Chonburi officials meeting monthly to reduce road wrecks

Rimmer

Chonburi officials meeting monthly to reduce road wrecks

image.png

CHONBURI:-- Chonburi police and administrators have begun meeting monthly to try and reduce the province’s high rate of traffic accidents.

Anucha Sretsatien, secretary for the National Institute of Emergency Medicine, chaired the first meeting July 19 at the Amata Industrial Estate.

Highway and traffic police joined representatives from the Traffic Accident Prevention Bureau to brainstorm more measures to reduce road accidents.

Chonburi has one of the country’s highest accident rates, especially during long holidays, Songkran and New Year. Therefore, monthly discussions were organized for various agencies to discuss methods and ideas to enhance security.

Traffic Police officials said they have increased checkpoints targeting motorcycle-helmet use, seatbelts and licenses. Also, more cameras are being installed on motor­ways to catch speeders.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-07-27

And every Month they will get the new published figures on road deaths and say " Tut, Tut , Tut , this is bad we must do something "

Then off they will go to feed their faces on the best food the Meeting Venue can provide .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

More cameras! More cowbell!....

Here's a suggestion: get real live cops out on the roads and require them to enforce the laws.

Don't understand why they are so against this. Works most places in the world.

It also could be a major money maker for the cops

What's not to like?

Bone idle and still get paid,  that's why

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Chonburi has one of the country’s highest accident rates, especially during long holidays, Songkran and New Year.

They keep waffling on about this, but at least for the last couple of years since I started making calculations, there were fewer accidents during the Songkran and New year period than the daily average for the year, making it the safest time of the year to drive, statistically speaking.

Note: I have no idea what the breakdown was for Chonburi alone, as I was going off nationwide numbers. 

Edited by tropo
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Chonburi police and administrators have begun meeting monthly to try and reduce the province’s high rate of traffic accidents.

This kind of special meetings must have the same power as amulets. Pop Quiz guyz! Meetings is not going to change the traffic behaviour in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Traffic Police officials said they have increased checkpoints targeting motorcycle-helmet use, seatbelts and licenses. Also, more cameras are being installed on motor­ways to catch speeders.

hqdefault.jpg.babcbaaf9ab876ac089474dc6007894c.jpg

• Haha 1

Interesting that this post has come up. I was actually thinking the other day that while I was using the crosswalk on beach road and seeing the huge police presence in rounding up ladies for selling thier talents..... Why are they for one not rounding up the ones selling drugs.  And 2 if they would put their effort into stopping the carnage on the roads would be a much better use of the force.  

But nobody thinks that the police will do anything for traffic violations.  As I used the crosswalk the police van stopped as not to hit me but then about 3 motorbikes and two baht busses blasted through.  And nothing was done.  If they say there for one week and hauled off everyone who violated the law they would reduce the traffic and make it safer.  

I don't understand why one minor illegal act of giving one another a mutually beneficial pleasureable experience is so much more important to catch then the people who are risking thier own lives and the lives of others by not being policed in proper traffic laws.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Calover said:

Interesting that this post has come up. I was actually thinking the other day that while I was using the crosswalk on beach road and seeing the huge police presence in rounding up ladies for selling thier talents..... Why are they for one not rounding up the ones selling drugs.  And 2 if they would put their effort into stopping the carnage on the roads would be a much better use of the force.  

But nobody thinks that the police will do anything for traffic violations.  As I used the crosswalk the police van stopped as not to hit me but then about 3 motorbikes and two baht busses blasted through.  And nothing was done.  If they say there for one week and hauled off everyone who violated the law they would reduce the traffic and make it safer.  

I don't understand why one minor illegal act of giving one another a mutually beneficial pleasureable experience is so much more important to catch then the people who are risking thier own lives and the lives of others by not being policed in proper traffic laws.

The gold helmets police for catching criminals The white helmets for catching traffic offenders, they can't interfere with each others revenue raising efforts (brown envelopes) other wise the system would collapse  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 5:41 AM, Rimmer said:

Encouraged by its popularity the idea would soon be extended to those caned on illegal narc's or playing Candy Crush .. But lao khao drinkers want a lane reserved for thereselves arguing they are not merely drunk but absolutely smashed .. 

IMG_20180728_102531.jpg

On 7/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, Rimmer said:

So every month at the meeting, the above quote will be mentioned :cheesy: