews from being distributed. Once all the boys are out, expect a big promotion from the selected film group.

Thai TV said media footage was being channeled through one authorised point of contact, which I took to inc confiscation and censorship where necessary. 

HTH

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

@onlyalizt 1m1 minute ago  2 more choppers are on site. The one transporting the 5th boy is flying back to join the rest.

This is great news. Now there is 6 out, and they still do their hard work. At the same time oyu are contributing massively with all the updates. Thanks a lot Sheryl!

Let´s once again hope that all comes out in the same way.

1 minute ago, Shoho said:

CNN Reporting 6th and 7th out.

Hopefully nr 8 eight as well will be rescued today so tomorow can be the celebration day!

1 minute ago, Kelsall said:

Don't forget the coach.

He is not forgotten by me, but the most of the reporters do...:)

If just 5 left for tomorrow we can assume they will manage to rescue all 5. If not it may be an extra day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

He is not forgotten by me, but the most of the reporters do...:)

If just 5 left for tomorrow we can assume they will manage to rescue all 5. If not it may be an extra day.

Not forgetting the last lot are the fittest,  so things are on the up......Brill

• Like 1

Watching coverage on the BBC here in the UK.

One of their correspondents seemed to infer that maybe the Thai authorities are holding off reunions with parents so they can have a stage managed big press conference/reunion with all the boys present.

I have no idea if that is true but I wouldn't put it past them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, doodle said:

Watching coverage on the BBC here in the UK.

One of their correspondents seemed to infer that maybe the Thai authorities are holding off reunions with parents so they can have a stage managed big press conference/reunion with all the boys present.

I have no idea if that is true but I wouldn't put it past them.

Sadly neither would I ! 

• Like 2