Land Of Lady Boys? Thailand Is Not The LGBTI Paradise It Appears

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I don`t know what is the true definition of a ladyboy?

Does a young guy wearing female attire automatically transform into a ladyboy? And if one wears male attire again, does the she transform back into a he?

Is there such a thing as a ladyboy? Seriously I really don`t know without prejudice. Can anyone explain?

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I am not saying I am right, but my view of perversion is anyone having unnatural sex.

I see natural sex as a man having sex with a woman where neither is underage.

How about consensual BDSM between men and women. Is that perversion? Regarding underage and the age of consent: it differs from country to country. 

18 minutes ago, The manic said:

How about consensual BDSM between men and women. Is that perversion? Regarding underage and the age of consent: it differs from country to country. 

I would say the perception is really based on how narrow your mind is.

Let people live their lives the way they want.

If it doesn't impact your life then why do people get all twisted and bitter about it.

Religion, fear, I don't know.

I reckon it's mostly lack of understanding that not everyone is the same.

The underage thing is a concern and I don't think the fact it differs in different countries means anything. Kiddy fiddlers are a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yeah right, until you live here and see the persecution first hand!

Land of smiles and tolerance but you'l hardly ever see a transgender in a normal work position or similar because when it's confirmed at the interview the application goes into the bin!

Ummmm... no it doesn't. Plenty LB's holding down decent jobs in banks, malls, department stores, supermarkets, etc..

8 hours ago, wombat said:

im curious...why is that a slur?

If you can't see that post as an anti--Muslim slur then I'll never convince you.

It was meant to lead people to believe ALL Muslims are beating homosexuals up.

A couple of a-holes spouting nonsense doesn't reflect the whole group. The statement was decidedly anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim.

13 hours ago, Crash999 said:

The example they gave isn’t a great one. Teachers at prestigious schools are expected to be conservative in their actions and had anyone posted photos of penis-shaped lipstick online they likely would have been fired too. 

If if they had a problem with transgender professors they wouldn’t have hired her and allowed her to lecture in the first place. 

Teachers at prestigious schools have beaten students yet have not been fired. I know there's quite a list of offences that teachers and director's of prestigious schols have commited and haven't been fired. Examples are welcome from anyone with a better memory than me.?

I had a student in M6 who openly conveyed that they would get gender reassignment as soon as she had the money after graduation. It's a long process, both the surgeries and the time saving money.

some ladyboys are simply halfway there, some will always be ladyboys.

It was obvious to me that this was a young lady trapped in a boy's school uniform.

The whole class one day became a spontaneous discussion about LGBT rights in countries worldwide.

Her biggest problem with Thailand was that, even after gender reassignment surgery, her Thai ID would always say "male."

I spent many years in Thailand, mostly in a smaller town in Central Thailand, I saw many LBGT people and the Thai people may not throw rocks at them but they damn sure made fun of them and didn't really want them around in their business dealings.  Even the monks made fun of them.

Rarely have I seen a katoey who doesn't act silly at the very sight of a farang.  And then when you don't respond to their entreaties they get nasty and vindictive.  Workers in shops, cafes, food stalls etc.

I have nothing against what they are and what they do to themselves is their business, I just don't see why it should be my business.  Putting on a big display to get maximum attention seems to be part of the subculture.

2 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I spent many years in Thailand, mostly in a smaller town in Central Thailand, I saw many LBGT people and the Thai people may not throw rocks at them but they damn sure made fun of them and didn't really want them around in their business dealings.  Even the monks made fun of them.

I perceive they are just ignored and usually accepted.

4 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Rarely have I seen a katoey who doesn't act silly at the very sight of a farang.  And then when you don't respond to their entreaties they get nasty and vindictive.  Workers in shops, cafes, food stalls etc.

I have nothing against what they are and what they do to themselves is their business, I just don't see why it should be my business.  Putting on a big display to get maximum attention seems to be part of the subculture.

In the entertainment business maybe but in the schools,  banks, offices and shops where LBs work, I have never seen such behaviour. The exaggerated behaviour you describe I would classify as 'camp gay' not Ladyboy. However I  would also suggest this flouncing flirtyness act is more associated with sex workers not regular working LBs.

