Anyone Using Cat In Pattaya?

jeffrosner

I know I maybe walk into CAT and get service, but what service? I hear they have a 2mbs connection for 3000 baht but connected to what? I already have a TOT phone and ADSL from TOT. To what does CAT attach?

TT&T is doing the service for CAT.

But I'm not sure the service is better? :o

I know I maybe walk into CAT and get service, but what service? I hear they have a 2mbs connection for 3000 baht but connected to what? I already have a TOT phone and ADSL from TOT. To what does CAT attach?

So what does that mean? I need a TT&T phone number? Is CAT DSL - or cable?

So what does that mean? I need a TT&T phone number? Is CAT DSL - or cable?

Yes, you'll need a TT&T number and they using ADSL as well. TT&T have an office at Carefour and the Headoffice is at Pattayatai Rd. (South Pattaya Road).

I went into the CAT office and signed up for the 2mb connection, it costs me 2600 baht a month. I tried to sign up with TOT and TT&T before but none of them could give me a line. I do not have a TOT or TT&T phone line, and CAT do not other a phone line they just give you the internet. The Cat office is on Pattaya Tai, near the third road junction.

The 2mb is a bit of a joke during the day (in my old house the 1mb TOT line run a lot quicker, but it is a lot more reliable than TOT).

hi all iam on a tot 1meg at the moment and gettin about 850 or 860 out side thailand

i went to cat yesterday ready to get the 2 meg i spoke to a nice lady who said dont bother i will only get about 800 if iam lucky its not worth changen the price was 2800 with the vat she said they cant make it cheaper as they rent the lines to tt&t she said the 4meg i would only get 1meg so stick with tot 1 meg

Hi,

How do you know that TT&T is doing the service to CAT?

Is that def true?

Heres my 3 pennys worth about bandwidth in Pattaya/Thailand:

It all depends if you really need it or not and if ur prepared to pay for it...

There is 2 types of service available from all of these service providers.

1: Home net: Cheaper but not so fast, Lines all full, too many users/ratio on each port, so slow speeds and unrelaible service.

2: Coperate: A lot more money but faster for sure, eg: 1MB connection 4000 baht... The corperate lines are the same as Home lines, they just charge more and do not over load the port/ratio with so many users.

The bottom line is that if you really want faster net for home or for business you have to pay for it, you wont get it from a HOME connection apart from the odd rainy day.

I have not tried C.A.T yet but the word on the street was very positive. (my friend and his sister use it in 2 seperate locations and both swear by it) fast speeds and great service and friendly efficient staff. They also have HOME and corperate lines. If you have got the cash get a coperate line I belive its the fastest internet in pattaya. I belive they have lines in Central pattaya only.. I would be interest to speak to anyone in this forum who has actually got a CAT line NOW and can speak 100% factual about their experiences. by the sounds of it no body has actually got a CAT line installed and using it now.??

fact tt&t rent the line from cat who provide the servis thats why the price is set and cat will not make it cheaper fact the reason why its slow and you dont get what you pay for and this also goes for tot the providers of adsl have out of date exchages and limited band width for sale ive been told this form the manager at tot and the nice lady i talkt to yesterday

i wish we had the same as the rest of the world 10meg plus just goes to show how far behind this place is