Finally getting a "retirement visa".

For the first time I will now go to the Immigration office in Pattaya and apply for (I guess it's called) an extension of stay due to retirement? I am currently here on a non-O based on marriage obtained in Savannakhet and just reached 2 months "maturity" on the 800k in my bank account.

Could someone please list all the required documents to be filled in and copied before I take the dreaded hike down there? I should probably mention that I have a yellow tabien baan book.

You will need a completed TM7 form with 2 4 X 6 cm photos attached. Here is a fillable package of forms you might need. 

BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf  Complete one and it fills in the remainder of them Print the 2 sided forms that way. 

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the date the letter is done. Updated copies of your bank book to prove it has been in the bank for 60 days. The letter can be up to a couple of days old on the date you apply.

Not sure they will accept your yellow house book. If it is for a house that your wife owns then signed copies of her house book and ID card would be accepted for proof of residence.

Have you done a TM30 form since you entered the country. They will insist on you having that done.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a completed TM7 form with 2 4 X 6 cm photos attached. Here is a fillable package of forms you might need. 

BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf  Complete one and it fills in the remainder of them Print the 2 sided forms that way. 

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the date the letter is done. Updated copies of your bank book to prove it has been in the bank for 60 days. The letter can be up to a couple of days old on the date you apply.

Not sure they will accept your yellow house book. If it is for a house that your wife owns then signed copies of her house book and ID card would be accepted for proof of residence.

Have you done a TM30 form since you entered the country. They will insist on you having that done.

Would this be the TM30 form title? "NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE
WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED"

No, forgot to do that one the last time I arrived so have to complete that first (+ pay 1600 Baht - grrrr!)

In addition I surely will need the usual copies of passport pages with data, visa, entry stamp and departure card.

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The main thing is always your bank letter, Have you considered using the app, part of which is checking you have relevant documents in order before attending.

Thanks for the tip but after reading the posts in the thread you linked to I've decided not to install an app from the Immigration authorities in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Becker said:

Would this be the TM30 form title? "NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE
WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED"

No, forgot to do that one the last time I arrived so have to complete that first (+ pay 1600 Baht - grrrr!)

In addition I surely will need the usual copies of passport pages with data, visa, entry stamp and departure card.

Yes that is the TM30 form.

Yes you need the passport copies and TM6 card.

15 minutes ago, Becker said:

WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED"

Maybe not, Jomtien can be very inconsistent in regards to TM30, I have done a couple of extensions there and to date have never been asked for a TM30. Even when I have gone there specifically to do one, was told I dont need to as I have a permanent address in Pattaya, a yellow book. I literally had the form filled out and they woudnt take it. Also have friends in the same situation who have been asked, fined etc.

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe not, Jomtien can be very inconsistent in regards to TM30, I have done a couple of extensions there and to date have never been asked for a TM30. Even when I have gone there specifically to do one, was told I dont need to as I have a permanent address in Pattaya, a yellow book. I literally had the form filled out and they woudnt take it. Also have friends in the same situation who have been asked, fined etc.

Yes, that's one of the "charms" of Thailand :biggrin:. I did an extension on my non-O a few months back and for the first time became aware of this reporting rule when my wife was slapped with a 1600 Baht fine. The next time I reentered Thailand I went and did the reporting and they eagerly took my papers. After my last reentry we forgot to do the reporting so expect another fine will have to be paid if I'm to get that retirement extension.

PS. Thanks as always to ubonjoe for him continuing to be such a great source of information!:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I found this thread because I will be visiting the Chiang Mai division tomorrow, and have a question about the banking issue, I will hopefully get my Non-O stamp, having applied 11 July, and was given a blue slip saying 'application under consideration' and to return 16 Aug for my Non-O visa if its accepted.

Ubon Joe, do I need yet another bank letter today?

They had all this info when I submitted the application on 11 July, I'm confused.

Will I get the non-o and then have to come back yet again in 60 days time?

The Money arrived in my account from overseas on 9 July, thanks.  

3 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

I found this thread because I will be visiting the Chiang Mai division tomorrow, and have a question about the banking issue, I will hopefully get my Non-O stamp, having applied 11 July, and was given a blue slip saying 'application under consideration' and to return 16 Aug for my Non-O visa if its accepted.

They had all this info when I submitted the application on 11 July, I'm confused.

You apparently will be getting a 90 entry stamp after the non immigrant visa (category O) is stamped in your passport.

You will have to return to immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry to apply for the extension of stay.

You will need a new bank letter and copies of your updated bank book to prove the money has been in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

All you need is your passport.

Now approved, they'll just give you the Non Imm stamp and permission to stay for the next 90 days.

Within the last 30 days of the 90, you apply for your extension.

You'll need to update your bank book and a letter from the bank to meet the financial requirement of having 800,000 baht in the account for 60 days. I'd also submit all the same documents you submitted for the Non Imm O.

• Thanks 1

Just an update. Wanted to get my retirement extension today but went away empty handed as I mistakenly thought they went by the actual expiry date in the visa (which is early next month).

It turns out that they go by the date stamped in your passport if you've been out of the country and that date is later than the visa expiry date so I have to return next month instead as they only do it within one month of that date.

Also, they gave me the attached form to fill in in addition to all the rest.

IMG_20180821_0001_NEW.pdf

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Just an update. Wanted to get my retirement extension today but went away empty handed as I mistakenly thought they went by the actual expiry date in the visa (which is early next month).

Assuming that the visa you refer to is multi-entry (Savannakhet do issue multi-entry non-O's for marriage), why not do another border run before it expires to get a further 90 days out of it before applying for a retirement extension up to 30 days before this additional 90-day period expires?

Edited by OJAS

15 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Assuming that the visa you refer to is multi-entry (Savannakhet do issue multi-entry non-O's for marriage), why not do another border run before it expires to get a further 90 days out of it before applying for a retirement extension up to 30 days before this 90-period expires?

Because I can't lock up the 800k any longer. I would have done just that if I had known about them not using the expiry date of the actual non-O visa (yes, from Savannakhet) when you've been out of the country before it expires.

Edited by Becker