Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

40 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

In America and the UK, women that claim rape are usually believed on word alone and then the accused is named, shamed and details splashed all over the media, even before any court verdict has been reached. The accused are in-fact,  tried and found guilty by the media. This has especially been prevalent regarding celebrities and high profile men that have been easy targets in a sort of witch hunt, found guilty on charges emanating from decades past and sentenced solely on what a court believes with no actual physical evidence involved. There are huge financial compensations up for grabs and those making the accusations have the legal protection of anonymity, so they have nothing to lose. Even women that came in contact with certain celebrities back in the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s, can say they were sexually assaulted or raped by them 40 years plus later and still given credibility on word.

In Thailand, the system different. Over here people claiming to be victims of a crime are required to show evidence or at least make a convincing statement that not only gives the police some leads to work on but also good for the victims to ensure they receive justice without doubts.

Also taking into account, that the Thai police do not have the facilities and resources available to them as do their western counterparts. This means that the Thai police have to rely more on physical investigations than forensics to solve crimes.

The girl claimed she was drugged and raped on Koh Tao and this is where the investigation has to take place with the Koh Tao juristic authorities. There are no ways around this. Now the ball is in her court.

As flawed as the UK system is, and there has been some horrendous miscarriages of justice I would take it as it is over any in S E Asia anytime

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldlakey said:

As flawed as the UK system is, and there has been some horrendous miscarriages of justice I would take it as it is over any in S E Asia anytime

Too bad, the alleged rape took place in Koh Tao, which for the less knowledgable is in Thailand and therefore whether agreeing with the Thai justice system or not, is stuck with it.

If I was mugged and robbed in Thailand, it would not be of use reporting it in any other country because I felt the justice system if fairer there.

For those that have no faith in the Thai police and the Thai justice and legal system, would be better off not visiting S.E. Asia if they feel it`s dangerous and won`t receive a fair justice if becoming a victim of crime. 

If this was my daughter, considering there are no other options, I would be accompanying her to the police and be fighting for justice whatever odds we would be up against. Also where is the girl`s father in all this? So far we have only heard from the mother, no actual witnesses have come forward to support the girl. Why is that?

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Too bad, the alleged rape took place in Koh Tao, which for the less knowledgable is in Thailand and therefore whether agreeing with the Thai justice system or not, is stuck with it.

If I was mugged and robbed in Thailand, it would not be of use reporting it in any other country because I felt the justice system if fairer there.

For those that have no faith in the Thai police and the Thai justice and legal system, would be better off not visiting S.E. Asia if they feel it`s dangerous and won`t receive a fair justice if becoming a victim of crime. 

If this was my daughter, considering there are no other options, I would be accompanying her to the police and be fighting for justice whatever odds we would be up against. Also where is the girl`s father in all this? So far we have only heard from the mother, no actual witnesses have come forward to support the girl. Why is that?

You were the one complaining about western justice systems

I simply offered the opinion that I would stick with those as against the S E Asian variety anytime

The girls father who knows estranged maybe or perhaps he has passed on you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel 

Are you really being serious about any witnesses not coming forward 5555555

15 minutes ago, Anca said:

I’m not 100% sure but a newspaper-reporter told me that my daughter could ask/search for have her rape-case in another Thai-city court, then the province the rape happened to her... I don’t know if it’s possible, but the man who give us this advice know a lot about Thai-Law so I believe he have a reason to let us know about this! ...our embassy didn’t give us any advice so this journalist help us a lot! 

My daughter would never ever come back to AoNang again and fight for her justice... I believe it’s no chance for us to understand the feelings this victims have inside their mind and soul ? so please accept they don’t wanne travel back to same area for fight... try to find a way for this girls to give statement and fight for justice and in same time they can feel safe and protected!

All this crazy comments from you guys about she should bla bla bla doesn’t help! Doesn’t help this girl, doesn’t help the police, doesn’t help Thailand, it doesn’t help anyone or anything... please stop blame and write unnecessary bullshit and try to find a way for help ? 

I feel for the both of you, but you are wasting your time with this one, the one you have quoted "Trust Me On This"

I can only wish you both well for the future

Edited by oldlakey

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

She's in trouble if she is telling lies he said. 

But didn't he already say there's no evidence of it happening. 

So basically telling lies.

Make up your mind...

Yeah, this.. this points to LOW IQ that I often sense when I read about any Thai officials public statements ... They say so many things that requires very little logic to poke holes through. 

Makes me think they are very bad at logic themselves (low iq / low education) OR they are so confident in their position and know that nobody will challenge them so they are just lazy and let their mouth run off without concern for being called out on their bull... Maybe it's a mix of both... Sad.. Thai people deserve better leadership...or do they?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RickTik said:

Big Joke should follow through on this.

People have gotten away with making false charges for way too long.The USA has been plagued with that.

This woman just getting "banned" is getting off easy.

Is there a history of false rape charges I Thailand that you are so concerned about?

What would be her motive for lying about that? 

