"Tourists will come flooding back when the sand is finished", says Thai media.

rooster59

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pattaya News said that the "Pattaya Model" will make the resort a top class world beach destination

In whose stilted concept of reality?  Maybe TOT management who have never been out of Thailand or actually visited a 'world class beach' destination outside of the Land of Sand-free (LOS) beaches and waste-ladened garbage and industrial runoff - plastic and otherwise -everywhere perhaps?  Just guessing. 
New campaign:  "Come See The Black Sands of Pattaya!" 

Maui? Sure.  Pattaya.  Yuk.

Edited by connda

I like Pattaya.  I don't want lots of tourists cluttering up the roads; polluting the sea; keeping meterless taximeters in business; providing sustenance for the Bandits-in-Brown.  The monthly floods will take care of this new sand and stop floods of new tourists.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I like Pattaya.  I don't want lots of tourists cluttering up the roads; polluting the sea; keeping meterless taximeters in business; providing sustenance for the Bandits-in-Brown.  The monthly floods will take care of this new sand and stop floods of new tourists.

Well, i have never been to Pattaya or Phuket Am i missing something there? Oh the sand that's right

19 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Pattaya has nothing to worry about, most Chinese have probably never seen a beach, they wouldn't know a nice beach even  you dumb a leaking  oil tanker off Pattaya shores, and Indian tourists are happy, because beaches at home are even worse open sewers. Russians from Siberia are just happy to encounter warm water for first time in their life. So no worries, tourists are indeed flocking to Pattaya. But not because Thailand is best, but because it is closest and cheapest.

Yes,  exactly right.

In Australia  Pattaya beach would be roped off by AQIS  as a toxic site.

Much better & cleaner beaches in the UK but no cheap sex.

• Like 1

Who goes to Pattaya for the beaches? They are some of the most average beaches around. Nothing special, on any level. My guess is that in China, a tour to Pattaya includes the tag line, "come and see the most depraved people on earth, engage in selling their bodies, and witness the sheer and bizarre circus like spectacle". I seriously doubt they are promoting great beaches. 

Pattaya beach ready to welcome tourists back after Bt430-million sprucing

Breaking News July 15, 2018 16:08

By The Nation

6c323e12bf063325f965abe11d1fc707.jpeg

Cr Pattaya News

Tourists are expected to be crowding the beach in Pattaya again soon, according to a report on a city meeting in the Pattaya News.

The newspaper quoted municipal officials as saying 400 metres of beachfront had been restored in a major cleanup and 100 metres were already back in the hands of beach business operators.

“The other 300 metres will definitely be done by year’s end,” one official was quoted as saying, adding that sand had been transported from Koh Rangwian in a Bt430-million effort to widen the beach by 3.5 metres.

The beautification project began near the Dusit Thani Hotel in January, but early on faced several delays.

The newspaper said the “Pattaya Model” would make the city a world-class beach destination and the new sands would have the tourists flocking back.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350106

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-16
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The newspaper quoted municipal officials as saying 400 metres of beachfront had been restored in a major cleanup and 100 metres were already back in the hands of beach business operators.

I hope they've been told to pick-up their rubbish at the end of the day, and not to have soi dogs hanging around the food carts.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The newspaper said the “Pattaya Model” would make the city a world-class beach destination and the new sands would have the tourists flocking back.

Let's see what it's like this time next year before getting too excited.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:31 AM, lanista said:

Yes,  exactly right.

In Australia  Pattaya beach would be roped off by AQIS  as a toxic site.

Much better & cleaner beaches in the UK but no cheap sex.

and no cheap sex in Pattaya either , so I am told 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya beach ready to welcome tourists back after Bt430-million sprucing

Breaking News July 15, 2018 16:08

By The Nation

6c323e12bf063325f965abe11d1fc707.jpeg

Cr Pattaya News

Tourists are expected to be crowding the beach in Pattaya again soon, according to a report on a city meeting in the Pattaya News.

“The other 300 metres will definitely be done by year’s end,” one official was quoted as saying, adding that sand had been transported from Koh Rangwian in a Bt430-million effort to widen the beach by 3.5 metres.

The beautification project began near the Dusit Thani Hotel in January, but early on faced several delays.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350106

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-16

what a joke the the pollie waffles are still floating around, + others plastic bottles, bags, other <deleted> garbage, polystyrene etc,. will sill float around for years, ruined old over polluted pattaya 

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Who goes to Pattaya for the beaches? They are some of the most average beaches around. Nothing special, on any level. My guess is that in China, a tour to Pattaya includes the tag line, "come and see the most depraved people on earth, engage in selling their bodies, and witness the sheer and bizarre circus like spectacle". I seriously doubt they are promoting great beaches. 

I have to agree with you . What is the attraction with Pattaya ?  Using the so called beach is taking a risk with the local vendors who often take advantage of unsuspecting holiday makers . Bathing in the polluted waters ? should display a health warning and come to think about it , is there ever a  chart published showing the degree of sea pollution ?

As we all know Pattaya was the capital of the sex industry in Thailand sold at cheap prices but that is not the case now . It has been said that Pattaya is " past its sell by date "  . However Chonburi has other attractions in smaller towns and is blessed with some world class golf courses    . 

Having said all that I am told that the  " dark side " of Pattaya , away from the main touristy venues , is the place to be because of its resident community of many expats who know the score .

5 hours ago, superal said:

Compared to the UK it is........so I am told.

One goes on an inexpensive holiday in the sun (as one does) with the bonus of cheaper commercial recreational sex, in a more open and morally guilt free environment, with much less chance of harassment from the law.......so I am told.

Many visitors from the UK think it's "brilliant"......so I am told.

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, superal said:

Just thinking Where is the beaches in England that have nice beaches lets say compared to Sunshine Coast Australia  Oopps better not to much all you English would want to go there

collum.jpg