In reversal, army now says no footage of activist's killing

snoop1130

In reversal, army now says no footage of activist's killing

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

ChaiyaphumBand-696x457.jpg

Chaiyaphum Pasae, front, seen in a music video he made with his friends. Image: Now Channel / YouTube

BANGKOK — Shortly after soldiers stopped and killed a 17-year-old ethnic activist at a checkpoint in northern Thailand, the army said it had incontrovertible proof they had acted in self-defense: security camera footage from the scene.

An army commander even told reporters he would have shot Chaiyaphum Pasae himself after watching the footage. But the lawyers representing his family said they never got to view the video of the March 2017 killing, despite multiple requests. And now it seems they never will.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/08/10/in-reversal-army-now-says-no-footage-of-activists-killing/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-8-10

2 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

I am surprised by the acceptance of such obvious BS by the Thai public too. However, it seems to me that as long as you don't take away their Internet and their food and shopping malls...then the majority don't care. 

You missed out Facebook.  And by the way the majority of Thais don't live in Bangkok and barely scrape a living so certainly it won't worry them if they have no shopping malls as they don't go to them anyway but FB and cheap smart phones,   that's a different story

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

I am surprised by the acceptance of such obvious BS by the Thai public too. However, it seems to me that as long as you don't take away their Internet and their food and shopping malls...then the majority don't care. 

Add facebook...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Surely the past tense of catch is caught?

Cached, as in... Coconuts had a video, as there is a trace that one was there, but has since been removed!

so therefore someone somewhere might still have their viewing of it, in their cache - depending on their PC's settings for History

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

That's it - you've said it, Sir Dude. The majority of Thais with whom I come into contact don't seem to show much concern with such difficult abstract concepts as 'moral principle', 'professional ethics', 'the rule of law', etc. 

Mai ben rai. The main thing is - keep those great (superbly, realistically acted) Thai soap operas going, and all those funny game shows, with the boings and bongs and whistles. That is what life is really all about here - THAT is what matters - not silly 'confusing' things like political principle, justice, law and order, freedom of conscience and freedom of expression. If you are concerned with such things, then - 'you think too much'! 

Thinking what needs to be thought, saying what needs to be said, doing what needs to done.......gets you killed in Thailand.

Empathy - Wikipedia

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coastrider said:

I guess Buddha never said don't lie as it seems rampant in  Thailand.

Once you realise  ALL religions are total and  utter BS it makes life so much easier to understand

• Like 2

Irecall many months ago the police sent a copy of the video to the guys' lawyer but the lawyer's staff couldn't find the needed application to open it.

I wonder if the lawyer ever got some professional help to get it opened?

The soldiers and officers involved in this cover up will surely be recognised favourably in the soon to be approved military reshuffle. They have shown great courage in losing the tapes and so avoiding an embarrassing situation for the PM and the Army.

• Like 1

Hmmmm, what to believe ? they probably just thought it was him because it looked exactly like him, and he was traveling that road at almost the exact same time, with what sounded like the same exact name.  The error was probably to to lack of sleep because the baby was up all night crying, or something wrong with grandma, as family is always the most acceptable excuse in the land of unaccountably