CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:28 PM, stuartd1 said:

Just carried out a 90 day report for self and wife at airport immigration office.

Spent a while photocopying passport pages as per guideline and update to my "retirement" bank account, (last extension after last 90 day report).

Arrive at office and go to enquiry desk for queue number. Wait 10 minutes and get called. Was told no need for photocopies any more or for bank book.

90 day report completed with no hassle and load of copy paper hits the bin!

Anyone know if this is an official change of procedure?

In 12 years I have never been asked for a bank statement for a 90 day report .

I think you are getting mixed up with the "extension process."Most people now do 90 day reporting online or my mail.

In person you only now need passport ,last 90 day receipt and completed TM 47 form 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

In 12 years I have never been asked for a bank statement for a 90 day report.  

Most people now do 90 day reporting online or my mail.

I did mine online this morning and got an acknowledgement of approval, but not the stub for stapling into the passport which I remember getting last time. I think it's a violation not to have that stub in your passport. Well, maybe that will follow; otherwise, I'll have to do it over by mail.

I did mine online this morning and got an acknowledgement of approval, but not the stub for stapling into the passport which I remember getting last time. I think it's a violation not to have that stub in your passport. Well, maybe that will follow; otherwise, I'll have to do it over by mail.

Make sure pop up blocker is disabled. There is a print option for that stub.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hml367 said:

Next-Appt.jpg

Shoot! Didn't notice that button. Since closed that page and was waiting for confirmation by email which I got, but by now this page has been closed and I don't know how to print a stub. The email message reads "Notification 90 days is Approved. By Visit Status of check Can you www.immigration.go.th" but I see no way to print out a stub from that page. Any ideas on how to print the stub after closing the above page? I did print a copy of the page so I have the TRN and Barcode so there's proof of the transaction.  Go ahead and call me stupid. 

11 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Shoot! Didn't notice that button. Since closed that page and was waiting for confirmation by email which I got, but by now this page has been closed and I don't know how to print a stub. The email message reads "Notification 90 days is Approved. By Visit Status of check Can you www.immigration.go.th" but I see no way to print out a stub from that page. Any ideas on how to print the stub after closing the above page? I did print a copy of the page so I have the TRN and Barcode so there's proof of the transaction.  Go ahead and call me stupid. 

steps.zip

5 hours ago, hml367 said:

Dang! Thanks a ton, brother. I usually go directly to https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do, but I did not think of the "Check Status Button" as a way of going back to find the stub for the application already done. Guess I've got too much on my mind these days. Might help if they added "print receipt" or something. Anyway, yeah, it's NOT hard to do. THANKS AGAIN! 

16 hours ago, cusanus said:

Dang! Thanks a ton, brother. I usually go directly to https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do, but I did not think of the "Check Status Button" as a way of going back to find the stub for the application already done. Guess I've got too much on my mind these days. Might help if they added "print receipt" or something. Anyway, yeah, it's NOT hard to do. THANKS AGAIN! 

I believe there is a print next notification button.

Kor Ror 2 for marriage extension.

My renewal for my marriage extension is fast approaching. One year ago the officer who processed my paperwork at the Promenada informed my wife the it was unnecessary to gain a new Kor Ror 2 document from our local Amphur every year.  I currently still have the original from last year.

So my questions are this. Do CM immigration require a new Kor Ror 2 to be issued for every new application? Or has anyone recently applied successfully using an older one?   

Acquiring a new one isn't much of a problem, I'm just curious as to what people's recent experiences are.

It might not be relevant, but I have been using the same Kaw Raw 22 (Registration of a marriage contracted abroad) for the past 3 years, without quibble from Immigration officials in Chiangmai.

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Kor Ror 2 for marriage extension.

My renewal for my marriage extension is fast approaching. One year ago the officer who processed my paperwork at the Promenada informed my wife the it was unnecessary to gain a new Kor Ror 2 document from our local Amphur every year.  I currently still have the original from last year.

So my questions are this. Do CM immigration require a new Kor Ror 2 to be issued for every new application? Or has anyone recently applied successfully using an older one?   

Acquiring a new one isn't much of a problem, I'm just curious as to what people's recent experiences are.

I think they need a new one each year.  I came back from getting ours from the Amphur just now - only needed my wife's ID and a whole 20 baht.  If only everything was as quick and simple...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

General Update as of 22 July 2019

I confirm that Monday morning must indeed remain the absolute worst time to visit Chiang Mai Immigration.

The line was out the door at 9:00 and it was SRO Judging from the queue numbers being processed, progress on all procedures was very slow. Processing of extensions had not even begun (given the lack of appropriate codes on the call board) Otherwise, the board revealed very low queue numbers. Example: Re-Entry was processing the 4th queue number. That simple five to ten-minute process takes two officers, by the way! And one of them parked there always seems supremely unhappy with his job. I don’t blame him!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

To continue....after a break for processing...

