Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

A lot of ' Isn't Thailand perfect and wonderful ' people on here defending a place with one of the worst reputations in Thailand and a police force with one of the worst reputations in the world.

How many tourists visit that island and are perfectly happy? I am sure it's the vast majority.

If some people think the place has a reputation which they don't like then they should stay away from that place. It's like visiting Pattaya Walking Street with a family and then complaining about all those bars.

The police might have a bad reputation but that does not mean they are always wrong. Personally I live in Bangkok and the police stopped me often enough with my bike for not driving on the correct lane. And to be fair they were always right, I didn't drive in the correct lane. And at least 90% of the time when they stopped me they asked for cash instead of writing an official ticket. Which proves they can be corrupt and correct at the same time...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I wouldn't allow any woman in my care to go anywhere alone, especially not in the early hours of the morning.

By the way, what did she claim to be doing on that beach, alone in the early hours of the morning?

Allegedly!

Firstly she wasn't alone. She was with her boyfriend who was also drugged and robbed. Fortunately he wasn't ass raped like she allegedly was.

1 hour ago, gestreo said:

Well all disbelievers .know this it is very hard for a young girl to say she as been rape, this will follow her through life,

The 18 year old Brit who falsely accused the black French policeman didn't seem to have a problem, it didn't even interrupt her tour of Asia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Are you suggesting that because that woman made an allegation that was unfounded, that all subsequent allegations are also unfounded ?

OK, you've convinced me, the UK police should investigate.

So first step would be for them to interview the 4 male friends she was with, then DNA test them.

UK police usually investigate the last bloke she was with of drugging and raping her, no need to involve Thailand at all.

Most rape is nearly always someone they know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

If God forbid one of my daughters were to become a victim of rape, (it would probably do me in btw), even on Koh Tao, I would be straight in there with her to the police making a report and demanding justice. And if only obtaining negative results I`d be screaming out and seeking as much publicity as possible to obtain justice. Believe me, my daughter and I would not be hiding behind the scenes. Remember, the truth always prevails and liars will always be exposed.

You are just taking this around in circles and trying to place me on the defence. The girl`s story is full of holes and doesn`t make sense. Nothing more to add. Others can draw their own conclusions.

Of course you would. You'd have your daughter on the front page of every newspaper in the world.

Have you any idea how your daughter might feel if she had been drugged and raped? Do you really think she would want to be sat in front of journalists answering their every question, some of which would be designed to provoke and humiliate her? Do you think, ever?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

You are wrong.  She would risk considerable jail time because the Thai police have already decided that she lied, without knowing her story.

maybe i am. won't be the first time but i also am sure the thai police will use her not coming back as an excuse to write it off

18 hours ago, Happy enough said:

follow up the complaint? jesus. these people aren't animals but you can't just blab shit about shit. come and file the complaint and get the process underway

am i wrong?

Yes, you are wrong .

She fled KT because she thought that her life could be in danger , and thats a legitimate reason .

There have been numerous unexplained deaths , "suicides", disappearances on KT , if she goes back to KT , she may decide to try to break the deep sea diving World record and never be seen again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I think it's entirely possible that they are not reading Thai newspaper reports. I would say there is a good likelihood that she would be unaware of the vague mention of a potential interview in a foreign newspaper unless such offer has been formally conveyed to her - and I don't see any evidence that it has. We can even see that several posters to this thread were unaware of it despite living in Thailand and taking part in a discussion about the case.

"We can even see that several posters to this thread were unaware of it"

Yes, well, several posters are not the sharpest tools in the shed, as they have demonstrated.

There was a specific offer re the interview and it was published in at least two papers including the biggest English language paper in Thailand, it was not just "a vague mention in a foreign newspaper".

If they're not following what is being reported in Thailand I'd be very surprised.  Why wouldn't they and the authorities be following it and reporting to her?

"...unless such offer has been formally conveyed to her - and I don't see any evidence that it has".

Have you seen any evidence that it hasn't?  If so, what?

• Sad 2

Interesting interviews with the alleged rape victim's friend 'Martin'. He said that he told a police officer in Kho Pangan that there was a rape. The police officer told Martin that he couldn't talk about it because it happened in Kho Tao. He did say he could give them a police report for the stolen items. So much for jurisdiction, huh? Seems like robbery can be reported but rape can't. 

I guess Martin is lying also. He could just say nothing and disappear, but I guess he enjoys getting himself into situations where he backs himself into a corner. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Oh come on man are you serious? You know this is Thailand and how things work. You know they will protect the tourism money by all means necessary. I'm still trying to figure out if you are being for real or not. Your post irritates me a little bit if you are being real.

• Like 1