Sex in Bangkok's parks: Will governor be forced to swallow his words?

webfact

Sex in Bangkok's parks: Will governor be forced to swallow his words?

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

After the governor of Bangkok claimed there was no sex going on in Bangkok's parks comes more evidence of night time activity in the capital.

Sanook reporters went in search of evidence at two locations - and they found plenty.

In their headline they blamed the gay community - it was man on man, they said.

Earlier a Twitter user had sparked the controversy by saying that he saw men engaging in sexual acts in Lumpini park while out jogging.

Gays were engaging in oral sex and other activities near an octagonal pavilion, said Sanook.

The deputy governor pooh-poohed such a suggestion in the 35 parks under his control - he even said he would cough up 100,000 baht if it could be proved otherwise.

He may soon be forced to open his wallet after Sanook went to Phuttamonthon Sai 2 Park west of Bangkok and Suan Rot Fai (the Railway park) in Chatuchak district.

At Phuttamonthon cleaning ladies said they were fed up with all the used condoms they found. There were up to 30 a day by a shrine, near a ping pong table and near a pond used to rear fish.

But not just that.

They often found tissues sullied by fecal matter and even discarded underwear.

Sanook reporters had a hunt and turned up ten condoms and dirty tissues themselves.

They then went to Suan Rot Fai that is a very popular park in the northern Bangkok area.

Here they spoke to people doing fitness who said they had not seen it with their own eyes but it surely went on in the shadows.

Head of security there said he had not seen it either, though what went on in the darker areas of the park was hard to police.

If they found any illegal activity - and sex in a public park in Thailand is just that - they would call the police, he said.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-14

Its well known that public toilets and parks around the world are meeting places for men looking to hook up with other men for sex and about the only way to discourage it is to put extra strong lighting and cameras where it takes place .

11 minutes ago, Darcula said:

At least they're practising safe sex. When you are rearing fish, you never know what you might catch.

The reality is that this happens, hereto sex and gay sex, all over the world, for thousands of years.

Let's move on...  

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its well known that public toilets and parks around the world are meeting places for men looking to hook up with other men for sex and about the only way to discourage it is to put extra strong lighting and cameras where it takes place .

in my home country they discourage it by locking the john most of the time so nobody can take a leak or a dump

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I heard that was more dolphins (only from what I've read, of course) Unless there are some in Lumphini - swimming, not barbecued. Now don't carp on about it, this is not the right plaice, you old trout.

Lamprey Sir .. Are you Cod or something , a bit tenchy there with Darc's who is after all lightfish & sole of tvf ..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

When I was young we often had sex in the parks or woods when there was nowhere else available.  Soon as we were old enough to get a car then that replaced the outdoors but it was still fun to do it alfresco.  Just leave them to it as long as they do it covertly!

5 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

very funny headline. I guess with any criticism he gets, he will just have to suck it up.

The next fines for any traffic violation committed by Sanook editors just ten-folded. The governor needs tons of cash for all the unearthed evidence.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Will governor be forced to swallow his words?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The deputy governor pooh-poohed such a suggestion in the 35 parks under his control - he even said he would cough up 100,000 baht

That's quite a trick, swallowing his words and coughing up 100k. Very funny article, strewn with innuendo...

17 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

When I was young we often had sex in the parks or woods when there was nowhere else available.  Soon as we were old enough to get a car then that replaced the outdoors but it was still fun to do it alfresco.  Just leave them to it as long as they do it covertly!

This article is about gay men and im assuming from your answer that maybe your not but i could be wrong

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, keith101 said:

This article is about gay men and im assuming from your answer that maybe your not but i could be wrong

The principle is the same, gay or straight.  Everyone has the right to do their own thing.  As for sex in the park in Bangkok, try taking a walk through any of them at night and you will see plenty of straight sex going on.