Ok. Home snake alert. What is it to be sure?

holy cow cm

Why kill iT?they where here before us!

everywhere in Thailand are Skilled snake catchers, contact them, and they relocate them.

you can also subscribe on a online forum, which give you an answer in minutes.

For Thai people most are venomous, but in reality most of them are not.

And they are more afraid off us, so if you let them free way they will be out instantly.

So don’t complain if you have a lot of mouse or rats......

I also think it is an IC rat snake.

This is a similar pic of a deceased specimen which thought it would be a good idea to wait in ambush on our front step when the lady was sweeping.

P1010007.JPGIt struck at her a couple of times and obviously wasn't aware you never upset a Thai woman carrying a weapon. 

Incidentally, the lady killed a cobra just yesterday at the house next door. The neighbor is very scared of snakes and was hysterical.

We get scores of tree snakes in our garden and they are left alone. Cobras inside the yard (and house) are dispatched. Five or six have made the mistake of entering.

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Have had at least 8 snakes in my house during my years here....couldn't care less about their names/speices. Neve had to kill one or ever would it enter my head to do so.

I actually believe that a snake has as much "right to life" as I have.

So it would not bother you having a banded krait or a cobra in your bedroom ? 

While the head looks a little like a golden tree snake, the eggs (as you describe) are too big. I agree with rat snake.

Rat snakes are very fast. They will strike and bite if cornered, but are not venomous.

1 hour ago, superal said:

That's not what he was saying, he was simply saying that he wouldn't kill them unnecessarily and I agree with him.  Simply give them the opportunity to escape from the house, then everyone is happy.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:13 PM, Aforek said:

may be true, but the designs on the head are not the same

maybe a Keeled Rat snake 

golden tree snakes are a little bit venomous but not for humans

All snakes are venomous but in many snakes the vemon is not more harmful to humans than a mild cold

Many have found the right answer;
it's a rat snake or Keeled Carinata of Ptyas or carinatus Ptas.
It can make up more than 4 m long. I had one last year, on my terrace. It was almost 2 m. I hunted with a large squeegee brooms and left .... At the neighbor's
He lives mainly in South East Asia.

Guest Jerry787

living in the tropics we know, snakes, scorpions, spiders are on their natural habitat 

we shall never kill them if not confronted on a deadly fight, indeed collect them ( or call proper snake and tropical animal handlers) and dispose them in a natural environment far from houses.

indeed keep houses cleans of mouses and there wont be snakes.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, kannot said:

God some crap talked here for identification, its an Indo Chinese  juvenile rat snake............google  it.Ill save your time its the LAST photo here on the right .NOTE "juvenile" they change with age

https://bangkokherps.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/indo-chinese-rat-snake/

I think you are correct. Just curious how an Indo-Chinese rat snake would get over an 8 foot wall? Recently we had an adult right out front of our gate (dead). Don't know how it died, no marks on it. It was at least 2 meters long - possibly more.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:22 AM, dotpoom said:

Have had at least 8 snakes in my house during my years here....couldn't care less about their names/speices. Neve had to kill one or ever would it enter my head to do so.

I actually believe that a snake has as much "right to life" as I have.

you ask a  Thai woman what she'll do to a trouser snake if the husbands  playing around

17 hours ago, elektrified said:

I think you are correct. Just curious how an Indo-Chinese rat snake would get over an 8 foot wall? Recently we had an adult right out front of our gate (dead). Don't know how it died, no marks on it. It was at least 2 meters long - possibly more.

youd  be surprised 

https://www.google.com/search?q=rat+snake+climbs+wall&num=40&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH791TH791&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiM98b8hMncAhVIdCsKHbSmDSwQ_AUICigB&biw=1151&bih=520#imgrc=MN55XWA-8NHYbM:

I was surprised to see a golden tree snake a few days ago on my roof which is basically the the fifth floor. There is no obvious way it got up but i have seen snakes working their way up walls before. There was a small owl a few days earlier but i didn't manage get a pic.

DSCN3354.JPG

DSCN3348.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 11:38 AM, superal said:

5 years ago had a baby banded krait strike my bluejeans coming home late night at my door. That was it for that. Lucky had jeans on. No snake until identified gets to live. 

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

5 years ago had a baby banded krait strike my bluejeans coming home late night at my door. That was it for that. Lucky had jeans on. No snake until identified gets to live. 

Oh dear. Even though this was outside your dwelling, had this occurred to me my first thought would race to 'rivals', 'adversaries', 'those who would benefit from my most unfortunate passing'.

Snakebite has historically been a chosen method of disposing of inconvenient expatriates in east Asian countries. One long-time advertising fellow I knew discovered a poisonous snake beneath a pillow - not, one would imagine, a resting spot of choice for the serpent. He never found out who wanted him out of the way but retired from business soon thereafter.

If you study the annals of westerners (mostly adventurers - even the businessmen) in southeast Asia you will discover that the great majority never made it back to the old country, either by choice or because they were felled by dengue or a knife attack or an infected spider bite or an occult attack (yes, the bad juju can whack you even if you pooh-pooh it).

If you went bust you would be stranded at worst or sent home in shame and destitution. If you made money and important contacts you would arouse envy and hatred, becoming a natural target - even for your local partners. Or you could end up like Constantine Phaulkon, beaten to death in a bag with a fragrant sandalwood bat.

• 5 weeks later...

Those who labeled it as a baby rat snake are correct. Besides the coloration and shape, those massive eyes are a dead giveaway.

And yes, rat snakes are fantastic climbers, as well as one of the few local snakes large enough to produce a clutch of nice big eggs like that.

So far as killing snakes goes, I'll just point out that attempts to kill snakes are one of the most frequent ways that people get bit by snakes. Leave them alone and watch where you'll step and you'll avoid 99% of snakebites. They don't come after you.

• Like 1