UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

16 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

The United States contributes the most to the alliance, funding around 70 per cent of Nato spending.

This adds up to roughly £501billion, or two thirds of total spending on national budgets.

According to 2017 figures, Greece is the second highest giver, spending roughly two per cent of its GDP, with the UK coming a close third.

Of the 28 countries paying into NATO as % of GDP Germany is 17th at approx 1.2%. UK pays over the 2% threshold.

https://www.euronews.com/2018/07/10/nato-contributions-country-by-country

no

us pays most

then germany

then france

then uk at 10 % of the budget

we are talking about the budget

not about new year eve fire crackers

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

no

us pays most

then germany

then france

then uk at 10 % of the budget

we are talking about the budget

not about new year eve fire crackers

Germany pays 1.2%. of their GDP of 3.677t = 4.4b US dollars

UK Pays 2.14% of their GDP of 2.622t = 5.6b US dollars

This is the budget. UK pays more than Germany and significantly more per capita.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/03/10/how-much-do-nato-member-nations-spend-on-defense/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice find the BrexitBin ......

David Davies has gone rogue attempting trade deals in the US. Poor man he should have taken notes at the first meeting and concentrated on his brief. 

Here's a good quote Brexiteers should hang their heads in shame in taking us into an unwinnable battle. 

In the clear light of day, the EU have out-pokered us completely. Which is not surprising, considering they are some of the best negotiaters in the world. Indeed, we became the 5th largest economy on the back of such negotiators. But Brexiters thought they could do it better.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

That’s been the problem from the beginning. They have never been in charge of the negotiations. This has been confirmed by both figureheads,  David Davis and Dominis Rabb,this very week.

What treacherous Teresa should have done, was to have appointed Nigel Farage, the person who knows the workings of the E.U. better than any other Brit. In the hope that he’d have made such a mess of things, much like Ollie Robbins her fellow remoaner.

That's right; the hard-working David Davis and his brilliant successor were merely held back from doing great things. Just like Nigel Farage who unfortunately was unable to win a Parliamentary seat. Its great entertainment reading this HB rubbish, but it does make one wonder if there is anything of substance between the ears of those promoting such nonsense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

What a week! It's difficult to take it all in.

I think the 'Gove gang' are deluded to think that we can go back and negotiate a better deal.  There's no point wasting precious time.  Let's get the deal before Parliament asap.

For me, inevitably, this comes down to WTO deal or no Brexit.  I'd be happy with either but I doubt we have a good enough government to steer us through the former.

Good I'm with you there will be no WTO so we agree on No Brexit. 

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

uk is paying 10% of the budget

germany - us - france is paying more than 10%

The recommended GDP for each country is 2%

Therefore only 5 countries are hitting this number.

D2356CEB-854E-41E3-A819-EFACE870B3B8.jpeg

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

This is the budget. UK pays more than Germany and significantly more per capita.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/03/10/how-much-do-nato-member-nations-spend-on-defense/

Sincere apologies chelseafan I am drunk and replying in undue haste. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Apologies, I just realised I'm out by a factor of 10....44b and 56b respectively.

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Great idea but 52% of the English will not understand the questions. Can you use mono syllabic words innit?

Ok in mono syllabic words .
EU means also, you can go anywhere in Europe where you want. You can live there indefinitely, work and can be equal under same. This is especially good for young people. They can broaden their horizons and can enjoy many freedoms the first post-war Generation never had.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nontabury said:

The recommended GDP for each country is 2%

Therefore only 5 countries are hitting this number.

D2356CEB-854E-41E3-A819-EFACE870B3B8.jpeg

Maybe other countries are not so warlike. Who says that 2% has to be delivered?
The UK should stop being the poodle of the United States. 
If Europe unites its defense budget, huge amounts of money could be saved. Generally only as much as necessary to defend yourself well.

4 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Ok in mono syllabic words .
EU means also, you can go anywhere in Europe where you want. You can live there indefinitely, work and can be equal under same. This is especially good for young people. They can broaden their horizons and can enjoy many freedoms the first post-war Generation never had.

