Immigration Line Sitter

Wandr

On 8/21/2018 at 10:34 PM, EricTh said:

I laugh everytime somebody use the Thai translation software, it's just horrible confusing translation.

Those software can only do simple translation like numbers, how much, hi, goodbye etc.

I get smiles and downright laughter from Thai people every time I try to use a translator app.  Actually it's a good ice breaker...but more importantly, a good incentive to learn to speak some Thai ?

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, alfieconn said:

Actually i have a better idea, on my next visa extension i will go to the line sitter at the front of the queue and ask him/ her to also hold my position for me, now someone tell that isn't within the rules and isn't legal  ?

Ask the next ten people in line if it's ok, they will probably call you a pig, or mabe even worse. I know I would

21 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Ask the next ten people in line if it's ok, they will probably call you a pig, or mabe even worse. I know I would

What would my agreement with the line sitter have to do with them ?  they are probably line sitter's themselves, besides,people who use Line sitter's have no morals ( in my opinion) so why should i ?

On 8/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, Thailand said:

I use a line sitter for a few years and have recommended them to others that have asked me so by association you are referring to me and those others that use such service as "pigs of the first degree"  if that is the level of response you feel necessary to sink to on this forum then I feel quite sorry for you and find it is strange that such comments are acceptable to the ptb. 

It is you and others like you that are sinking to an all time low.

The system has progressively been manipulated so that many having to conduct business with immigration are being pushed to use agents. Now, not only do we have that to contend with, we also have to contend with pigs using third parties to secure places, again decreasing the odds of the actual queuing applicants gaining slot numbers for the day, and your attitude is, well, it`s not breaking any laws, so <deleted> are you going to do about it?

The whole system stinks to high heaven, and your lot stink the most.

Hoping immigration will clamp down on people like you abusing us with your cheating methods of pushing in front of the queue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The system has progressively been manipulated so that many having to conduct business with immigration are being pushed to use agents. Now, not only do we have that to contend with, we also have to contend with pigs using third parties to secure places, again decreasing the odds of the actual queuing applicants gaining slot numbers for the day, and your attitude is, well, it`s not breaking any laws, so <deleted> are you going to do about it?

Hoping immigration will clamp down on people like you abusing us with your cheating methods of pushing in front of the queue.

So, let,s say he uses an agent next time, what possible good would that do you. The system stinks, do what you have to do to make it work for you, or quit whining.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Next time tell us how you really feel about it, don't hold back.

35 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Fail to see any problem with paying someone to hold my place in the queue, it's only the place I would be in if I arrived in the dark to do exactly the same thing so nobody is losing out.

+7

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Fail to see any problem with paying someone to hold my place in the queue, it's only the place I would be in if I arrived in the dark to do exactly the same thing so nobody is losing out.

It's also how many of the agents keep the places fo the guys who employ their services but that appears to be OK if you pay more.

The system itself is badly at fault and basically goes back to 2015 when it all went pear shaped with the ending of online booking and G4T coming on the scene. Rapidly downhill from there.

Of course people are losing out, because genuine people are they further back in the queue because of line sitters, it's not rocket science !

In fact if you want to get technical about things, the queues are for people to apply for extension of visa's based on marriage and retirement so if a line sitter is not applying for either then they shouldn't be in the queue, in fact i'm quite looking forward to doing my next visa extension.

Edited by alfieconn

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Of course people are losing out, because genuine people are they further back in the queue, it's not rocket science !

In fact if you want to get technical about things, the queues are for people to apply for extension of visa's based on marriage and retirement so if a line sitter is not applying for either then they shouldn't be in the queue, in fact i'm quite looking forward to doing my next visa extension.

I stopped banging my head against the wall as soon as it started to hurt, certainly found it was worthwhile and highly recommended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

It's also how many of the agents keep the places fo the guys who employ their services but that appears to be OK if you pay more.

