Boozy Brit tourist ignores 'do not touch' warnings at souvenir stall and ends up in Thai hellhole jail

webfact

8000 quid for that small skull is pure extortion of a tourist..and she even had no proof that he stole it.

The vendor should also get banged up, for extortion and giving thailand a bad name....Was she allowed to sell this crockhead anyway? I thought it needs labels to show that it's okay for selling.

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Yes ,I'm sure a couple of Israeli girls lent a guy of Arab descent £3500!

Complete BS from start to finish. Probably had to pay 3500 baht to get out of jail. 

Yes i'm thinking the same. He's thinking its all a big joke. next time please not go thailand again.

It's kinda hard to take this thread seriously and I am enjoying the excellent humour..

As an hapless Antipodean I had fun travelling around the Old Dart...

People would say..

I'm Scots-have an 80 shillin' beer!

I'm Welsh..How's the rugby?

I'm Irish-care for a Guinness or four?

or..I'm a sago pudding...

Ah,I would say,you are English?

Edited by Odysseus123

This whole story as reported seems a bit unbelievable. Just searched it in the Thai language press on Google. It has unique search terms which should turn up something. Nothing came up.

Edited by katana

7 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

How old is this "News"?

Beer Chang has not been in brown bottles for how long?

tasave8.png

I can't see the "consume before" date, but it can take a long time to ship things, like beer, to an island by sea. Also, methinks Phi Phi staff might not be so very good at stock rotation....

8 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

He was an idiot, and lucky his not still in Jail.

But ripped off Thai Style for 3,500 pound.

A nice little earner.  

Ps.  I wonder if it was real or plastic, that would be just to funny !!!!!!!!. :giggle:

Wonder if the 3500 pounds included a repair set and a air-pump in case the crocodile scull went flat...:shock1:

• Haha 1

Numerous posts and replies bickering about nationality issues have been removed.  Some were missed during the removal process but will be removed if they get replied to from this moment onward.  

Grammar police posts and replies have also been removed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

a high price for a skull,she was looking to get a tourist  to pay alot  for something not worth that i think.he did wrong and i think she hoped  that he would buy  her overpriced skull

My guess is the police had the pay day, not the shop owner.

Just now, bizboi said:

So what youre saying is they have a right to expect nationality from us but we have no right to expect nationality from them?? 

I’m saying he’s British.

He has a british passport.

His name is irrelevant.  

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m saying he’s British.

He has a british passport.

His name is irrelevant.  

So what youre saying is they have a right to expect nationality from us but we have no right to expect nationality from them??  - you didn’t answer the question. Do muslims have aright to expect nationality, the right to buy property, the right to buy houses and compete for jobs without giving that right to british citizens in their countries??

You see Im not commenting on his right to be a British citizen  - im just asking if WE should have the same rights to become foreign citizens in muslim and middle eastern countries if we want to.

Edited by bizboi
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bizboi said:

So what youre saying is they have a right to expect nationality from us but we have no right to expect nationality from them??  - you didn’t answer the question. Do muslims have aright to expect nationality, the right to buy property, the right to buy houses and compete for jobs without giving that right to british citizens in their countries??

He got scammed doesn’t matter his nationality 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bizboi said:

So what youre saying is they have a right to expect nationality from us but we have no right to expect nationality from them?? 

Yes, absolutely.  There is no justice and living in Thailand illustrates that.  A Thai can go to UK and buy Manchester City FC but a Brit in Thailand cannot even buy a small plot of land to build a home on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

He got scammed doesn’t matter his nationality 

Where does it say he got scammed - he was disrespecting the culture of his host country and deserved everything he got imho!!! Shame it wasn’t 4 months!!

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Faith is not a defining feature of nationality. 

This man, mr Bradley, has a British passport, because he qualifies as a british citizen. 

That has nothing at all to do with the point im making - it seems your incapable of seeing past a passport - youre talking about the legality of citizenship - Im talking about the correctness and fairness and the hidden agenda behind the current arrangements for citizenship

Edited by bizboi
  • Sad 2

Just a bit of blarney.

I got a baby alligator skull in Florida for about $15. I wonder if it's about the same in value. 

Always remember it's the small crimes that will bring down the law on you like an avalanche, here and everywhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Yes Im sure from his pics he’s as Anglo Saxon as Alfred the Great!!! and Yes I realise thats possibly bordering on a racist comment - but hey since when has anyone but white people ever worried about that!!! OK im off this thread and i apologise for going slightly off topic - but the posts supporting this idiot annoyed me greatly as do the facts that my own three kids are treated like they dont exist in the country where THEY were born!!

So, you despise him because of the way hes treated by the UK in comparison to the way your kids are treated in Thailand ?

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

If he was born in Ireland, or he has an Irish passport, he is Irish. 

His name is an irrelevance 

So true. But he is still a di#khead. Maybe he’ll learn from it. 

That said his punishment is over and above some that has been dished out to some  locals for more horrific crimes. We are soft targets that are easily milked as dry as a witch’s tit. 

• Like 2