Foreigners driving cars around town with their driver’s side window down

Cricky

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I did think of a poll for this weeks daftest post award....

There are places in the world where it's safer for foreigners to remain behind dark tinted windows when they're driving or being driven around.

I haven't found Thailand to be one of them.  But it's easy to see how someone may get the impression it is...

I have been targeted for back handers in Thailand.  But so do locals.  And more often, I get waved through checkpoints faster since there's not much risk I'm a dissident making my way to wherever the protests are scheduled.  And I have been sent on my way once or twice each year when I couldn't understand what the cop was asking me and just handed over my DL, insurance and registration papers.

So, this thread wouldn't come close to getting my vote for having the daftest post.  Some of the meanest replies, maybe...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

As part of the reason for the checkpoints is to see who is in the vehicle it is obvious that a window down already will generally mean you are waved on thai or not.  If you are not on the photo board they are shown before shift that is.

Edited by harrry
  • Haha 1