Enter an mac address in router

Aforek

Hello,

I want to block an mac address in my router ( Edimax )  ; I put here an image of the window where to do it

I suppose I have to do it on the first line  ( pc client adresse mac ) but problem is, when I write the mac address, it stops after 8 figures and the mac address has 12 figures  ; and " nom de l'utilisateur ( name of user ) " , what to write ? I suppose I have to leave " refuser " 

how to do it ? 

here is the image  thanks 

18090906243524320515885049.png

5 hours ago, Aforek said:

ok, thanks, this time it works !

So now your poor GF can't use her wifi phone anymore and has to give you the attention you deserve ?

Just joking.. its a good way to block people from using your internet without having to change passwords, though that device can spoof a mac address and then it has access again. 

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

So now your poor GF can't use her wifi phone anymore and has to give you the attention you deserve ?

Just joking.. its a good way to block people from using your internet without having to change passwords, though that device can ‎spoof ‎‎ ‎ a mac address and then it has access again. 

? it was not for my GF but somebody else ; what do you mean by " spoof  a mac address " ? anyway, I know every time who is trying to "join "my wifi 

2 minutes ago, Aforek said:

? it was not for my GF but somebody else ; what do you mean by " spoof  a mac address " ? anyway, I know every time who is trying to "join "my wifi 

Spoof means copy a mac adress maybe one that has access... or just change mac address (it can be done). Just curious why you just don't change the password ?

Most people set it up the other way around: block all MAC addresses, and then enter the exceptions.  The exceptions being your own devices. 

With the way you're doing it, anyone who can pick up your wifi signal has access, except the specific address(es) that you block.

Also, it is possible with most routers to set a password for access; this may be a belt and suspenders approach, but once you get it all in place there is no further fuss.

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

With the way you're doing it, anyone who can pick up your wifi signal has access, except the specific address(es) that you block.

I have the "Who is on my wifi " program, so I know who is on line, and I know the mac address of people that I accept

so if there is somebody that I don't accept, I know it 

but is it possible that somebody is on my wi fi , which doesn't appear in " who is on my wifi " list ? is this program reliable ? 

you think it's better that I put in my router only people that I accept ? like that, people that I don't want are not in the router ?