+ free phone roaming - no extra charges

+ free reciprocal healthcare 

+ much cheaper university education  - a bilingual son of a friend of mine is studying at university in Germany - fees 800 quid a year 

+ I've just enjoyed on offer in the Gran Canarias supermarket 6 small cans of Estrella Sur (on offer admittedly for 1.19 or about a quid)

Spain is wonderful if you get tired of Thailand - then look closer to home - great weather , great people and once we get to remain  great prices. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

+ free phone roaming - no extra charges

+ free reciprocal healthcare 

+ much cheaper university education  - a bilingual son of a friend of mine is studying at university in Germany - fees 800 quid a year 

+ I've just enjoyed on offer in the Gran Canarias supermarket 6 small cans of Estrella Sur (on offer admittedly for 1.19 or about a quid)

Spain is wonderful if you get tired of Thailand - then look closer to home - great weather , great people and once we get to remain  great prices. 

I enjoy Thailand and i enjoy my trips to Europe.
Budapest, Prague, Bucharest, Lisbon, Barcelona, Hamburg were interesting trips, and soon Athens again, Amsterdam again and Paris again.
I think the idea of a common Europe is good.
Hard in the external borders, within the European borders the greatest possible freedom.

• Thanks 1

Just seen this on Guido any Gammon with heart conditions look away now....articles 104 and 101 - #biggestestablishmentstitchupinhistory

This even to me is a shocker (if true).....

All EU employees, and former employees and MEPs (including both Kinnocks and Mandelson) will receive their pensions and salary free of tax.

No former or current EU employee, if charged with a criminal offence, will be prosecuted.

can't beleive it
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Just seen this on Guido any Gammon with heart conditions look away now....articles 104 and 101 - #biggestestablishmentstitchupinhistory

All EU employees, and former employees and MEPs (including both Kinnocks and Mandelson) will receive their pensions and salary free of tax.

No former or current EU employee, if charged with a criminal offence, will be prosecuted.

They show this garbage in UK-TV?

12 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

They show this garbage in UK-TV?

Not that I know of it was in the comments of a Guido Fawkes article. May is/was always a remainer and the talks were always going to be a stitch up from the off. Over at Guido they know leave is all over they are plotting how high to build the bonfire of betrayal and destroy the tory traitors. And they seem very happy to have Corbyn in if that what it takes to get the traitor May out. Quite extraordinary times indeed. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JAG said:

The cynical, but probably accurate view of a "common European army" is that it would resemble a slice of toast - except that you can make soldiers out of a slice of toast!

If we are to cite the collapse of Yugoslavia in any discussion about a "common European army" it is perhaps worth bearing in mind that with the exception of the British, French, Dutch and Danes the rest of the EU contingents were pretty ineffective. I know, I was there.

I can only agree.
The military readiness of the European troops is deficient.
Incredible waste of money.
No cooperation. All use different material.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

The ability of E.U citizens, who may never have previously set foot in the U.K. let alone pay U.K taxes, to gain a U.K university education, with the help of a Loan, financed by the British taxpayer. Many of whom then return to their home countries and conveniently Forgeting to pay the British tax payers the loan back.

The figure stands at approximately 1.3 Billion£+

Meanwhile the children of British ex-pats, who may also be British tax payers living in countries such as Thailand, are obliged to pay the full education cost, PLUS another 50%. Without the recourse to “their” Funded loan system.

This has always been something that confuses me, Why are Some Brits only too happy to see their fellow citizens treated as 2nd class. 

It's a shame but these students are not necessarily from the EU. Actually the country with the highest unpaid debt amount is Australia.

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Brexiteers did not maneuver the "homeland" into such a subservient position.

The incompetence of our government to negotiate led us to where we are today. We should have had skilled negotiators handling this rather than arrogant, single minded, politicians.

And in the case of no deal the UK will have to negotiate new trade deals with just about the whole world...

Going to be fun! Popcorn time.

Where are you going to get these skilled negotiators from?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

but that is for fire crackers - no the NATO budget

• Like 1