There were 20 - 25 people processing a TM30 (return from abroad) UP SEVERAL FIGHTS OF STAIRS ON THE THIRD FLOOR with no signs (Thai or English) to tell you where to go.  But, then, a queue number is needed.  If someone can't make that climb, I do feel assured that they will be processed on the ground floor.  Immigration officers, to my knowledge and in personal experience with the elderly and disabled, have always been helpful if asked --- and often they notice the problem first.  So, a point for Immigration.  Processing  TM 30 early Monday morning took (two officers working) some 20 minutes so not onerous, really, considering the number waiting.

IMPORTANT FOR RETURNEES THROUGH CNX:  TM30s can be processed 08:30 - 16:30 on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.  That doesn't cover every flight arrival, but is obviously very helpful. Signs in English to this effect are only apparent on the 3d Floor, but then you need a queue number, anyway, and they point the way to the stairwell through the interior door to the right side of the counter.

AN APOLOGY (of sorts) FAVORING IMMIGRATION ON A BUSY MONDAY MORNING:  Last week was an unusual week for holidays so much business backed up on this particular Monday.  By observation the visa agents were also trying to catch up.  I a few with stacks of forms.  Expats could at least keep Thai holidays in mind.  Easy to find them on on-line.  Most remember their own home country holidays and the resultant official office closures --- but we live here now!

Edited by Mapguy

To comment briefly on Bill97's post above, I ask if it is helpful, especially to newcomers struggling with out-of-date information. Yes, the basics remain the same.  True, there have been few substantive changes in Immigration law or basic requirements for donkey's years (well, since the 1990s), but updates on local procedures and requirements do become useful.  What has changed is enforcement of the "rules," and such can be at the discretion of the local offices and individual officers (under direction).  THAT can be confusing, and helpful updates  can obviously be useful even if relatively minor.  Many --- not counting those who can't be "bothered" with doing their own legwork --- unnecessarily resort in despair to agents. That is unfortunately expensive for some.

Edited by Mapguy

49 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

What about Monday after lunch?  I might give a try then for my 90 day report.  My lunch first, then a nap before heading out.  Generally moat traffic is not too bad 1-3pm.

When i went to do my 90 day report quite a while ago a friend went last Friday

Walk to information desk get number, Then number called

When i did my Visa Extension the other week  The Officer did not start till 8 45

Maybe they are going back to there old ways

Only time will tell

Mondays is always a bad day to go IMHO

I did go.  Arrived at 3:10 pm with all copies in hand, filled the form, got the queue # and sat for 4 minutes.  At desk #1, 90 day report, the clerk told me 'no need for any copies' so i took them back.  She mucked about on the computer, checked my address? , printed out the ticket and stapled that into my passport.

Left the building at 3:20 pm and happy to leave.

And generally the place was quite empty. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

I did go.  Arrived at 3:10 pm with all copies in hand, filled the form, got the queue # and sat for 4 minutes.  At desk #1, 90 day report, the clerk told me 'no need for any copies' so i took them back.  She mucked about on the computer, checked my address? , printed out the ticket and stapled that into my passport.

Left the building at 3:20 pm and happy to leave.

And generally the place was quite empty. 

Have you given any thought on why "the place was quite empty??"

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

Filed online 90 day report today (day 76) at 0720, no approval as of 2130.

If you file early Immigration tends to ignore until closer to the deadline although I am sure there are exceptions. I file around day 82-84 and always get approval returned same day.

10 hours ago, Mahseer said:

If you file early Immigration tends to ignore until closer to the deadline although I am sure there are exceptions. I file around day 82-84 and always get approval returned same day.

The instructions for online are 7-15 days prior. READ THEM. Five times I or close friends have tried the online method 5-7 days prior were all fails in that the second page of the application would not come up. All attempts at least 8 days early succeeded and received confirmation by early evening. I suspect filing on a holiday may fail as well. If the application went through then it will most likely be approved.  That's been my experience, anyway, but do click on the button for checking STATUS and see what you can see using the reference number given.

Marriage extension today. 8am arrival, ticket # 6. It was nearly 12pm before we got to see the officer which if I'm being honest seemed a little slow to me.

Also, a first for us, on reading the Kor Ror 2 the officer noted that my wife had been married before and informed us that copies of her divorce certificate are now required. We are not new to this, it is our tenth renewal. So another new requirement if you're spouse has been married before. Needless to say we didn't have it...Ho hum.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

Marriage extension today. 8am arrival, ticket # 6. It was nearly 12pm before we got to see the officer which if I'm being honest seemed a little slow to me.

Also, a first for us, on reading the Kor Ror 2 the officer noted that my wife had been married before and informed us that copies of her divorce certificate are now required. We are not new to this, it is our tenth renewal. So another new requirement if you're spouse has been married before. Needless to say we didn't have it...Ho hum.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Did he suggest the local agent might be a quicker option!