Jailed British anti-Muslim activist Robinson released on bail

snoop1130

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

So by your logic it was fine for me to drive whilst blind drunk yesterday because I didn't crash and got home safely even though my journey took me 1h 15 minutes.  Drink driving is illegal for a very good reason, but blah blah blah, why didn't it cause me to crash?  

So drink driving should be made legal then, right?  Or only for Tommy ?

Same logic you are using, think about it.

If you are going to put a Analogy at least put up one that is comparable to what i said instead of waffling like an old woman, anyway would you like to answer the question ? 

so why didn't his actions cause a mis -trial  or unsafe verdict ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Sorry ! i thought you knew the answer being as you made the comment "if he had been allowed to continue is performance outside of the court and had brought about a mistrial or worse still an unsafe verdict ".

While it is clear from that comment you don’t understand conditional statements, I do feel it of benefit to present you with another:

I wonder what your response will be if the defendants in this child rape case go to appeal on the basis that Yaxley-Lennon has prejudiced their trial?

• Like 2

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Did you not understand my analogy?  I thought it was quite obvious.   Drink driving does not cause an accident every single time but it is illegal because it very well could do and in many cases does.

And who is to say it didn't prejudice the trial?

You still haven't  my question !!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

While it is clear from that comment you don’t understand conditional statements, I do feel it of benefit to present you with another:

I wonder what your response will be if the defendants in this child rape case go to appeal on the basis that Yaxley-Lennon has prejudiced their trial?

Oh i get it, you can't answer my question so you ask me one ?? bi bi ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I give up.

The difference between my analogy and your's is that i can give an answer for your's !!! 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

No don't give up just answer the question 

“so why didn't his actions cause a mis -trial  or unsafe verdict”

You’re getting ahead of the appeals procedures.

The decision on whether a court conviction was a result of a mistrial or that the verdict was unsafe is one made by a court of appeal. 

• Like 2

Example of appeals process in plain sight.

Yaxely-Lennon has just been released on bail awaiting retrial following his own appeal.

Take note of how long after is conviction the appeal was submitted and how long it took to release him on bail. Watch too how long it takes to obtain a final verdict.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, alfieconn said:

He reported for 1h 15mins and people like yourself keep saying "it could have bought a mis-trial, blah blah blah" so why didn't his actions cause a mis -trial  or unsafe verdict ?  

Depends on the defence.

However, in this specific case, your "hero" was in breach of specific instructions handed down by a judge. In short, these instructions amounted to reporting restrictions.

If these were breached for one second, a contempt would have been committed.

British justice is so good that this twit will be given another hearing because the last judge did not follow procedure to the letter. He's also been released on bail because there is little risk of flight.

I suspect the contempt will be reconfirmed and your man will be back inside PDQ. (Probably with the nonces for safety)

This is the UK not the USA; we don't need low rent rabble rousers.

I am an anti Muslim bigot BTW. (and a liberal).

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

A hero! When there is a Situation of a judge recognising sharia law as was the case recently it proves how a religion in this case islam has power , oh and I have contributed to his defence , proud to

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/01/british-court-recognises-sharia-law-landmark-divorce-case/

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, markaoffy said:

A hero! When there is a Situation of a judge recognising sharia law as was the case recently it proves how a religion in this case islam has power

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ear ear; I'm all ears

Back that up please.( or withdraw). I infer that you know  of a case where a judge accepted Sharia over our own law? There will be some cases where there is equivalence, I'm sure....

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

So why didn't the defendants Legal team just ask for a mis-trial ?

Because the trials are not yet completed.

You’re getting ahead of the appeals procedures.

The decision on whether a court conviction was a result of a mistrial or that the verdict was unsafe is one made by a court of appeal. 

How can you have a court conviction as a result of a mistrial, do you actually know what a mistrial is ?

Mistrials are trials that are not successfully completed. They're terminated and declared void before the jury returns a verdict or the judge renders his or her decision in a nonjury trial.

a trial that cannot be completed or whose result has no legal value, usually because a legal mistake has been made:

Edited by alfieconn

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Example of appeals process in plain sight.

?

Yaxely-Lennon has just been released on bail awaiting retrial following his own appeal.

Take note of how long after is conviction the appeal was submitted and how long it took to release him on bail. Watch too how long it takes to obtain a final verdict.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

So why didn't the defendants Legal team just ask for a mis-trial ?

Because the trials are not yet completed.

? ? ? I love it,  we've been discussing a mistrial and you try and prove yourself right by mentioning a retrial,  mistrial / retrial   two different things, do you understand ?

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:
18 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You have been told numerous times, in this topic and the other, that the BBC report of the commital proceedings at the Magistrates court last year was well before any reporting restrictions were in place.

Therefore the BBC did not break any reporting restrictions because at that time there were no reporting restrictions to break!

When Yaxley-Lennon read the names out there were reporting restictions in place; where he got the names from is irrelevent.

Got it now?

Can you read ? if so read my earlier post  

Ok, so surely they should be up for contempt of court for not taking it down when there was press restriction ?

I have explained it to you many times; including in the post you have quoted!

The meaning of 'retrospective.'

1.2 (of a statute or legal decision) taking effect from a date in the past.

Last time: the reporting restrictions were not retrospective, they took effect from the date they were made, not from the date last year when the BBC reported on the committal proceedings.

This particular horse is dead, and has been for some time. That you keep flogging it only shows your desperation!

• Thanks 2