And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Find the killers of high-school buddies, families tell police

snoop1130

Find the killers of high-school buddies, families tell police

By The Nation

6bda005495f48a6cab452ff52fd6e0d6.jpeg

Shooter, likely a hitman, was waiting for the two victims in parking lot.

The grief-stricken relatives of two young people who were shot dead in front of tourists in broad daylight at a parking lot of a Chon Buri tourist attraction on Sunday, called on Tuesday for the authorities to quickly arrest the killers.

Kalasin native Paweena Namuangrak, 20, was shot four times and her 20-year-old high school friend Anantachai Jaritram three times. They died side by side next to a car that they and two other friends had rented in Pattaya City for the day to visit the Sattaphip district’s Khao Chi Chan attraction to make merit and celebrate Paweena’s birthday on Saturday.

A police probe has so far found that the shooter – suspected to be a hitman – was waiting in a white sedan at the parking lot before shooting the two victims and speeding away. Their bodies were transported on Monday night to their Kalasin hometown for separate funeral rites.

It was previously reported that the fatal shooting might stem from the two victims' alleged personal conflict with a wealthy Phuket businessman.

During a prayer in the morning for Paweena, her 41-year-old grief-stricken mother Wanpen Namuangrak recalled that her daughter had dropped out of Udon Thani Rajabhat University in early 2016 to work at a night entertainment venue in Phuket, where a neighbor also worked, in order to help with the family's expenses. 

Paweena moved to work in Nakhon Pathom over a month ago. Wanpen didn't know if Paweena had any conflicts with anyone. Anantachai was Paweena's schoolmate who went to work together with Paweena, she said. “When I heard that she and Anantachai were shot dead at Khao Chi Chan, my heart broke,” she said.

“I still don’t know what to say about how my loving daughter who had helped earn income to support our family would find an end like that. I want police to bring my daughter's killers to justice as soon as possible.”

Grief also lingered at the house of Anantachai, whose relatives declined to comment other than to say they wanted police to bring the killers to justice. The cremation of Anantachai was scheduled for August 1, with Paweena's cremation on August 2.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351149

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-31

Police target two for Buddha Mountain killings

By THE NATION

d11d41279f1c1ca456e1cbaf3e01f3dd.jpeg

TWO ARREST warrants have been issued in relation to the deaths of two youths, who were shot dead in front of tourists in broad daylight at a parking lot of a Chon Buri tourist attraction on Sunday.

Deputy National Police Commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said on Tuesday the warrants were for the man who masterminded the killings and his accomplice. 

Chalermkiat said Sayan Srisuk, 43, had been tracking 20-year-old former teenage beauty queen Paweena Namuangrak’s movements and on Sunday passed on information of her whereabouts in exchange for Bt20,000. Sayan then helped police identify the alleged mastermind as wealthy businessman Panya “Aoun Bangla” Yingdang, he said. 

Sayan, who claimed to have been told that a team would abduct Paweena, was also taken for a re-enactment of the crime on Tuesday morning.

Police have applied for arrest warrants for Panya and his alleged accomplice Jirasak Unaiban for colluding to commit premeditated murder and colluding to take a weapon to a public place without permission. The identity of the hitman remained unknown last night, although police suspect more than three people were involved in the killing, which allegedly stemmed from Panya’s personal conflict with Paweena, said Chalermkiat.

Paweena was shot dead along with her 20-year-old high school friend Anantachai Jaritram at 4.30pm on Sunday at the Sattaphip district’s Khao Chi Chan (Buddha Mountain) attraction. She, Anantachai, Sayan and another male friend rented a car for the day to visit the attraction to make merit for Paweena’s birthday. 

Police have found that a hitman was waiting in a white sedan at the parking lot before shooting the two victims and speeding away. 

Their bodies were sent on Monday night to their Kalasin hometown for separate funerals.

Paweena’s 41-year-old mother Wanpen Namuangrak recalled that her daughter had dropped out of Udon Thani Rajabhat University in early 2016 to work at a night entertainment venue in Phuket, where a neighbour also worked, in order to help with the family’s expenses. 

