Reeking Jomtien Beach Road sprayed down

Rimmer

Reeking Jomtien Beach Road sprayed down

image.png

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya sanitation workers sprayed Jomtien Beach Road which stank of garbage-scented storm runoff.

A work crew cleaned up the busy street from Soi 4 to Dongtan Beach Aug. 9.

The street had been polluted by water that ran out of the bottom of public trash cans and backed up out of sewers after recent rains. The entire beachfront reeked like a landfill.

City officials urged people to separate their waste from recyclables and dispose of garbage properly so it doesn’t create trash stew when it rains.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-08-17
  • Sad 1

Everywhere I go in Bangkok I smell garbage. Even around schools, universities, upscale malls, MRT stations, down all the sois barrels overflowing... Bangkok is an absolute filthy mess. Since the junta - not saying any correlation, but about 4-5 years now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Everywhere I go in Bangkok I smell garbage. Even around schools, universities, upscale malls, MRT stations, down all the sois barrels overflowing... Bangkok is an absolute filthy mess. Since the junta - not saying any correlation, but about 4-5 years now.

....maybe you are smelling yourself....?

Peace.

• Haha 2

They talk about wanting world class destinations...well, bite-the-bullet over a year or two and fix the flood drains, sewerage, crime and garbage issues. Then you might be able to claim that it is a better destination as there won't be stuff like this happening or turds floating in the sea close to the beach etc. You can't do it on-the-cheap, need to invest properly as people are not stupid (well, the Chinese might buy it for a bit but that's at risk now even). It's all about infrastructure, low crime, good levels of hospitality, few scams, things to do and clean beaches with water you can swim in...none of which seem to be being sort at the moment..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thian said:

Have you ever seen all the bins in jomtien beachroad? There's a huge one every 50 meters.

yes and he is 100% correct their bins is smelling and always full because they not get emtry every day 

and it seems you don't know what you talking about sorry Mr try looking next time you here 

I walk Jomtien Beach Road around sunrse for exercise. Each morning private trucks, cars and motorbikes deposit dripping bags of garbage or just empty large buckets of waste into the trash bins. It is wet, smelly food waste from restaurants, markets and residences. It's not beach type litter but commercial waste that mostly fill the bins and causes them and the road surface they sit on to reek. Local authorities need to either stop dumping into the bins or power wash the bins and roadway they sit on 1- 2 times a week to stop the stench and pigs will fly out of. . .

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

I walk Jomtien Beach Road around sunrse for exercise. Each morning private trucks, cars and motorbikes deposit dripping bags of garbage or just empty large buckets of waste into the trash bins. It is wet, smelly food waste from restaurants, markets and residences. It's not beach type litter but commercial waste that mostly fill the bins and causes them and the road surface they sit on to reek. Local authorities need to either stop dumping into the bins or power wash the bins and roadway they sit on 1- 2 times a week to stop the stench and pigs will fly out of. . .

Amen!

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sex City where even the pavements can get a soapy .. Ain't never been cold hose'd for the finish though ..

IMG_20180817_073128.jpg

Is this unusual for a world class tourist destination? I hear Pattaya is back to its full glory....according to the brochure.

3 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Dude what your smelling is your own BS.  There are no massive filthy bins overflowing with bubbling liquid stench festering in the midday sun. In fact lower sukhumvit where I live is spotless, your hard pressed to even see a few empty beer bottles

1 hour ago, 1duckyboy said:

Each morning private trucks, cars and motorbikes deposit dripping bags of garbage or just empty large buckets of waste into the trash bins. It is wet, smelly food waste from restaurants, markets and residences.

This is indeed the problem. The Thai food stall owners are simply too cheap to buy bags to put their crap in, and instead they tip it directly into the refuse containers where, inevitably, it just turns into a thick layer of smelly goo on

the sides of those containers. You can see them doing exactly the same thing in the drains, all over town.

As long as they can save 5B by doing that they just dont care.

Ive seen the guys on the garbage trucks, unlike the west where they earn top dollar for a job nobody wants the poor thai guys are probably on minimum wage . I dont think the longest shower could remove the stench absorbed by the body and skin

• Like 1

The bins in beachside resorts should be emptied every day, if you want to keep the tourists happy. I have seen in other countries where the bins are chained to a pole and the lid can only be opened just enough to place a plastic bottle or coffee cup inside there fore you eliminate the problem of stallholders and the like of using these bins, but this is Pattaya with one of the worst garbage collection services I've seen any where and I spent 30 years in the waste industry in Oz 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

yes and he is 100% correct their bins is smelling and always full because they not get emtry every day 

and it seems you don't know what you talking about sorry Mr try looking next time you here 

Those bins on beachroad are always smelling, since many years...

If you really want to smell stench go to new Delhi...i puked from the smell after 1 day...it's horrible..Jomtien is a bathroom compared to there.

Is this news?

I never understood the comments about how great Jomtien is.

There has always been a stench sewage smell all long beach road from my experience.  Much worse then Pattaya beach. Some still comment that Jomtien is pristine.

What a laugh.