Which reciprocating saw?

babell

Yes, the Makita I have a JR3050T but tbh the choice of recip saws here is very limited here. In fact I don't recall seeing any other brand here, although they must sell Bosch as my blades are Bosch.

Not over expensive, they have been circa 6500bt for a long time but yesterday home pro were trying to sell for just under 9k

Always called it an alligator saw but overall an excellent must have tool if you have heavy timbers to cut or even tree trimming.

I see reciprocating saws made by Makita Hitachi DeWALT Milwaukee and AEG in Buriram Thailand. Both corded and battery models. The DeWALT XR Flex volt 54V DCS388 with the 6.0AH battery was the most expensive reciprocating saw I see on display in Buriram. The Hitachi corded reciprocating saw is a fraction of the price in August 2018. I doubt you would see Milwaukee tools at any Global House or HomePro or Thai Watsadu store in Thailand. The OP might consider buying power tools in Thailand from a retailer who had an actual warranty repair service center and spare parts in the store. Most every province in Thailand has family owned shops which cater to the professional tool owners in Thailand. I realize where my current swimming pool builder located in Surin gets his power tools repaired in Buriram. The Hitachi corded reciprocating saw is under 4000 baht in Buriram. 

Buriram Reciprocating saw Thailand delivery.jpg

Edited by kamalabob2
  • Like 2

Hi, 

I have recently bought the Makita XRJ01Z and is a fantastic tool. I have upgraded it from my old Bosch 18v NiCad that has run for 10+ years. This Makita cuts better than my old one ever did and is half the weight. It is so easy to manipulate and tote around. I simply love this fast and light precision saw. This website has helped me a lot by the purchasing desition: https://allaboutsaws.com/best-reciprocating-saw/ here is every model very good esplained and various videos show what is important and what you should consider when buying a reciprocating saw. You will also find a link to Amazon where you can order it conveniently and safely

• Like 1