‘Good health’ diagnosis for Wild Boars, while coach commended for keeping boys healthy

webfact

‘Good health’ diagnosis for Wild Boars, while coach commended for keeping boys healthy

By The Nation

e0b4c7c53e6f2b3954ec8ac9d53d7282-sld.jpe

The 13 “Wild Boars” rescued from a flooded cave in Chiang Rai province were in general “good health” said doctors.

There was no need for doctors to prescribe sedatives to aid their sleep as they seemed to be of “very good mental health” despite the ordeal, said Public Health Ministry inspector-general Dr Thongchai Lertwilairattapong.

At a press conference on Wednesday morning, he attributed their good mental health to having remained together as a team under the good oversight of their assistant coach.

The first four young footballers to exit the cave, aged 14-16, are also now able to eat normal foods and were free from leptospirosis. They would be released from Chiang Rai Prachanukroh Hospital on July 15 to recuperate at home for another week, Thongchai said.

Two of this batch of footballers had initially shown signs of pneumonia, but had responded well to the medication they were given for it, he said. The family members of these four first kids were allowed to visit them with the condition that they wear protective medical gowns, a face mask, hat and boots and maintain a two-metre distance.

The second batch of four footballers to exit, aged 12-14, were also found to be in good physical health and free from leptospirosis. One initially had hypothermia and arrhythmia (an irregular heartbeat) presumably caused by the cave’s cold temperature, but had recovered. The four kids were placed on a special diet of easily digested soft food with a mild taste, he said.

It was expected that doctors would later on Wednesday allow their relatives to visit them following the same disease control measures as the parents of the first batch.

The five footballers, aged 11-25, who were brought out on Tuesday, had no hypothermia issue although one of them had signs of pneumonia, he said.

There was no need for doctors to give them sedatives as they slept well and seemed to be of “very good mental health”, Thongchai said. “It’s possibly because they stayed together as a team throughout the ordeal ... We have to commend the assistant coach for managing them well in the situation.”

The second and third batches would remain in the hospital for a week for physical recovery and for medical observation in case of any emerging infections, he added. After their release they would need to recuperate at home for at least another seven days.

Rescuers, volunteers and media members who were at the Tham Luang cave during the rescue operation would also each receive a “medical watch for ailment” card within two weeks, which they could bring to a doctor to get a check-up.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30349843

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-11
  • Like 2

One of the first posts I made after a week of this story was that I expected the boys to be found safe and well. 

I thought that because they are a team and knew they would pull though for each other.

It's nice to be right once in a lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I’m  looking forward to the Hollywood movie ... with the kids found by a US team, rescue planned by a US team supported by a US doctor, water pumped out by GE engineers,  with a few Thai lackeys in support roles like food and laundry  

A documentary with the real photos and videos and the testimonies of the real actors of this event would interest me much more
I already know that I will not go and see the ridiculous Hollywood movie

• Haha 2

Although the end result is a of great joy and relief; except the lose of life, the event however should not have happened in the first place! The finger should be firmly pointed at the individual placed in charge of the minors, namely the Coach!

The stupidity of the coach created anxiety, ill health and lose of life. I've no pity for the coach. He did wrong and should be dealt with in an appropriate manner. He risked the life's of the team of boys plus his own life and that of the many rescuers too.

What about the feelings of both the family and friends of the rescuer that lost his life trying to aid those in need of support and life saving.

The team are so lucky to have been rescued. The efforts of all concerned, which includes foreigners too, should be praised for all their efforts and willing, regardless of race and creed.

Humans can co exist, but it does not need an event such as that just passed to prove humans can!

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

So ! Are the Police still intent on bringing charges upon this Coach guy ?

They would look pretty stupid now if they did after he has been commended for taking care of the kids.

No, and they have never been. That was only an idiotic stunt of the media for selling in to more readers.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

So ! Are the Police still intent on bringing charges upon this Coach guy ?

They would look pretty stupid now if they did after he has been commended for taking care of the kids.

The good police chief floated this idea but as mentioned many times , parents have refused to file any complaints or press charges. 

Wise would be to issue public apology and praise his efforts but will have to wait and see if brain still functioning 

2 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Although the end result is a of great joy and relief; except the lose of life, the event however should not have happened in the first place! The finger should be firmly pointed at the individual placed in charge of the minors, namely the Coach!

