Fifth boy RESCUED from Tham Luang

Just now, Spidey said:

As someone who has been down a fair few pots in his youth, I can assure you that this is complete nonsense. Guano (bat droppings) and rats are only likely to be found in the cavern nearest to the cave entrance. The deeper you go into a cave system, the less signs of life you see, particularly if sections are difficult to pass. At 4 km in, unlikely to see any signs of organic life. Also, the water they were drinking had dripped from the walls of the cave. Rainwater filtered through a 1000 feet of limestone rock is the purest, cleanest water you are likely to ever consume. These guys were at much more risk of catching a communicable disease sat at home on the farm for the last 2 weeks than sat 4km into a cave system.

The quarantine issue is a red herring. Boys should have been reunited with their families immediately. Makes me wonder if other posters aren't correct in stating that they are being "saved" for a political opportunity for the generals.

Quarantine would be warranted if they are still in a weakened state... though I think the hospital would be the last place you would want to take them since it is likely a germ infested location ? 9 days of not eating then likely a few days of MERs.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Do you see it stands Global Moderator under the handle? Let´s just say that gives her that right. Now you can go sleep happy, and hopefully not say so much more.

I was quoting what I have read and been told as late as tonight on the live coverage. You said no opinion was offered on a subject which she did comment on. I have no problem whatsoever with her expressing an opinion - only that you said she did not.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

So i guess you are the leader on site then, because you know better than all the contradicting news reports.

Anyway, why is it so important to the armchair experts in this thread who came out first?

The only goal is to get them out all as soon as possible.

The goal should be to get them out alive.... period.  We know very little about the conditions, all we have is rumours because of the lack of an official spokesman making sure the news is out there and accurate.

Just now, bkkcanuck8 said:

Quarantine would be warranted if they are still in a weakened state... though I think the hospital would be the last place you would want to take them since it is likely a germ infested location ? 9 days of not eating then likely a few days of MERs.

So, in the West, if a child is taken to hospital suffering from hypothermia and malnutrition, it's quarantined? I don't think so! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

What are you going on about??? The 8th boy has been rescued, and the operations continues tomorrow.

Think the comment was - waiting for the last one to be brought out (in the near future). 

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey said:

So, in the West, if a child is taken to hospital suffering from hypothermia and malnutrition, it's quarantined? I don't think so! 

Definitely would be close to it - they would be in the critical care ward... and the visitors are extremely curtailed and under very strict conditions.

Just now, bkkcanuck8 said:

Definitely would be close to it - they would be in the critical care ward... and the visitors are extremely curtailed and under very strict conditions.

Nope.

5 minutes ago, Bung said:

If I read another comment about if it was the weakest or strongest first my head will explode! 

Well it seems to make a big difference to some - why will have to remain a mystery. 

20 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

I'm a little worried about by the different descriptions in various media of the boys coming out of the cave. Some have some of them being carried out of the cave on a stretcher, while for example we have number 8 walking out of the cave. It could just be the reporting, or it could mean that some of the boys today did not come through it as well as the boys yesterday.

Hopefully its just variance in the media and not the actual condition of the boys. I am wishing to hear what we were told about the first four boys, that they are "all in good condition".

I would imagine that if the medics doing the post 'escape' examination had any doubts at all, they would prefer caution to haste.

Hospitals do this sometimes, insisting you are transferred in a wheelchair regardless of how you feel. This is normally done to protect the hospital's insurance, unlike the guys in the cave entrance who only have the subject's well-being on their minds.

• Like 2

Just now, overherebc said:

There is only one important point. Getting the kids out.

Who went first who came out last? Who the hell cares as long as they all get out.

When they are all out people can start their own thread on how what where when and who.

Just think about the kids and of course the divers and hope you never need their services

Alive and in good condition, not alive but in a persistent vegetative state due to oxygen deprivation during a diving accident. It matters.

• Sad 4

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/how-first-four-of-12-trapped-thai-schoolboys-were-rescued-from-the-cave/news-story/4e28d1c5864029c9132ef1bb2eff9f8b

'An Australian doctor’s triaging of 12 boys trapped in a cave in northern Thailand may have led to the rescue of four of the weakest children first.

The initial plan was to bring the strongest out first.

But after Adelaide cave diver and anaesthetist Richard Harris, 53, assessed the youngsters and their coach that strategy appears to have been reversed, Thai media has reported.'

5 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

We are nearly there.Excellent work in progress.?

61,5% of the mission Successfully Completed in just 2 days - Superb!

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If a child in the West was rescued after 16 days trapped in a cave system, they would certainly be put in some sort of isolation ward until it was proven that the child's immune system was functioning correctly and that the child was clear of secondary shock (something that hasn't been mentioned before that I have read).

I know it doesn't directly answer your well worded question about someone only suffering from hypothermia & malnutrition, but as the thread is about these boys I thought I would give you an equal scenario.

• Like 1