SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

Well if you ever meet me you had better bow or I'll have you beheaded.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, taffeylad said:

Why all the fuss, the ariticrosy have been abusing and insulting the common person for centuries. Where did they get their fortunes from the poor people of the country. No person is any better than anyone else. A polite handshake is sufficient, the bow, curtsy and calling someone my lord should have been abolished decades ago. 

Prince Charles is one of the best examples of this, talking down to everybody.

• Like 2

As a Brit with no love of the Monarchy the point is she is still a head of state in her own country, protocols are there for all Countries and Queenie would be 2nd fiddle in good ole Murica should she visit there, USA protocols would be adhered to if that was the case.

Whether you are a fan of protocol or not the issue is manners, leave a 92  year woman waiting 15 minutes for you, pushing in front of her ? Just plain bad manners old boy.

A gentleman would offer his arm in case she needed it not wander in front her (any her)

• Like 3

bow to the queen?  what of trump's base?  they were mortified when obama bowed to the saudi king, whereas trump merely joined in a traditional saber dance.

consider it a "win" that he didn't tell her to get him a sammich.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, taffeylad said:

Agreed, the tradition of keeping royal families should have been abolished long ago,... but it wasn't.  Truth is many, perhaps even most, Brits love their royals, so when Trump disrespects the Queen, he's actually disrespecting much of the English population.  Unfortunately for the US, Trump excels at insulting people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siamike said:

Agreed, the tradition of keeping royal families should have been abolished long ago,... but it wasn't.  Truth is many, perhaps even most, Brits love their royals, so when Trump disrespects the Queen, he's actually disrespecting much of the English population.  Unfortunately for the US, Trump excels at insulting people.

But not insulting Big Macs with fries....He just loves the no table cutlery etiquette thing....?

I just saw the video. Trump did NOT block the queen. She walked in back of him while he was inspecting the  guard. She then went back to where she was before , and they inspected the guard together. This is fake news and an outright lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Not a good look for the President of the USA., but momentarily blocking the Queen's path can likely be put it down to lack of spatial awareness in the moment.

More likely a total lack of any social awareness out side his own head.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2