Thai man shoots his young neighbor dead because he wouldn't turn down the music

webfact

9 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Ha, I just printed out the Thai version to place it under the windshield wiper of the idiot mobile fruit vendor who visits our Apartment block twice a day, early morning and late night. He parks in the lot and starts his recorded propaganda about his crap via a 200 watt speaker. His sales monologue is as long as a reading of War and Peace.  ? ?️??

Did he respond to the "message"?

Edited by lvr181
correction
  • Haha 1

Kind of a surprising move. Most Thais do not even seem to notice noise. Unless someone else is creating it! 

Guess he is not going to be able to enjoy the silence much longer. He will however be able to make alot of new friends, who will make him feel right at home in his new surroundings. Good move. Smart man. Objective accomplished. 

9 hours ago, smedly said:

yes he deserved to be murdered for loud music - right ??

Are you insane ? you have very clearly lost it along with those that "liked" your post

He should have called the police, it is their job to sort stuff like this out - if they fail to do so (which is likely) it does not give anyone the right to take a gun and murder someone 

I was going to ....... but then I read your signature line.

(Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience) 

Edited by ELVIS123456
  • Like 1

Not the best way to handle the problem but I feel him. my neighbors would blast bass heavy music until 4am, everyday.

i asked security to help it didn’t deter them.

i talked to the owner of the building they didn’t care.

i also politely ask the <deleted> himself to no avail.

Finally one sleepless night I turned off the power to his room. 

That sent the message home but not for long. I just had to move.

• Like 2

1.  Rent/live in a gated community with 24x7 security and guards that keep out the noisey dogs (like the dead bloke and Amarosa).

2.   Keep your sense of humour - of course I and the others wouldnt kill somoene who was doing this every night every week every month ?

But that one of their own has taken this step and it might (might) make others think again ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

Are you insane ? you have very clearly lost it along with those that "liked" your post

He should have called the police, it is their job to sort stuff like this out - if they fail to do so (which is likely) it does not give anyone the right to take a gun and murder someone 

Take it easy smedley; he didn't really mean it.

Killing anybody is a NO GO. But if I had a gun and the courage to do it, I'd like to shoot the loudspeakers. As I'm typing this, there is a noise going on in my neighbourhood that cannot, by any means, be named music. Only very loud, deafening, humming basses... coming out of a pick-up.

Would I call the police ?   No way. There are policemen and a high military guy in the houses next to mine. They couldn't care less, like the majority of Thais do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Kind of a surprising move. Most Thais do not even seem to notice noise. Unless someone else is creating it! 

Guess he is not going to be able to enjoy the silence much longer. He will however be able to make alot of new friends, who will make him feel right at home in his new surroundings. Good move. Smart man. Objective accomplished. 

Thinking about the consequences of their actions isn't part of Thai "culture".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post in which the reply was made within the quoted with different colored font has been removed as per the following forum rules:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Forum Netiquette

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

2 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Take it easy smedley; he didn't really mean it.

Killing anybody is a NO GO. But if I had a gun and the courage to do it, I'd like to shoot the loudspeakers. As I'm typing this, there is a noise going on in my neighbourhood that cannot, by any means, be named music. Only very loud, deafening, humming basses... coming out of a pick-up.

Would I call the police ?   No way. There are policemen and a high military guy in the houses next to mine. They couldn't care less, like the majority of Thais do.

Well said - the reality is that all of us who really live/d here have had this experience in Thailand and understand how someone can get so 'angry'.

I can still remember one Hotel where they apologised for the party going to happen soon 'buyt finis 12' (after we checked in)  - music still going 4am.

And then - 6am wake up call by village 'annoubcer' in truck with loudspeakers which stopped right outside the hotel for about 10 minutes.

What this thread shows is that many TV posters have a senbse of humour and understand - the ones that do/have lived in Thailand for longer than a few weeks.

But clearly there are some that have never been here outside of visiting Bkk/Pats/Koh once a year or so.

And some are clearly SJWs in Mum's basement and should take their hands off it.

You know the old story, truck too tall to go under bridge and half a dozen engineer's are scratching their heads trying to figure a way to raise the bridge. A young kid walks by and asks " why not take the air out of the tires?" Same thing applies here...Just shoot the radio.

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Well said - the reality is that all of us who really live/d here have had this experience in Thailand and understand how someone can get so 'angry'.

I can still remember one Hotel where they apologised for the party going to happen soon 'buyt finis 12' (after we checked in)  - music still going 4am.

And then - 6am wake up call by village 'annoubcer' in truck with loudspeakers which stopped right outside the hotel for about 10 minutes.

What this thread shows is that many TV posters have a senbse of humour and understand - the ones that do/have lived in Thailand for longer than a few weeks.

But clearly there are some that have never been here outside of visiting Bkk/Pats/Koh once a year or so.

And some are clearly SJWs in Mum's basement and should take their hands off it.

Your first paragraph . I had the same when about new year we went to Nan . Found a nice resort nearby.  On the way home from 'er folks the place we chose had a karaoke night . We had booked in for 2 nights , next morning we left after saying we had a long day and needed sleep , They told us it was only one night . Sorry , one night or one week , bye bye.

Do all people need this bloody awul noise , most places 'till 1 am. ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I couldn't agree more. Loud music can be selfish and extremely anti social but if somebody truly believes that it is a legitimate reason for a person to be gunned down, then they need locking up themselves. There is always another solution.  

Yes another solution would be a piece of 3 by 2 around his earhole

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

We have noisy neighbours on both sides.  One EVERY SINGLE DAY at 5 - 8 pm opens all the doors to his pick up truck and plays his music (with heavy base) at maximum volume.

On the other side the neighbour has started up a wood cutting factory.  On goes the banging base music at 9 - 5 EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I would move house, but we only just built this one and are tired of moving.

The head man lives next door to me, but he does not seem to care about the constant noise.  I don't think there is a solution.  Asking the neighbours to not play the music loud will just make them loose face and get angry with us farang new neighbours.  Asking the head man I am sure he will do nothing or, just tell them it was us who complained.   Same problem.

We had to move house last time due to EXTREME noise.  Now its go me thinking about moving back to the UK... which I really don't want to do.  I can't believe how most Thai people don't care at all about noise pollution at all.  

Hmm,..this was one of the reasons I resided not to buy a house in Thailand. And travel instead !!! my wife and I travel from north to south and east to west and vice-versa all the time. if a place is bad? we move on, and when it is nice we stay longer and when we decide to move again we do that !!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

Yeah right, the police would jump right on it and settle the issue. Of course murder is an overreaction. He should have just shot up the little punk’s stereo, blown out his tires, and shot him in the leg to make sure he got the message. 

14 hours ago, smedly said:

I agree. It was shocking to see 86 thanks and likes to his insane post. There are a lot of very deranged people on this forum.

This could have easily been handled by the police.

Actually, I would have shot up his Truck stereo equiment, then beat him with a club, broken knees take a year to heal,  he would have done a month at most in Jail for assault and creating a disturbance.