Fewer Posts on ThaiVisa These Days?

mstevens

I get the impression that there are fewer posts on Thai Visa these days than say a year or two ago.  I could be totally wrong about this but I find myself spending less time on the forum as there just doesn't seem to be the same number of posts as there once was.  Sure, the number of threads and posts is still huge compared to other Thailand forums but is Thai Visa as busy in terms of the number of posts nowadays as it was in the past?

I've given it a bit of thought and perhaps the reason I feel like this is simply that topics about the same old issues appear regularly - and I am less likely to read about an issue the second or third time it is discussed.....so that might be a simple explanation.

This is in no way a complaint or criticism or anything like that.  I wonder if others feel the same.  Is there a metric which comparing the number of posts on Thai Visa daily now compared with say a year or two ago?  Curious.

It's a long time since I've looked at the forum. Yes posts seem to be down, but the quality seems to be up, with a lot less of the right wing hysteria and anti Thai bigotry that infested the forum in the past.

Edited by My Thai Life
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know how many of the regulars can’t access “timeline” but in my case it is really an exception. I am using Iphone and I guess I can’t be the only one with connection problems..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And here I was thinking that a lot of past (but now disappeared) TVF forum posters had probably been rounded up and shipping off by Big Joke and his endless weekly "X-Ray" let's arrest the overstaying foreigner raids... :crazy:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A second post discussing moderation has been removed. Please take the time to understand this forum rule:

10. Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

10. Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most forums have been in decline (post wise) for a number of years , the younger generation has moved on to other devices .

Correct, there are groups on FB with 75,000 members. People want real time answers/replies to their questions/post on their mobile devices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
On 7/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, amexpat said:
In many organizations the problem lies in that which cannot be discussed. 

Yes its a shame it can't be discussed

Moderation can be discussed, but not in public.

Individual actions taken by a moderator can be discussed by PM with the moderator in question or with an Admin. You can also contact Support, who is a real human being who deals with any issues that are reported to them.

If you want to discuss the policy surrounding moderation then you need to contact support. Moderators do not make forum rules or forum policy and we cannot change either.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:
Correct, there are groups on FB with 75,000 members. People want real time answers/replies to their questions/post on their mobile devices. 

We've been able to access forums on mobiles for years

I tried, once!

The adds overwhelmed me.

• Thanks 2