Proven way to get rid of Geko's

4MyEgo

I don't mind sharing my domain with Geko's inside and outside the house, but the little buggers have been sheeeeting all over the back of my car and its really starting to peeeee me off, i.e. they are hanging around the eaves above my car and bombs away, with me having to wash it off every morning.

If anyone has any proven ways of getting rid of them from the eaves areas, would be interested to hear.

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes. Ask any Thai they are the arbiter. Ensure you specify jingjok.

OP

Get a car cover or an old piece of plastic or cloth.

Yes. I have 2 that have been living inside my air con unit for years, fed up with seeing them really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you willing to eat beef or pork? Or chicken? Why would killing a gecko be any crueler than being responsible for the death of a cow, or a pig? They seem to be nothing but a nuisance, between the noise they make, and the mess they make. I have no issues about killing as many as I can find! 

But you like spiders?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

Yes. I have 2 that have been living inside my air con unit for years, fed up with seeing them really.

Look out for the bill if they get zapped, last one cost me 2,700 baht to replace the board within the air conditioner, the Geko was as fried as could be, 3 days waiting for the part without an A/C wasn't nice at night when your used to having it on.

Edited by 4MyEgo

18 minutes ago, digbeth said:

I've seen gecko repellent spray, doubt if it's actually effective

Yes 180 reluctant baht later, the wife said you were right honey, yes, once again I said, it's a mix of Windex and water just marketed to idiots like me who will try it once based on wife's recommendation.

I think insect spray with a lighter at the end might do it, if it will reach the 5 metre height, although worried about the house catching fire.

Perhaps a slingshot with an infrared light on it will help ?