Man arrested after suspected parliament attack named as Salih Khater - source

webfact

14 hours ago, lungbing said:

A refugee from the fighting in Sudan.  That country had it's usual African civil war and split into two countries.  Sudan and South-Sudan.  Now South-Sudan is having a civil war.  So what's next, North South-Sudan and South South-Sudan, or maybe East South-Sudan and West South-Sudan for a change.

Send them back on arrival.

Manchester against Birmingham?????

19 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

True, but most terrorist acts in the UK and Europe in the last 40 years have been perpetrated by muslims.

And the terrorists claim their acts are mandated by their "religion".

Yes, I think the numbers bear that out in Europe (although it’s not the case in the United States) -- and the fact that the Muslim religion is used to justify acts of violence is indeed something that Muslims themselves should reflect on and speak out against (some are admittedly better at that than others!). I’m only saying that individuals should be judged on their own merits and not on what their name sounds like or what “group” they’re assumed to belong to.

5 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Yes, I think the numbers bear that out in Europe (although it’s not the case in the United States)

I agree with you completely on this. I have frequently expressed the view that muslim immigration into the US is very different from muslim immigration into the UK and Europe.

Another major difference is that the USA is a nation of immigrants. But the UK isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

True, but most terrorist acts in the UK and Europe in the last 40 years have been perpetrated by muslims.

In the last 20 years, yes. In the last 40 years no. Between 20 and 40 years ago. Many despicable acts of mass murder committed by both the IRA and Basque terrorists.

Omagh bombing, 20 years ago yesterday. 29 innocents dead.

2 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Another major difference is that the USA is a nation of immigrants. But the UK isn't. 

Probably more native Americans living in the US today than there are Druids living in the UK.

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Probably more native Americans living in the US today than there are Druids living in the UK.

? hmm actually I am a Druid. The Romans came to my country about 2,000 years ago. The Anglo-Saxons about 1,500 years ago, the Normans about 1,000 years ago. Together we make the ethnic British.

Edited by My Thai Life

1 hour ago, Cory1848 said:

No, he doesn’t. Most Sudanese (and Muslims) in the UK (and elsewhere) are not terrorists; I assume that British law enforcement will sort out whatever this fellow’s problem is. No “group” is any more or less capable of terrorism than any other. Don’t forget, the British themselves spent several hundred years sending armed forces overseas to countries where they weren’t invited, primarily for the economic benefit of Great Britain, committing countless acts of terrorism along the way. Look up “Jallianwala Bagh” for starters. Sure, British colonialism provided some benefits for colonized countries as well, but likewise most Muslim communities in the UK contribute positively to society.

Many Islamist terror attackers claim they are in revenge for the pain suffered in their countries due to Western military, albeit claimed collateral, killing of civilians. However, hypocrisy is at the core of Islamist Salafi ideology as the vast majority of Islamist murders are of their fellow Muslim civilians which is  proscribed in the Koran.

Among other causes ISIS and other Islamist Salafi terror groups aim for the overthrow of corrupt Muslim dictators. The Sykes-Picot Agreement and establishment of the State of Israel are examples of other grievances.

Right now it is estimated that there are still 20k - 30k armed members of IS in Syria, Iraq and elsewhere, so no quick resolution for the IS threat and other Islamist Salafi groups. I have read estimates the Islamist terror threat to the West will likely be around for at least another 50 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1