Ex-Trump aide Manafort tentatively agrees to plea deal: ABC News

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The investigation is not going to stop with Trump.

Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, Devin Nunes, Jill Stein, the leaders of the NRA, Sean Hannity, Julian Assange, Nigel Farage and whole lot of others have a lot of questions to answer.  

I know you don't like Farage (I don't particularly, although I admit his blokish image is quite amusing), and conversely I don't like Assange, but I suspect that the only fallout for both of them will be for their residual political reputations to take a kicking. They are both "busted flushes", and small beer compared to impeaching the US President!

The NRA, whatever your view on it's "gun nutters", is just too well entrenched in the US establishment, and has too many members, they will ride it out.

33 minutes ago, JAG said:

I know you don't like Farage (I don't particularly, although I admit his blokish image is quite amusing), and conversely I don't like Assange, but I suspect that the only fallout for both of them will be for their residual political reputations to take a kicking. They are both "busted flushes", and small beer compared to impeaching the US President!

The NRA, whatever your view on it's "gun nutters", is just too well entrenched in the US establishment, and has too many members, they will ride it out.

Surely on all three counts the issue is the extent of criminality uncovered.

51 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Surely on all three counts the issue is the extent of criminality uncovered.

In a perfect world perhaps yes.

This process however is both pragmatic, and inevitably, if not overtly political, certainly in a political context.

Pragmatism, already embedded in the process by even the consideration of plea bargaining, dictates that you concentrate on the main target. Secondly, Assange and Farage would involve extradition. We all know where that goes with Assange, and given that their cases would be spin offs from an investigation which may bring down a President, well then the defence that it is political would be quite effective. 

Politics is said to be the art of the possible. Impeaching and ending Mr Trump's presidency, no matter how strong the case, would inevitably be a political decision. Going after the NRA would be, politically, a step too far. The best that can be hoped for is that their implication in the demise of Trump leads them to go "hull down' for the foreseeable future.

The art of the possible. Pragmatism.

48 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Manafort the next candidate for the Federal Witness Protection Program?

The Russian oligarch who "loaned" Manafort $20 million isn't going to be happy about Manafort becoming a "rat" (as Trump calls "flippers").

Manafort will go in hiding under one of the following aliases: John Barron, John Miller or David Dennison.

Oh wait...those have already been taken.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Manafort the next candidate for the Federal Witness Protection Program?

The Russian oligarch who "loaned" Manafort $20 million isn't going to be happy about Manafort becoming a "rat" (as Trump calls "flippers").

Look out for two Russian tourists travelling to a town near him... 

8 hours ago, JAG said:

Why not to create new association for gun nutters to move their support to. Once there is a rival group, the NRA will be left without protection, assuming they have also been in connection with the enemy.

14 hours ago, dcutman said:

According to many senior democrat officials there is and has been strong evidence since the get go. So Is Mueller just soaking the taxpayers of millions of dollars to keep himself and his team employed?

The only evidence I have seen for the last six months of us citizen's and officials from many govt agencies colluding with foreign agents  has been on behalf of the Clinton campaign. How do we reconcile this?

Change your glasses !

15 hours ago, dcutman said:

I guess you would not know about anything thing else but Trump hate, only getting your information from never Trump media sources.

Or the guilty pleas and court testimony of a long and growing line of witches that are tumbling out of the woods?

14 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Oh really, then why does the already all knowing Mueller agrees to a plea he doesn't need?

As for the rest of your post, please save these, as they may be of good use in the future.

.............. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?????????????? """""""" ;;;;;;;;;;;

He gets the guilty plea, Manafort has to explain to the trial judge why he is guilty, and he can re-allocate the resources saved (from not going to trial) into the many other matters on his plate ... I'm hoping Don Jr, Ivanka and the other retarded one are in Mueller's sights.

19 hours ago, dcutman said:

A year and half or two to into this Witch hunt still nothing. When are we gonna see something to lead to indictments about Russia collusion?

