Proven way to get rid of Geko's

4MyEgo

3 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

For God's sake!   Send the  little   basta*d a bill.      I'll bet it was merely  an accident on his part. ?

Unfortunately he didn't make it, otherwise I am sure he would have.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

For God's sake!   Send the  little   basta*d a bill.      I'll bet it was merely  an accident on his part. ?

Sadly he died in the act ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you willing to eat beef or pork? Or chicken? Why would killing a gecko be any crueler than being responsible for the death of a cow, or a pig? They seem to be nothing but a nuisance, between the noise they make, and the mess they make. I have no issues about killing as many as I can find! 

Mike, the reason why people kill pigs, cows and other similar animals is that we usually eat these creatures.

But killing a gecko just because it makes some noises, or it's shitting on somebody's car, is not reason enough for me to say that's okay.

Then you could include dogs, they shit everywhere, bark annoyingly and most of us don't eat dogs, right?

• Like 1

fellow military techo, years back... he was sleeping at our Remote Receivers site out the back of the airfield,

Silly man slept with his mouth open

geckos were mating upside down on the ceiling...

Guess what!!!

Another time, we got a report from Air Traffic Control that our TACAN Navigational Aid has gone off line.

Went out to the site, and found the Modulator Unit has been frizzed.

Inside the cabinet, there's this massive coil, a rheostat setup in the Modulator unit.

Quite a few turns of the coils were gone! and in their place the blacken impression of what used to be a gecko! 

(if you can imagine a similar image to one of the historical photos of a vaporised victim of Hiroshima)

29 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Mike, the reason why people kill pigs, cows and other similar animals is that we usually eat these creatures.

But killing a gecko just because it makes some noises, or it's shitting on somebody's car, is not reason enough for me to say that's okay.

Then you could include dogs, they shit everywhere, bark annoyingly and most of us don't eat dogs, right?

I have no issues whatsoever, with killing as many geckos and insects as I can possible kill. Call me a genocidal maniac, when it comes to pests. Some people hunt rhino, or elephants, or big game, like tiny donnie jr. I hunt insects! Fun baby fun. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have no issues whatsoever, with killing as many geckos and insects as I can possible kill. Call me a genocidal maniac, when it comes to pests. Some people hunt rhino, or elephants, or big game, like tiny donnie jr. I hunt insects! Fun baby fun. 

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Murderer!!    ?

I kill flies , mosquitoes and cockroaches with gusto.    I'm an especially accomplished fly killer and that  satisfies my killing instinct.   But I "get it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having eradicated every multi legged thing from inside my house I get very few geckos the last one I hunted down with a power torch that confused it long enough to catch it with tail intact and return the little crapper out the window hopefully not blinded?? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, spidermike007 said:

Are you willing to eat beef or pork? Or chicken? Why would killing a gecko be any crueler than being responsible for the death of a cow, or a pig? They seem to be nothing but a nuisance, between the noise they make, and the mess they make. I have no issues about killing as many as I can find! 

Maybe you'd prefer malaria or dengue fever?   Geckos do a great job cleaning up mosquitos and are considered good luck to have inside the house.

Leave them alone

and reduce spraying.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 1:34 PM, spidermike007 said:

Don't understand why you would want to kill such an inoffensive creature. Hitting them with insect spray seems a bit torturous to the poor creatures. I am not in favour of slowly despatching pigs or cows etc and ensuring that their last hours on this earth cause them extreme discomfort. The cruelty in your case lies in the killing method.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:16 AM, 4MyEgo said:

but the little buggers have been sheeeeting all over the back of my car and its really starting to peeeee me off, i.e. they are hanging around the eaves above my car and bombs away,

Have you tried moving the car?

A bit more extreme I agree but what about moving the house a few feet!

PS;  If you did it was stop all this cr*p being posted/deposited!

Edited by scottiejohn

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you tried moving the car?

A bit more extreme I agree but what about moving the house a few feet!

PS;  If you did it was stop all this cr*p being posted/deposited!

A bit difficult moving the car with all that crap.

Actually I am in the process of moving the house as you suggested.

Come to think of it, I am thinking of collecting all the droppings I can get and send it your way, free of course !

Edited by 4MyEgo

I put chillis and water in a spray gun and squirt the water where ever they walk...they usually avoid those areas

The other way is too place bigger egg shells around the areas they are, it scares them off as they think there is a bigger predator in the area

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

A bit difficult moving the car with all that crap.

If you move the crap from the car (and your comments) then maybe it could move out the way of the gecko problem.

If your car is so underpowered and immoveable that the weight of a few drops of gecko welcome(s) are too heavy for the car to move I think you may just have a bigger problem and maybe you should look at buying a more powerful car.  

PS; this present "crap" car is not in "Toytown" with "Noddy" and "PC Plod" is it?

Edited by scottiejohn

Moth balls if you can put them where they will be effective. As Crossy said, the big ones just leave bigger dumps. We had a big one that dumped on my car from the rafters on a regular basis, I thought at first we must have had a dwarf living in the rafters the dumps were so big. (you can pop the larger ones with one of those plastic BB guns, it will scare them - Don't shoot the smaller ones as it tends to kill them, either through shock and awe or damage)