The stupidity of the coach created anxiety, ill health and lose of life. I've no pity for the coach. He did wrong and should be dealt with in an appropriate manner. He risked the life's of the team of boys plus his own life and that of the many rescuers too.

What about the feelings of both the family and friends of the rescuer that lost his life trying to aid those in need of support and life saving.

The team are so lucky to have been rescued. The efforts of all concerned, which includes foreigners too, should be praised for all their efforts and willing, regardless of race and creed.

Humans can co exist, but it does not need an event such as that just passed to prove humans can!

For a person with the peace sign as a avatar.. gee-whizz.

I would think it would be hard to co-exist, around judgemental people, sporting firmly pointed fingers. Especially given what appears their small understandings of the situations they address, but that's just me. ?

Have a good one. ?

Edited by stevecm
  • Thanks 1

Wild Boars are in ‘good physical and mental health’

By The Nation

bb26951f94251deb47acfe23d967ed25.jpeg

Boys members of Mu Pa are seen in a video clip while they are in a Chiang Rai hospital

THE 13 “Wild Boars” rescued from a flooded cave in Chiang Rai province were in “good health” overall, doctors said.

There was no need for doctors to prescribe sedatives to aid their sleep as they seemed to be in “very good mental health” despite the ordeal, Public Health Ministry inspector-general Dr Thongchai Lertwilairattapong said. 

At a press conference yesterday morning, he attributed their good mental health to having stuck together as a team under the good oversight of their assistant coach. The first four young footballers to exit the cave, aged 14-16, are now able to eat normal foods and were free from leptospirosis. They would leave Chiangrai Prachanukroh Hospital on July 15 to recuperate at home for another week, Thongchai said.

Families get first glimpse

Two of this batch of footballers had initially shown signs of pneumonia, but had responded well to the medication they were given, he said. The family members of the first four boys were allowed to visit them. They had to wear protective medical gowns, a face mask, hat and boots and maintain a two-metre distance. The second batch of four footballers to exit, aged 12-14, were also found to be in good physical health and free from leptospirosis.

d30a83ba764d0390929b0e8da3821249.jpeg

One initially had hypothermia and arrhythmia (an irregular heartbeat) presumably caused by the cave’s cold temperature, but had recovered. 

The four kids were placed on a special diet of easily digestible soft food with a mild taste, he said. It was expected that doctors would later yesterday allow their relatives to visit them following the same precautions as the parents of the first batch. 

The five footballers, aged 11-25, who were brought out on Tuesday, had no hypothermia issue although one of them had signs of pneumonia, he said. There was no need for doctors to give them sedatives as they slept well and seemed to be in “very good mental health”, Thongchai said. 

“It’s possibly because they stayed together as a team throughout the ordeal ... We have to commend the assistant coach for managing them well in the situation.” 

The second and third batches would remain in the hospital for a week for physical recovery and for medical observation in case of any emerging infections, he added. 

After their release they would need to recuperate at home for at least another seven days. Rescuers, volunteers and media members who were at the Tham Luang cave during the rescue operation would also each receive a “medical watch for ailment” card within two weeks, which they could bring to a doctor to get a check-up.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349875

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-12

15 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The Coach needs more help than the others over the coming months and I hope he gets it. The whole event will weigh heavily on his mind. I hope his friends and the people of Mae Sai give him support and encouragement, and perhaps some official recognition for his sacrifices once the kid got trapped.

I’m  looking forward to the Hollywood movie ... with the kids found by a US team, rescue planned by a US team supported by a US doctor, water pumped out by GE engineers,  with a few Thai lackeys in support roles like food and laundry  .... I’m joking of course, but I wouldn’t put it past them.

Git er' dun!

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

I read he was stateless

Yes true , I want to correct that , a stateless proud man . 

"was just ten years old when he lost his entire family - first his 7-year-old brother, then his mother, then father a year later - to an illness that swept through their home."

On 7/11/2018 at 6:44 PM, Sonhia said:

What happened diddums ?

Burn your fingers on a hot coffee and no-one would take the blame?

So now you spend time looking to put people down everywhere I would guess for what you perceive to be something that makes you feel guilty about burning your own fingers because all you can do is say 'someone has to pay'  you're a voice in the wilderness here.

• Like 1