The system itself is badly at fault and basically goes back to 2015 when it all went pear shaped with the ending of online booking and G4T coming on the scene. Rapidly downhill from there.

It certainly needs fixing. Even the online system seemed to be manipulated by agents taking too many slots and over taxing the system. Agents are the true cause of all the evil and interesting for the IO's life if I am being understood correctly.19 yrs here in CM alone and the system is broken and getting worse. Get ready for it to be more frustrating as the Chinese are buying up property and moving here by the oodles. Oodles in this case are several hundreds maybe to be thousands. Ugly giant just let of the leash and the system just can't take it. Maybe this kind of problem should be brought up to the junta to fix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If I ever employed a line sitter,I would feel ashamed and

could not look other people in the eyes ,when i turned up

at 8.00 to take over my place,that's why I could never do

it.

regards worgeordie

I had a line sitter waiting in front of me two years ago. She disappeared for many hours and suddenly appeared when it's nearly time to hand out the queue numbers. I asked her whether she was cutting queue but she said that was her bag there to reserve a place.

We argued for a few minutes even seeking the confirmation of the guys sitting in front of the queue that they have seen her earlier. But the guys in front could hardly remember anyone in the queue. 

She said she was a 'friend' of a Japanese retiree but I think she's either an agent or a line sitter because she was ethnic Thai. The Japanese guy came much later.

They don't feel ashamed at all.

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Maybe this kind of problem should be brought up to the junta to fix.

Yes the whole system needs to be 44 'ed

Also the process where anyone over ,i think

it started at 65 ,when the older retirees could

get seen to quickly ,upstairs,then it went to 70 ,when

they realized how many older folks were using

this method ,instead of agents,then it went up

again to 75, so i suppose by the time i reach 75, it will

have gone up to 99 years.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If I ever employed a line sitter,I would feel ashamed and

could not look other people in the eyes ,when i turned up

at 8.00 to take over my place,that's why I could never do

it.

We all hope that everything will improve when the new/old offices

reopen,but with so much money been involved,i cannot  see any

changes been made,in fact one thing will be worse and that's the 

parking.not looking forward to it.thankfully it's only once a year,

online 90 day reporting working OK for me.

regards worgeordie

I'm going to use an agent for the first time in October and I like you could use a line sitter, they are cheaper but I just can't do that, I will pay an agent to do the job, if they use a line sitter that's up to them, I just want my visa without having to go through the whole process myself. Last year I was there at 2am , first in the q and was berated for going so early, but not any more I am beaten now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yes the whole system needs to be 44 'ed

Also the process where anyone over ,i think

it started at 65 ,when the older retirees could

get seen to quickly ,upstairs,then it went to 70 ,when

they realized how many older folks were using

this method ,instead of agents,then it went up

again to 75, so i suppose by the time i reach 75, it will

have gone up to 99 years.

regards worgeordie

From the few reports of people being able to use the priority lane it appears that that is not the most efficient way either. It changed  from 70 to 75 when I reached 70! ?

16 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I'm going to use an agent for the first time in October and I like you could use a line sitter, they are cheaper but I just can't do that, I will pay an agent to do the job, if they use a line sitter that's up to them, I just want my visa without having to go through the whole process myself. Last year I was there at 2am , first in the q and was berated for going so early, but not any more I am beaten now.

Sorry to hear that but isn't using an agent just a more expensive line sitter?

45 minutes ago, Thailand said:

From the few reports of people being able to use the priority lane it appears that that is not the most efficient way either. It changed  from 70 to 75 when I reached 70! ?

Sorry to hear that but isn't using an agent just a more expensive line sitter?

What more do you want me to do? I have been doing it myself for 14 years, enough is enough. Jeez, Like I said I got hammered last year for being there at 2am all the pro-visa agent members came down on me like a ton of bricks. I was not at all worried about that, but if I go there at 2am THIS year it's very likely that I WILL NOT BE FIRST, so I am using an agent. Thank you and good day

Edited by ThaiPauly
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be at odds about line-sitters.  Considering they only charge 300 baht, anyone is free to use them.  They simply provide a service of standing in line.  When you come to replace them, that doesn’t make the line longer, and you are not cutting in front of anyone.  