She said her daughter sent home Bt20,000-Bt30,000 per month and told her that a wealthy man, who was an influential figure on the island, was showing an interest in her but she wasn’t interested because he was a “violent person”. 

Paweena moved to work in Nakhon Pathom last year after the man assaulted her in front of her friends,. 

Earlier this year the wealthy man, who was still chasing Paweena, wired Bt1 million to the family to buy a car even though the family had declined the offer, Wanpen said. Neither Paweena nor her family had any desire to extract money from the man but he insisted on giving it to them nevertheless, she added.

“When I heard that she and Anantachai were shot dead at Khao Chi Chan, my heart broke,” she said. “I want police to bring my daughter’s killers to justice as soon as possible.”

Grief also lingered at the house of Anantachai, whose relatives said they wanted police to bring the killers to justice. 

A cremation for Anantachai will be held today, with Paweena’s set for tomorrow.

The two families also wanted to make it clear that Anantachai and Paweena were merely childhood friends, not lovers as wrongly stated in many previous news reports. 

Anantachai’s mother Chomsri Chompoopeun, 43, said she didn’t understand why her son, who had rather feminine ways and liked to dress in women’s clothes and dance at public events, was killed along with Paweena since they weren’t lovers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30351172

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-31

Why do they always refer to the main honcho as a 'master mind' ? They should use other words which are not complimentary. 

The dictionary describes master mind as - 

NOUN
    1. a person with an outstanding intellect.

VERB
    1. plan and direct (an ingenious and complex scheme or enterprise).

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

". Also the rich guy won't know the specific nature of their relationship because he's too distant and may assume romance."

some years ago, I was dating a woman in Pattaya whose younger sister, whose house it was,  was the Mia Noi of a wealthy Bangkok man. After only 2 weeks the younger sister had a Thai male visit her, wanting to know who the farang was coming to the house. It is naive to assume the weakthy Thai men dont keep tabs on their "property"

lucky you did't get whacked off

12 hours ago, Lashay said:

Was thinking same, but this is getting to big for him to buy his way out now, especially with his history.

I don't know about that.

The murder of Michael Wansley had Australian government ministers lobby for the arrest and conviction of the mastermind. Didn't happen. This is just one of countless examples. The victims here are Isaan nobodies. Believe me, this is a very, very long way from any conviction or prison time for the alleged mastermind. A long, long way. Justice is for sale and I believe a deal will be struck in this case resulting in no significant conviction for Panya Yingdang.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I don't know about that.

The murder of Michael Wansley had Australian government ministers lobby for the arrest and conviction of the mastermind. Didn't happen. This is just one of countless examples. The victims here are Isaan nobodies. Believe me, this is a very, very long way from any conviction or prison time for the alleged mastermind. A long, long way. Justice is for sale and I believe a deal will be struck in this case resulting in no significant conviction for Panya Yingdang.

The murder of Michael Wansley was back in the days before the internet so the only place people living here were going to hear about it was through the Bangkok Post.  The exposure that this crime is getting through the internet and on the television is probably the only thing that will help the family get justice, could be that Thai people are actually starting to get tired of seeing influential people walk.

I know, I'm just being naive aren't I?

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

If only there were just thinking they are above the law. The problem is they are.

Nah,..It all depends how rich and how well connected ! there are and have been some very rich people in jail!!!

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Earlier this year the wealthy man, who was still chasing Paweena, wired Bt1 million to the family to buy a car even though the family had declined the offer, Wanpen said. Neither Paweena nor her family had any desire to extract money from the man but he insisted on giving it to them nevertheless, she added

They declined the offer but he insisted they keep it? Sounds improbable.

7 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

use the million for a hit ... blood calls for blood

You don't fight fire with fire !?..

incitement is defined as being committed when one person counsels, procures or commands another to commit a crime, whether or not that person commits the crime.!!!