You know what people have also gotten away with for faaaaaaar too long in Thailand? RAPE. Most rapes go unreported. Thai cops refuse to take rape reports seriously. 

Well, Thai police refuse to take any crime reports seriously as they are too busy collecting tea money.. but u get the point... 

I don't see this huge amount of false rape victims.. where is the bunch of innocent men who's lives are ruined??

But we know that many women's lives got ruined forever by sick rapists.

• Like 1

Just now, hobz said:

So she is in it for the insurance money right? Then why make up stuff about rape? Sorry it makes no sense.

I`ve already mention this several times. Read all my posts now spread over various threads involving this case. And also what I`ve said numerous times, don`t expect the girl to be making any statements at anytime soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I feel for the both of you, but you are wasting your time with this one, the one you have quoted "Trust Me On This"

I can only wish you both well for the future

Thanks for your good wishes ❤️ I don’t understand what you mean about waisting my time in “trust me on this”? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He's a fully-fledged RTP officer, for god's sake.  Perhaps you don't know what the Tourist Police Division of the RTP is?

Similar to boy scouts right? If you're really industrious you can get 50 badges in one summer. And you don't even have to use your firearm.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Now it's up to the UK (and other western nation media) to do their job and seriously and weekly start warning their readers to plainly avoid these death traps.

Big Joke is just doing his "job" so no point on picking on him....blame the western governance and media for closing their eyes and not publicly giving the facts,  knowing fully well that thousands of their people risk their lives,  every holiday in Thailand. Case closed.

Edited by observer90210

The guy is a real clown now showing what totalitarian powers he hopes to inflict on society.

In fact, it's makes no matter if she is lying or not, the only thing this fool is concerned about is the appearance of a perfect society. Evidence is that whenever the truth of serious crime is published, Thailand threatens to punish the journalist or person who posts on social media the details, more severely than they punish the perpetrator of the crimes - and that's even if the police decide to find the criminals who  do such crimes.

On the other hand, what is it about Thailand that attracts so many British people? In the news they always seem to be on the losing end an unfortunate event in Thailand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Now it's up to the UK (and other western nation media) to do their job and seriously and weekly start warning their readers to plainly avoid these death traps.

<snip>

From the UK Embassy Thailand website:

Foreign travel advice -- Thailand

Safety and security -- Crime

Violent sexual assaults and unprovoked attacks have been reported in popular tourist destinations, including in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.

Drink spiking has been reported in tourist destinations around Thailand, with both male and female victims. Be careful about taking drinks from strangers and at clubs and parties, or leaving your drinks unattended, particularly in Koh Samui, Pattaya and at the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, where date rapes have been reported.

Alcohol and drugs can lead to you being less alert, less in control and less aware of your environment resulting in accidents, injuries, robbery, assaults and lost travel documents. If you drink, know your limit. Drinks served in bars overseas are often stronger than those in the UK. Some British nationals in Thailand have suffered severe psychiatric problems because of drug use, resulting in some suicides.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

• Like 2

Such bad publicity for Thailand who it appears openly threatens or criticises alleged rape victims....

What effect will this have on other, future foreign victims?

Most likely they will avoid any contact with the local authorities and wait till they get home.

Edited by kwilco

6 hours ago, Anca said:

Thanks for your good wishes ❤️ I don’t understand what you mean about waisting my time in “trust me on this”? 

Not too worry, I was referring to the opinion of the Poster who you quoted

He is more concerned with defending Koh Tao than anything else

Surachate added: "Thirty five million tourists come to Thailand each year making it the third most visited place on earth. We want to separate the quality tourists from those that are no good".

35 million, the number seems correct according to UNWTO Tourism Highlights. But it makes Thailand not the third most visited place on earth. Number 1 is France with 86.9 tourist arrivals  in 2017, number 2 Spain with  81.8 million, number 3 USA with 75.9 million. Thailand is number 10. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So, if a girl is raped by a local, reports it to the police who cannot find sufficient evidence, she is a liar and will be prosecuted. I wonder what the attitude be if this happened to a Thai lass whilst abroad, if you could find a country with such a laughable police force as here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Something out of Saudia Arabia.. next they will stone rape victims to death for adultery

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Bit like the girl perhaps, then?

Seems like you have chosen a side.
However, it will NEVER be known if there is no investigation.
Accusations were made,
apparently someone's dna is on a t-shirt.
If the accusations are without merit, then why doesn't that someone step forward, 
tell how it was all puppy love without alcohol or other drugs or violence or whatever, and how it happened in his version ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lungstib said:

They invite her or they blacklist her? The right hand and the left hand seem to be operated by two different sides of an incompetent brain. Any 'goodwill' is clearly long gone. She will of course never return in case she is jailed for computer crimes or a breach of national security. 

Is it my imagination or  has Big Joke suddenly changed his Angel image since he become pals with t well known expensive watch owner. Or has his glory all been rubbish. What evidence can anyone excpect to find on a tidal beach may be the defendants  panties , an impression in the sand or Dna. Should he BSer or a joke

• Like 1