A three-horse race for the next election?

rooster59

A three-horse race for the next election?

Y2Gcr7FmYarLhDwkHzvYrI2aCQldu43i0HwMKGmJ5WEasENBcHV.jpg

In just a few more weeks, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan–o–cha will make known his political future.  Many may wonder why Gen Prayut needs to wait until September to unveil what is in his mind.

Political observers believe the prime minister is not just trying to buy time, but his move is well–calculated.  If everything goes right, the two laws on MP elections and selection of senators will be published in the Royal Gazette in mid–September. They will take effect 90 days after that and a general election will have to be held within 150 days afterwards.

Also in September, the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) plans to hold a long–awaited meeting with representatives of political parties to discuss steps to pave the way to the election.  One important item on the agenda will be the partial lifting of the ban on political activities.  Politicians see the ban as a major obstruction to their preparations for the election.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/a-three-horse-race-for-the-next-election/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-25

You know.... as in the past..... assination plots are seldom known till the 'deed' is done......

I can almost feel that somewhere nearby the plotting is currently going on, in secret meetings..... I wish them sucess.....

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

You know.... as in the past..... assination plots are seldom known till the 'deed' is done......

I can almost feel that somewhere nearby the plotting is currently going on, in secret meetings..... I wish them sucess.....

Or....a coup and then a counter coup and so forth. 

And so it goes. The cycles continue along their lovely path.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave67 said:

PT and Future Forward would trounce any Junta related coalition,

I don't think that they would trounce the opposition as the election is unlikely to be held un til the current lot are certain of the win, meanwhile trashing and charging the opposition with anything is a good way for them to sow fear and confusion. 

If they drag the cases out for long enough they can ban quite a few members by not allowing them to fight the election while they are out on bail or whatever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that they would trounce the opposition as the election is unlikely to be held un til the current lot are certain of the win, meanwhile trashing and charging the opposition with anything is a good way for them to sow fear and confusion. 

If they drag the cases out for long enough they can ban quite a few members by not allowing them to fight the election while they are out on bail or whatever.

Pretty much sums it up: 'Either we run this place or nobody does.'

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lincolnshire poacher said:

Unfortunately not if Future Forward are convicted of "Computer crimes" which looks incredibly likely

You really think with the money they have anything will happen? Their lawyer is involved they can drag it out until after the election

• Like 1