Ex-Trump aide Manafort tentatively agrees to plea deal: ABC News

webfact

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

This is not about taking a little dig at Trump, this is about justice for the American people.

Careful about that.

Taking it to that ultimate conclusion could have unintended consequences, possibly including undeserved sympathy, blowback on the Dems (Impeachment has not worked out well electorially for the impeachers), or even some of the more violent tendencies of 45's base.

Isolate him. Neuter him. Ride it out and then prosecute the hell outta him once out of office. Has the bonus of neutralizing fundamentalist Pence as well...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Careful about that.

Taking it to that ultimate conclusion could have unintended consequences, possibly including undeserved sympathy, blowback on the Dems (Impeachment has not worked out well electorially for the impeachers), or even some of the more violent tendencies of 45's base.

Isolate him. Neuter him. Ride it out and then prosecute the hell outta him once out of office. Has the bonus of neutralizing fundamentalist Pence as well...

You might be right, but what if he starts trying to pardon his family, then as far as I know the only way to overturn those pardons would be to challenge the pardons in court as being impeachable offences.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

You might be right, but what if he starts trying to pardon his family, then as far as I know the only way to overturn those pardons would be to challenge the pardons in court as being impeachable offences.

No indictments until he is done. Family included. Pardon issue solved.

32 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Unfortunately, not. Remember he can pardon proactively. So, federally speaking, he can protect his loved ones and most likely himself. State charges are another matter.

I do not think he can blanket pardon proactively. He can pardon proactively for specific crimes from what i understand.

The family has its tentacles in many different criminal activities. I think we can safely wait and then indict.

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No indictments until he is done. Family included. Pardon issue solved.

I disagree,.  All indictments released the day after the mid terms including the immediate family.  The Mueller report also released the same day.  Watch what happens and go from there!. He's going to complete his first term, it's the 2020 election that everybody should be concentrated on.

41 minutes ago, wayned said:

I disagree,.  All indictments released the day after the mid terms including the immediate family.  The Mueller report also released the same day.  Watch what happens and go from there!. He's going to complete his first term, it's the 2020 election that everybody should be concentrated on.

You have attributed mikebike's comment to me.  Anyway, a bit late to be choosing when Muller should release all indictments seeing as he has already released 32.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You have attributed mikebike's comment to me.  Anyway, a bit late to be choosing when Muller should release all indictments seeing as he has already released 32.

All remaining indictments - Sorry! And All indictments should be released  and Mueller's report should be released, I know that we have no control over either and it is just my opinion!

29 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I thought we were talking about 45 and his family and proactive pardons. Meuller's indictments of others are irrelevant.

Hardly irrelevant seeing as they are all within the very same investigation, and why single out one family in this, all the guilty parties are equal in my view.

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

What? You have lost the point of our convo.

Hardly, you said, "No indictments until he is done. Family included. ", which would imply that you thought that people other than his family should not be indicted until Trump is done, so which is it, single out his family or not?

Archived