Trump hits CNN and NBC, urges 'look at their license'- tweet

webfact

39 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Laws had to be introduced because there were people with bad manners. Soon there will be laws regarding people disrespecting their mothers. In my opinion, of course.

Just wanted to add, in Australia laws have been introduced to stop people insulting each other such as. Racial and cultural slurs. There are certain things that you say or do to anyone will lead you to fines and prison. The laws I believe will get stricter. The law and it's exact definitions have been hot topic.

So horrifying a family by showing you've cut of the mothers head will lead to criminal charge.

So much stress in the world for all sorts of reasons, money, mental, overworking, loneliness, of course things will hit the fan, but good job for the Australian government to ensure people are respected without the need to earn it.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The issue to be addressed is how and why have we got to the point where we need laws to tell us to treat others with common decency and common respect?

Strange, yes, I guess the authorities want forced silence rather then people stabbing each other in the street. Or not even that, just the bad uncomfortable feeling that someone endures during being tormented should not happen. It achieves very little positive

Be kind to one another. Hug a fellow person today.

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Read my words, I did say that all media outlets have bias, even the BBC.

That's nice, but there is no equivalency between the BBC, CNN, NBC etc and RT or AJ. Different level of magnitude. Different ballgames, even.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

So, in your opinion, Trump doesn't have to respect the office he holds, but the people do. Because...?

In my opinion Trump has to respect the office of presidency, the country , it's flag, it's national anthem, it's constitution, the Democratic system and all citizens of the world including his mother.

Not perfect but the people spoke. Let's see if the opposition get the votes next time. And if they do, I'll support the same. Respect the highest office of the land.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stud858 said:

In my opinion Trump has to respect the office of presidency, the country , it's flag, it's national anthem, it's constitution, the Democratic system and all citizens of the world including his mother.

Not perfect but the people spoke. Let's see if the opposition get the votes next time. And if they do, I'll support the same. Respect the highest office of the land.

The fact stands that Trump does not respect the office he holds. He did not exhibit such respect prior to his election either. The onus of your posts is that the people need to accept this, and moreover are beholden to the same standards the president disregards. As said earlier, "lead by example" doesn't seem to register with some.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stud858 said:

Respect is earned doesn't apply to all situations. Eg. Mother's,  Kings and queens, judges, and presidency should get respect always regardless. In my opinion of course.

Actually the office or position should be respected automatically. The person occupying that position has to earn the respect.

When I was in the RAF for 25 years I had many officers above me but I only respected about 15% of them. The others were interchangeable and merely filled the post without bringing anything to it. A lot were merely chair warmers.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

Laws had to be introduced because there were people with bad manners. Soon there will be laws regarding people disrespecting their mothers. In my opinion, of course.

I was pointing out that most of the people you claim deserved respect merely because of their title are only accorded "respect" due to legal penalties for not doing so.

Politician/pedophile/former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore of Alabama would have had my reluctant appearance of respect had I appeared before him in court, but there would have been nothing real about it.

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I was pointing out that most of the people you claim deserved respect merely because of their title are only accorded "respect" due to legal penalties for not doing so.

Politician/pedophile/former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore of Alabama would have had my reluctant appearance of respect had I appeared before him in court, but there would have been nothing real about it.

Good point. You can hate someone but still respect the title they hold. 

I'm not saying he's the most respected guy in town.