Get tough measures aim to reduce road death toll among motorcyclists by 50%

rooster59

After being here for years I have taken notice that when the police want to do some thing or are made to so some thing they can and will do it.

I believe they will lay down the law and things will improve.

You would not believe the changes up where I am since the police have gotten tough on things. 

Not Traffic laws as of yet. But brothels shut down,Karoake shut downs just major sex industry clean up. They said they would remove illegal shops form the street and they did. There have been major changes. I am not saying I agree with all of them but I am saying when they want they can get the job done.

t.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

The only way to seriously reduce mocy accidents by 50% is to remove 50% of mocy from the roads.

Which would result in twice as many people being on each mocy, of course (if that is possible and it appears to be).

• Haha 1

A swathe of new measures being introduced next year aim to reduce the death toll among motorcyclists by 50% a year.

I don't know if this is possible but The number of riders and passengers wearing helmets has increased greatly in Chiang Mai. That has to help a little.

Just now, ramrod711 said:

A swathe of new measures being introduced next year aim to reduce the death toll among motorcyclists by 50% a year.

I don't know if this is possible but The number of riders and passengers wearing helmets has increased greatly in Chiang Mai. That has to help a little.

Just a shame that many helmets are little more than hair protection and there is little understanding that they have to be worn correctly, with a strap, to afford even minimal protection in case of an accident.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Just a shame that many helmets are little more than hair protection and there is little understanding that they have to be worn correctly, with a strap, to afford even minimal protection in case of an accident.

And they have to fit properly to the individual noggin, according to my IndexTM helmet manual.

Edited by MaxYakov