Thai police force takes blundering step backwards

webfact

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

This is pathetic, the Thai male ego is to blame.

The idiots think we are better than women, only we know whats best.

Just look back a few months when that clown Big Joke first appeared in the media, he had a beautiful female sidekick.

Now most of the cameras were focusing on her, not the Joke, suddenly she has gone why?

Because the Jokes ego was hurt, i am the man, i should get all the attention, not some woman, sad and pathetic situation.

Yes Colin, his stupid  Maj/Gen rank seems to have gone to his head.:cheesy:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Actually crime rates have been going down for decades in a row already in the Netherlands, up to a point that prisons need to be closed down as there are not enough criminals to justifiy the costs.

So appearently the big butted ladies do their jobs very well.

I never noticed any big butted police women doing their dance on the video. They all looked nice and slim. Now contrast that with the police men photographed in the police station alongside the  naughty people and most of them are pot ugly. The police I mean.

Edited by possum1931

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

They should have more women investigators. Here in Thailand, they tend to be smarter, work harder, and be more clever than most men. As far as I am concerned, women are the glue that holds this nation together. They should be rewarded for their contributions to Thai society, which are vast and important to the nation. They suffer silently, as the society for some completely unknown reason, regards men as being superior. How false this notion is!

This is typical of a traditional minded organization, without vision or any real smarts. Also, something a small man would do, or decide to do. Can anyone guess where this directive came from?

As an ex school teacher with 5,6,9 and 10th grades, I can say that the girls were three times more likely to pass exams and tests than the boys. That must tell you something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Actually crime rates have been going down for decades in a row already in the Netherlands, up to a point that prisons need to be closed down as there are not enough criminals to justifiy the costs.

Your right that crime rates have gone down.. but Thian is also a bit right because people report less as the police does not do much many times.

Not that that is so strange I had a friend who was a police officer and he explained to me they can only do so much with a burglary when there is no proof.  Not all crimes are easy to solve or worth hours and hours of police work. 

57 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I never noticed any big butted police women doing their dance on the video. They all looked nice and slim. Now contrast that with the police men photographed in the police station alongside the  naughty people and most of them are pot ugly. The police I mean.

Bob replied to a post of Thian where they were talking about Dutch police woman.. not Thai.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Your right that crime rates have gone down.. but Thian is also a bit right because people report less as the police does not do much many times.

Not that that is so strange I had a friend who was a police officer and he explained to me they can only do so much with a burglary when there is no proof.  Not all crimes are easy to solve or worth hours and hours of police work. 

There will never be any proof unless some is 'detected' by Officers who actually are interested in their job.  Three years ago we had a neighbour in a nearby Soi burgled and she rang the Police to report it.    They listened to her story and then asked her how much she would pay them to 'investigate' the burglary !     They never did bother turning up when she refused to pay...surprise, surprise.

I am heartened by the news that "other government agencies forge forward to the 21st century" does anyone know what century they are currently at then we will have an idea where the police are in the grand scheme of things.

I understand that the army are to dispense with modern weaponry and will soon have archers, lancers and swordsman using horses and elephants. The traditional costumes will be worn in what one high ranking official called "Thainess".

4 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I am heartened by the news that "other government agencies forge forward to the 21st century" does anyone know what century they are currently at then we will have an idea where the police are in the grand scheme of things.

I understand that the army are to dispense with modern weaponry and will soon have archers, lancers and swordsman using horses and elephants. The traditional costumes will be worn in what one high ranking official called "Thainess".

Spot on.I could not have said it better..

After all ancient Athens had it's Scythian archers.

-and a mighty useless bunch they turned out to be....

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'm not sure it ever evloved out of the paleolithic era!!

Having studied and had an interest in pre history for many years, particularly the Neolithic period, I was taught that Neolithic man was consigned to the annals of history.

What joy to find Neolithic man alive and well and living in S.E. Asia on my first visit here. Now living here, I am daily learning new facts about this ancient species.

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Women have been a detriment to law enforcement in the US.

I do not know all about here but the article explains some of it.

Quiting for family, maternity leave,  bad attitudes always trying to prove they are better then men, 

the BS sexual harassment claims, the fake injuries or reports of harassment so they can get

a bogus disability retirement.

As far as the sexual assault victims, hire female advocates or trained interviewers to conduct the interviews they do not have to be police officers.

There are some agencies just in Southern California where the female and males officers do not even talk unless it is necessary.  Mostly based on the typical BS "he looked at me wrong" claims guys get tired of dealing with it.

Maybe the officials here see this heading in the wrong direction and want to stop it before it gets out of control like other countries.

You sound like a Saudi man. I am talking about investigators, not beat cops. And whatever applies there, does not apply here. Completely different situation entirely. Here, there are barely any benefits to take advantage of! And the sexual harassment thing would not be the same here. In California it is now illegal to tell a woman she looks good. Here? You really think a Thai woman would be offended by that?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

You sound like a Saudi man. I am talking about investigators, not beat cops. And whatever applies there, does not apply here. Completely different situation entirely. Here, there are barely any benefits to take advantage of! And the sexual harassment thing would not be the same here. In California it is now illegal to tell a woman she looks good. Here? You really think a Thai woman would be offended by that?

Not just Thailand. I can remember walking through the streets in Palermo, Sicily where the cops weren't paid on a regular basis and it wasn't uncommon to see policemen with patches in their uniforms.