Line-sitters and agents are not to blame for the situation of having to queue up hours before Immigration opens; the people in charge at Chiang Mai Immigration are to blame since this problem doesn’t seem to exist at other province’s immigration offices.

The solution is to fix the root problem, not complain about the symptom.  

Until that happens though, line sitters provide a great service.  Nobody is hurt by it, and you’re providing income to someone who values that 300 baht a lot more than the visa applicant.  It’s a win-win.

Well you are because you haven't queued up !!!   at Immigration it ses " LIne for people doing extension of visa for marriage / retirement " is doesn't say "LIne for Line sitter's for  extension of visa for marriage / retirement ".

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

What more do you want me to do? I have been doing it myself for 14 years, enough is enough. Jeez, Like I said I got hammered last year for being there at 2am all the pro-visa agent members came down on me like a ton of bricks. I was not at all worried about that, but if I go there at 2am THIS year it's very likely that I WILL NOT BE FIRST, so I am using an agent. Thank you and good day

Sorry you took offence at my comments, at the end of the day we are all being forced in to one way or another of doing what should, and certainly was a few years ago,a very simple process as I am sure you are aware.

Good luck with whatever route you choose.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You have been given enough responses.

I line sitter = I customer.  End of story.  

The actual applicant or their nominee (which is all a line sitter is) is only sitting in line for one number for one applicant at any one moment in time.  Agents (certainly the major ones) have their own access and appointments system and therefore are actually taking the load off those of you who enjoy 2AM nocturnal excursions.

I meanwhile will continue to enjoy my long lie in bed of a morning and my G&T's at the bar while my "Nominee" (line sitter/agent or whatever) does the tedious stuff which I cannot be bothered to do.

Well we can all do that.

Anyway  your obviously  using an  Agent so i'm not to sure why your posting  on a thread that is about Line sitting !

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well we can all do that.

Anyway  your obviously  using an  Agent so i'm not to sure why your posting  on a thread that is about Line sitting !

I don't know why you keep responding when you have been given all the answers you need.

PS;  This is a forum where all may join in!

PPS;  Does your "Titanium" membership reflect the density of your "brain"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

doing what should, and certainly was a few years ago,a very simple process as I am sure you are aware.

The "process" or rules have not changed and it has been this bad, or worse, since at least before 2000 to my own knowledge/experience!

Edited by scottiejohn

26 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I don't know why you keep responding when you have been given all the answers you need.

PS;  This is a forum where all may join in!

PPS;  Does your "Titanium" membership reflect the density of your "brain"?

Well don't go off topic then, it's not difficult to understand what the title of this thread is  but i'll give it to you again and nowhere does it mention agent's   !   Immigration Line Sitter

Edited by alfieconn

Like most things nowadays it will be a case of how many mouths will the service be feeding. As the economy gets worse, it will turn into a job creation scheme (has done to some extent).

Basically instead of the original cost of visa which went to the various govt offices etc, you now have a "padding service" which provides extra income for more people. However at the end of the day the clients (those getting visas) are the only ones inputting money into the system.

Of course if this was a private service, the client base would have a lot of power but being a government service the situation is slightly different. However I do think it would mess up the "system" if suddenly everyone refused to use line sitters or agents. It might be the incentive required to sort it all out.

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well don't go off topic then, it's not difficult to understand what this thread is about !

Sorry.  Who has gone off topic?
My earlier post (54) consisted of 10 lines which were all on the subject of defining what a line sitter was as you seemed unable to grasp this simple situation.  

You then fully requoted that post and highlighted the last 4 lines stating I was off topic. DUH!
I suggest you let the topic drop and as they say "when in a hole stop digging"!

Edited by scottiejohn