Freeloading official brought to task for demanding free hotel room, abusing staff

snoop1130

Freeloading official brought to task for demanding free hotel room, abusing staff

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1535114114_1-org.jpg

Than Sintawalai, Chief of the Department of Rural Roads Krabi office, caught on CCTV abusing the staff and demanding a free room at the resort. Screengrab: CCTV

PHUKET:-- A freeloading official has been forced to apologise for intimidating and unloading a tirade of vulgar abuse at staff at a Krabi resort for not getting the room he wanted at the nearly fully booked resort – for free.

The official caught abusing hotel staff and demanding a free room at the resort was Than Sintawalai, Chief of the Department of Rural Roads Krabi office.

Suthat Prukamonkul, General Manager of Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort and Spa, filed a formal complaint of the incident to the Krabi Governor yesterday (Aug 23).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/freeloading-official-brought-to-task-for-demanding-free-hotel-room-abusing-staff-68370.php#45S7BpISF17MC8c2.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-8-24

47 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

What do all these people do all day when placed on inactive duty???

There must be thousands !!!!

I have been told that their punishment -most apt-is to count the used EMPTY brown envelopes and stack them in large piles in warehouses until they can be recycled again and again.

Hence they are still positively contributing to the truly unique flavour of Thai culture and society and should be duly acknowledged as being an essential part of it.?

Edited by Odysseus123

It's how it works over here in Thailand, with position comes status, with status comes power, with power comes the opportunity to lord it over all subordinates or general public..

the trouble is most are willing to take the s**t they give out and cow-down to their peers, so it continues!!

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

It is mind boggling that attitude even exists at all.  He should be fired then arrested, and Lt Col ML Kittibordee Prawit  should be praised for making the schmuck apologize.  

Yes, but has he been forced to PAY for the room? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It's how it works over here in Thailand, with position comes status, with status comes power, with power comes the opportunity to lord it over all subordinates or general public..

the trouble is most are willing to take the s**t they give out and cow-down to their peers, so it continues!!

I tried to get a local head official to sign a form stating that the person in a photo (me) was me. She spent 10 minutes or more making excuse after excuse why she couldn't do it, until I just got up and talked out. My wife was angry with me and before she left herself wai-ed the official for taking the piss out of us.

The problem is Thailand's rigid class system. I'm from the UK where such a thing is said to exist although that largely disappeared in the 60s. But Thailand is infinitely worse. Everyone has to bow down to someone, except those at the very, very top of the tree. That pisses them off, so they in turn piss on those below them.

• Like 1

Mr Than asked for a room with a Jacuzzi on the fifth floor of the resort.

Staff explained that the resort was nearly fully booked with guests, but managed to offer him a room with a Jacuzzi on the fourth floor

Fifth or fourth floor, what's the difference, had he made a plan for a balcony jump? Idiot!

Edited by Vacuum

Than Sintawalai, Chief of the Department of Rural Roads Krabi office is a very small man. He was abusing his office. He is a self entitled little worm. If this government took itself seriously, he would be fired in a nanosecond. Chief of the department of rural roads? Imagine how important someone with a real position considers themselves here?

• Like 1

I'm unclear as to why this Krabi incident is featured in the Phuket News forum.

I know the story came from the Phuket News media outlet, but they do cover matters from all over the kingdom.

Krabi locals may have some valuable input if this thread was in their forum.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I'm unclear as to why this Krabi incident is featured in the Phuket News forum.

I know the story came from the Phuket News media outlet, but they do cover matters from all over the kingdom.

Krabi locals may have some valuable input if this thread was in their forum.

No idea either, I even reported it, but ignored.