Surely by the end of Trumps second term there should be something nailed down, right?

It’s an investigation, if you know what that is ?  the outcome is irrelevant.  It is a fact finding mission.  But, if individuals broke the law, they should be punished accordingly.  You may want to take the Bill Clinton investigation as a guide.

This investigation has already made itself worthwhile.

Investigations can have any combination of outcomes.

Your boy may be a saint to you, but him and his buddies are not untouchable.  Face it, the guy is a shipwreck ?

It's about time! 

?

Trump can start panicking now: Manafort will cooperate with the special counsel

“The relentless Mueller push continues — as does that of the rule of law,” observes former White House ethics counsel Norman Eisen. “The reported cooperation agreement could be devastating to the president — and those around him. Manafort for example could  implicate not only the president in the Trump Tower meeting — but also others who were involved such as Don Jr. or [Jared] Kushner. The same is true on the mysterious [RNC] platform change, and indeed on all the possible collision offenses.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/14/trump-can-start-panicking-now-manafort-will-cooperate-with-the-special-counsel/

So when is the maga brigade gonna stop whining about this being a witch hunt.

There be witches.

Many witches.

Paul Manafort has flipped. So what happens now?

But if nothing else, we should remind ourselves that Manafort is now the fifth former Trump aide to plead guilty to charges stemming from the Mueller investigation; the others are Michael Flynn, Rick Gates, George Papadopoulos and Michael Cohen (who pleaded guilty to charges brought by the U.S. attorney in New York, though that case started with Mueller). Mueller also obtained guilty pleas from two other people (Alex van der Zwaan and Richard Pinedo) and indicted 26 Russians on charges related to the attack on the 2016 election.

All of which is to say that this has been an extremely fruitful special counsel investigation already. And it isn’t done yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/14/paul-manafort-has-flipped-so-what-happens-now/

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

He gets the guilty plea, Manafort has to explain to the trial judge why he is guilty, and he can re-allocate the resources saved (from not going to trial) into the many other matters on his plate ... I'm hoping Don Jr, Ivanka and the other retarded one are in Mueller's sights.

I'm eagerly waiting for Kushner or even Jr. to betray Trump. "Tu quoque mi fili!" Ah!Ah!

Trump dangled a pardon and Muller a plea deal . Manafort who knows them both had to decide who to trust.

For the rest of the deplorables, go ahead,,  continue to trust Trump,, lets see how it works out for you . Who knows you might still get your wall.  

Mueller is going to get a "Queen for a Day" from Manafort with no restrictions as to who in federal law enforcement can ask the questions, as to what and when events the questions relate, and as to what persons the questions relate.

Manafort could potentially serve no jail time with the court recognizing time served already. This nullifies any possible presidential pardon.

Manafort willingly gave up $46 million in assets in a civil agreement with the FBI as part of his plea bargain. This would not be nullified by any presidential pardon. This concession is not punishment for a crime.

Sorry Libturds, Manafort is just another dead end in this Mueller witch hunt.

The Trump hating Thai Visa idiots are 0 for 1233 on Trumps demise predictions to date. The emotional ridiculousness is so funny, its the only thing that makes me coming back.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Trump dangled a pardon and Muller a plea deal . Manafort who knows them both had to decide who to trust.

For the rest of the deplorables, go ahead,,  continue to trust Trump,, lets see how it works out for you . Who knows you might still get your wall.  

The only wall Trump will be seeing on a daily basis image.jpg.aba8e824a80cfbd82c7e5129a87018e2.jpgif there is any justice in this world. Location: Leavenworth, Kansas

2 minutes ago, dcutman said:

The Trump hating Thai Visa idiots are 0 for 1233 on Trumps demise predictions to date. The emotional ridiculousness is so funny, its the only thing that makes me coming back.

The last laugh is the best. Independent here. See you then.

3 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Please do stick around, we’ve got so much fun ahead of us, I’d hate for you to miss out.

Archived