Leaving Thailand after 13 Years..

markusss

8 minutes ago, markusss said:

I consider myself one of those folks- Which has made it very easy to stay here for so long. Outside of close friends, I can't say I've felt a longing to be close to my family again. They only contact me when someone has died. In my experience my family only ever got together on 2 occasions: funerals and Christmas. The latter being on the wane since my grand parents died. This has always been a point of interest and even concern from many Thais who can't comprehend a life without a loving family. But it is what it is.

Me too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

i left after 13 years and moved to cambodia,

thinking it was going to be less painful

than any more visa runs to laos,

but i got that part wrong, i have not had so much

unbearable pain in the rest of the world combined

as i had in cambodia, so when my 3 years in exile

was finally up and i was 50, i moved back to thailand.

But: it became cemented injuries, i can no longer live a life,

i have too much pain every second, i wish for death

What's wrong with Cambodia ?!

After some years of staying in Thailand, many Farangs suddenly begin to realise that Thailand is not so cheap as they first thought, their lives did not change dramatically by experiencing wonderful new adventures and did not meet exciting new people and all the dreams they had of making great new friendships did not materialise.

The Thai women are not so free and easy as they had been led to believe, (no money, no honey) and they find it difficult or impossible to fit in and adapt to the Thai attitudes and way of life.

Thailand is a country that for westerners, they either love it or hate it, there is no in-between.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BEVUP said:

Have thought about that

Something in that realm is the only way probably get away with 3 months that combined with a quick explanation of what you have been doing should negate the need for references.  Real estates only care about the rent getting paid as I'm sure you know.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, poanoi said:

cambodia only ever has low quality foam mattresses,

i broke my back after a single night in the first shithole,

i bought the most expensive spring mattress i could find

for the 2nd shithole, but it was still no quality.

its also a possibility that i broke my back so hard in the first night so nothing can change it back,

i cant even tell if a mattress or chair is good or not, for i never sense comfort

I have lived in Asia 26 years this time -- 5 1/2 yrs previously -- including Japan, Philippines, Thailand.

One thing I have much enjoyed in Asia is not having to sleep on big, thick, expensive, uncomfortable

inner-spring mattresses. In the early '90s, I spent a week in a Taipei sleeping on a very firm, dense-

foam mattress. It was the most comfortable sleep I could ever remember. After that, I have refused to

sleep on any other kind of mattress. 

To each his own.

Edited by BradinAsia
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TPI said:

Oh! For the pies, I drool for the curried steak and the steak and mushrooms!!!! You're a bastard for bringing up "pies"!!!!!!

If that is your dream and aspiration you never should have bothered coming here. Have you ever explored Thailand and Thai Culture

in its explosive myriad of manifestation. Travel broadens the mind of intelligent people but shrinks the mind of the dimwits. BTW Pattaya has brilliant pies as does most of Thailand..

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep...

Glorious blue skies..

"and he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended.

and at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars.."

DSCN0469.JPG

DSCN0562.JPG

Is that the Huon River in Tassie? It certainly isn't the Darling.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Hi Lacessit,

It is the Manning River,Mid North Coast,NSW.

Thanks. Have been through that region once by car, and it does have its share of big rivers.

• Like 1