Mobile Sim Top up site...

Chivas

Am sure this site will have been featured before on Thaivisa but worth a mention for new people to the site

I hadn't actually used it previously they have a facebook page as well to ask questions and validity extension works just as it would if you topped up at 7/11s etc etc.

Might be especially useful for AIS users who I understand cant top up at the convenience store now

Simply enter your number and the site determines which network the sim belongs to and simply choose your top up amount. I choose a 50 baht just to see what commission was chargeable and just 2.5 baht on top totalling 52.5 baht

Using my Revolut mastercard to avoid any possible danger of hacking on main credit and debit cards it went straight through taking £1.22 off the card at 43.05.

Would be useful to some out of country concerned with validity extension perhaps

https://mobiletopup.com/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do it for AIS using this website. https://myais.ais.co.th/login No fee charged. 

True as well using this one. https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/?ln=en

Both also have apps you can use.

Immediate problem trying to use True. Try to register out of country and it tells me my number is already in use. (yes I know). Forgotten ID....enter email address previous and comes up invalid. Cant over ride it. Useless

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Immediate problem trying to use True. Try to register out of country and it tells me my number is already in use. (yes I know). Forgotten ID....enter email address previous and comes up invalid. Cant over ride it. Useless

That appears to be because of an error you made.

Never tried it while out of the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That appears to be because of an error you made.

Never tried it while out of the country.

Well I just have. I'll load the app later see if theres any difference

7 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You can also do this by going to a mobile-phone shop, and they will top up your account. No commission and no questions asked.......

Perhaps I'll pop in the local o2 shop in the uk and ask

Sometimes as someone mentioned to me before its a complete waste of time to put helpful potential information in threads. I'll refrain in future. Lose your sim number from expiring validity period not my problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Would be useful to some out of country concerned with validity extension perhaps 

This is the point (maybe).

Otherwise there are multiple ways to top up within Thailand.

If you are abroad with the SIM you can still ask a friend in Thailand to do the top up.

Pay later :smile:

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well I just have. I'll load the app later see if theres any difference

Perhaps I'll pop in the local o2 shop in the uk and ask

Sometimes as someone mentioned to me before its a complete waste of time to put helpful potential information in threads. I'll refrain in future. Lose your sim number from expiring validity period not my problem

You don't need to always throw your toys out of your perambulator when things don't go your way.

Suggesting that is it useful for people who can't top up at 7/11 is stretching it a bit. There are machines outside 7/11 where you can top up or there is Family Mart or...

Can be useful if outside the country and neglected to buy any top up vouchers to take with you in case.

They are a forum sponsor; https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/profile/240831-mobiletopup/

People seem to be generally satisfied with the service that site/co. provides. And knowing the commission - which seems quite reasonable, thanks to Chivas, helps. For those outside of Thailand, it seems like a great option. And your phone doesn't need to be turned on, with the Thai SIM, and a local roaming signal, and even IR wouldn't need to be enabled.

Obviously, the top-up options within Thailand are plentiful, and not really a cause for concern. And if you're in a pinch just ask someone back in Thailand to head for the nearest Boonterm machine to top-up your number.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 12:35 PM, KneeDeep said:

You don't need to always throw your toys out of your perambulator when things don't go your way.

Suggesting that is it useful for people who can't top up at 7/11 is stretching it a bit. There are machines outside 7/11 where you can top up or there is Family Mart or...

Can be useful if outside the country and neglected to buy any top up vouchers to take with you in case.

They are a forum sponsor; https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/profile/240831-mobiletopup/

Says the guy with more bannings on all thai forums then anyone else bar none !!   Whats it now JJ over 50 times at least or perhaps you're now into 3 figures

Get back in your box Mr know all you can change your sign in name but never your style. So easy to spot on any mobile sub forum or airline forum where you gave yourself away last week claiming "aircraft positioning" cheap flights on thai visa

Comedy platinum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chivas said:

Says the guy......

I'm confused. What has any of this got to do with your behaviour when 'things don't go your way'?

In fact this post perfectly illustrates it. That you behave like a child when you can't get your own way.

The main difference is that children can't be convicted of running a brothel and aren't old enough to have Thai wives to blame....