Which Province Offers The Best Lifestyle?

AdamTheFarang

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You won't find a place that has everything you are looking for, but probably you find something that you like in the area Phuket, Krabi, Surat Thani

Thank you. I lived in Phuket for many years now it is in many places, dirty, overcrowded, terrible traffic, very expensive two tier house pricing, maybe the most expensive for basics in the whole of Thailand and in my view not normal Thailand just a melting pot of Thais about 95% of which are from another province and tourists. I want a more natural place in Thailand. Krabi I have been too and is interesting, does Surat Thani have great beaches and an expat community? What about all the other places with beaches are they too remote?

A province does not make a life or a lifestyle.

What do you want for entertainment, transportation, Cost of living ?

How much do you want to spend ?

Thailand is full of value, from a 70 square meter condo rental for 7-10000 Baht a month with utilities included to a 50000 Baht a month 400-500 square meter luxury house rental with utilities included.

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

People refer to the area around lakes as beaches if I recall correctly.

I once stumble across a beach in Chain Rai, i knew it was a beach because the sign said so...though dout you could scuba dive there with any success....

22 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I once stumble across a beach in Chain Rai, i knew it was a beach because the sign said so...though dout you could scuba dive there with any success....

Funny how you say "stumbled upon it" It's quite a major attraction in town with tons of signage directing a person there and a t least a page in Tripadvisor and Lonely Planet.

Scuba diving rivers is not everyone's cup of tea agreed, LOL.

Edited by duanebigsby

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Koh Tao but the Population is small

And tends to get a little smaller every year (at least for farangs).

Try Koh Chang on the other side of the gulf. It's quite a large island, with a car ferry for access, and some nice remote islands further offshore.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:48 AM, AdamTheFarang said:

Thank you. I lived in Phuket for many years now it is in many places, dirty, overcrowded, terrible traffic, very expensive two tier house pricing, maybe the most expensive for basics in the whole of Thailand and in my view not normal Thailand just a melting pot of Thais about 95% of which are from another province and tourists. I want a more natural place in Thailand. Krabi I have been too and is interesting, does Surat Thani have great beaches and an expat community? What about all the other places with beaches are they too remote?

You lived in Phuket many years but don't know about the beaches around Surat Thani, are you house bound ?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Many members on TVF find Issan  somewhere in the sticks to offer everything they could possibly want or need.

Ahhh ha ha  guess ive not been around here ..... I did see some beaches, lake a few times by was an hour drive away. I live near Kumphawapi which is a nice quiet own. I like it but I’m also a redneck southern born 

and raised....

1. Great beaches (not bitches) Not near

2. Great diving. Not near 

3. Lovely food. In Kumphawapi one place has some Farang good. Most other Thai. Depends what type of food you call lovely. Udon Thani 40 min drive has a lot of choices as well as Khon Kaen 50 minutest th other 

4. Reasonable community eg local restaurants, shops etc can be small.

Not a lot of Farang shops

5. A large town say 100,000 or more people within 1 hour's drive. Udon Thani

6. Can be mainly Thai but has to have some English speakers. In KP we’ve probably  10+  Not many. 

7. Reasonable cost of living eg not the ripoff areas. Rent is fairly low. There’s some small houses in town KP I’ve heard around 6000 month.

look fairly new a cluster of maybe 6 or 7.

8. Has to have internet via copper, or if there is high speed mobile internet in the region ok.yiu can get fiber / most common set ups

9. Natural, little rubbish pollution etc. Yes

10, I am single so looking for ladies not from a bar. sure they’re next to the fountain of youth

like some said take a month and stay a week at some places that might 

work do you

enjoy

•  

12 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

You lived in Phuket many years but don't know about the beaches around Surat Thani, are you house bound ?

No as no one went there? I guess Surat Thani is less touristy......which is what I want as I will not be a tourist.

57 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

No as no one went there? I guess Surat Thani is less touristy......which is what I want as I will not be a tourist.

Prachuab Kirikhan, try Wanakorn beach area, still quite quiet with small Scandinavian community nearby.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes, recently I read somewhere there is a Pattaya beach in Chiang Rai