I saw a police woman walking ahead of me, hips swinging like a ladyboy on heat. She had along mane of perfectly coiffured, long, blond hair with a little pill box police hat, jauntily perched on top of it and a face and body to die for.

She had clearly altered her police skirt as it fitted her backside like a second skin. To complete the look, she was wearing a pair of RED STILLETTOS!  

As I stood there, staring at her, I remember thinking to myself, "Only in Sicily, potless but pure class".

Bring on those little Thai policewomen.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not just Thailand. I can remember walking through the streets in Palermo, Sicily where the cops weren't paid on a regular basis and it wasn't uncommon to see policemen with patches in their uniforms.

I saw a police woman walking ahead of me, hips swinging like a ladyboy on heat. She had along mane of perfectly coiffured, long, blond hair with a little pill box police hat, jauntily perched on top of it and a face and body to die for.

She had clearly altered her police skirt as it fitted her backside like a second skin. To complete the look, she was wearing a pair of RED STILLETTOS!  

As I stood there, staring at her, I remember thinking to myself, "Only in Sicily, potless but pure class".

Bring on those little Thai policewomen.

Spidey, keep calm man, not good for you to get too excited.

Are we to take it you are into small women in tight uniforms??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I am not Saudi and am surprised by your comments.  You have many posts that I have "liked" about weak males in this country and through out the world.  Comments on how women are controlling men and men are weak.  Now you have changed your thinking and fighting for some female cause in a male dominated profession?

No, it currently is not the same here but you do not know what has been happening internally.  I bet they all just did not make this decision "just because."  

Hire females for certain circumstances no problem.  In the US they are identified as "civilian investigators". Not sworn academy graduate cops.  Yes indeed, they have a purpose and can be an asset. But, leave it at that....

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Spidey, keep calm man, not good for you to get too excited.

Are we to take it you are into small women in tight uniforms??

The girl in Palermo just wasn't my type, tall, statuesque and blonde. My poison is small, dark and perfectly formed!

It was the red stillettos that really did it for me.

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

Often when speaking with young women in this country, they are afraid to be too old, over 30. They all know that discrimination is rampant here and if you are not white skinned, beautiful and under 30, then it's a tough go to get hired by a Thai male or company. It's a disgusting situation made worse by this narrow minded rtp.

But I am not surprise by this coming from them! Don't think can go much lower but they will.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Unlike Henry V's lads who were well handy with a bow. Ask any Frenchman.

How many times have I heard a Frenchman say, "Nous n'avant oubliee pas".

To which I always reply by holding my 2 bow fingers aloft in their direction.

That's true....

Driven out of France..because ,after all,you have to thwack 'em in the end....they cried for :Brexit" but without mercy...?

Poor old Henry V..all those Shakespearean speeches But it wasJohn,Duke of Bedford who had to say "This is a croke of <deleted>" in the end,

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They should have more women investigators. Here in Thailand, they tend to be smarter, work harder, and be more clever than most men. As far as I am concerned, women are the glue that holds this nation together. They should be rewarded for their contributions to Thai society, which are vast and important to the nation. They suffer silently, as the society for some completely unknown reason, regards men as being superior. How false this notion is!

This is typical of a traditional minded organization, without vision or any real smarts. Also, something a small man would do, or decide to do. Can anyone guess where this directive came from?

This is so true.  

16 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

You're talking out of your own butt mate.

Holland just reveiled the murder numbers this week and they are going up very fast.....

And for burglary and so they have to report them online or make an appointment for next week at the policestation...so nobody reports crimes anymore....

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, I am not Saudi and am surprised by your comments.  You have many posts that I have "liked" about weak males in this country and through out the world.  Comments on how women are controlling men and men are weak.  Now you have changed your thinking and fighting for some female cause in a male dominated profession?

No, it currently is not the same here but you do not know what has been happening internally.  I bet they all just did not make this decision "just because."  

Hire females for certain circumstances no problem.  In the US they are identified as "civilian investigators". Not sworn academy graduate cops.  Yes indeed, they have a purpose and can be an asset. But, leave it at that....

Sorry to offend. I am against uber feminism for sure. But I do love women. And I admire alot of women. I think for certain positions, they would be a great asset to the RTP, who have zero credibility in any circles. As investigators, they might bring alot to the table. Why is it that I have such low confidence in alot of the current RTP "police investigators"? It almost sounds oxymoronic, does it not?

What you have to remember is, though Thailand has made extraordinary progress in transforming itself, they came late to the game. They're still lagging. One of the attractions of Thailand for me is that it reminds me of my 1950/60s childhood.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:32 AM, Thian said:

You're talking out of your own butt mate.

Holland just reveiled the murder numbers this week and they are going up very fast.....

And for burglary and so they have to report them online or make an appointment for next week at the policestation...so nobody reports crimes anymore....

According to the CBS the murder numbers are about equal to 2010 and 2012, and the years before that the murder rates were higher.

Source: https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/nieuws/2018/36/in-2017-meer-slachtoffers-van-moord-en-doodslag

But it seems a bit like cherry picking what you are doing, why only look at the murder rates?

And even if crime was going up, how do you link it to women in the police force?

Women are already in the Dutch police force since 1911 (Dina Sanson, Rotterdam).

So you are willing to state that crime rates have worsened since 1911, and that it is due to the gender of the police officers?

Please build that case a bit for me, cause I have trouble seeing the links and finding the supporting statistics.

Seems you are talking out of your butt, probably because some female police officer gave you a ticket for peeing in public at some point in your life and you you try to get even.