14 hours ago, TKDfella said:

In the UK I was once elected on to a London & boroughs council which was to discuss local issues. 70% of the time we were discussing the gay community and its plight. In one particular discussion the main topic was the gay community and borough swimming facilities. The gay community represented at the discussion wanted 3 days a week for gay only while the remainder was all comers. I said that this was discrimination against non-gay and that I would only consider such a motion if there were 3 days a week for non-gay. Talk about sour grapes, there was uproar and I became known as anti-gay. I am not! I have worked with homosexuals in industry and never had problems. No, I think the gay community both here and elsewhere need to understand what the problems are and what they reflect in their actions.

QED - Thanks for reinforcing my point.

48 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Well, there is a certain sexual act which, if the name of it was taken literally, would sort of look like this, but with a trumpet.

Maybe something gets lost in translation...

This is a common problem for musicians who want to practice late at night without bothering the neighbours. When it comes to muting a trumpet a boob is a better fit, but for the French horn there's really no alternative. I understand the girl in the photo is employed by the entire brass section. 

On 9/17/2018 at 4:47 AM, kcpattaya said:

I totally agree. I would NEVER employ a transgender. 
Call me a racist or accuse me of discrimination - so be it. NEVER. 

Racist?? What's that got to do with it? You were talking about gender, not race. Your statement remains a capitalised opinion. Keep it to yourself. 

20 hours ago, overherebc said:

So happy you weren't the guy in charge of recruitment for the enigma code breakers, in UK by the way, it wasn't Tom Cruise ? Google it. Turing was his name.

Saved many lives and shortened WW2.

I believe the guy said if both are equally good. I know that if I am to hire someone for my company I would look if they fit in the team and would enhance productivity. If someone does not fit for what reason I would not hire them unless they are better then the other person for the job. A stable work environment is important. I am really pro ladyboys and gays but when its about business I would go for what is best for my business. If a ladyboy or gay fits in the team and is as good as the other applicant sure hire.. if he does not fit in the team then I won't hire him unless he has real good qualities. In the end in business its about the bottom line.

If you already have a lot of ladyboys in a team and a normal guy wants in but would not fit I would not hire him either. Its not about discrimination its about profits and work atmosphere. I would just choose who is best and would fit in best whatever gender and in certain situations that could mean no gay or ladyboy and in other situation no straight guy .. no old guy.. no guy.. no girl ect. 

I know the story about Turing great guy sad how it went after he did his job.

Oh yes! That Thai smile is not always genuine as well.                                                                                                 Love life, Glad that I have enough money to travel, Bet I will enjoy my trip,

Take life one day at a time, Quite relaxed at the beach. Born Straight as an arrow.

Geezer

have you noticed that when heterosexuals talk about gay people it is immediately about what they do during the act of sex........ no one is concerned about what it means to be LGBTI in the world at large - only intimate details of their sex lives .....

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I see natural sex as a fertile man having sex with a fertile woman, and no contraception.

After all, reproduction is the purpose of sex.

a profoundly ill-informed statement not even backed up by historical anthropological or biological knowledge which contradicts such a naive and simplistic concept.

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I see natural sex as a fertile man having sex with a fertile woman, and no contraception.

After all, reproduction is the purpose of sex.

If no one used contraception, what would the world be like today? Well

over populated I would think.

LGBT is only a lobby,

and a lobby exist only to make big money (not to help any people).

Never forget it, they just need them to make promotion of Surrogacy

to use very poor lady to have baby for reach people.

(the same people dont want to see prostitution in the street.)

1 hour ago, apophyss said:

LGBT is only a lobby,

and a lobby exist only to make big money (not to help any people).

LGBT is only a lobby,

Incorrect. LGBT represents a significant portion of people all over the world that in most nations face unequal legal civil rights and social stigmas.

That's a very specific issue out of very many others. Surrogacy for gay people is illegal almost everywhere in the world, including Thailand. The ethics concerns of exploiting women is legitimate although not all surrogacy contracts are exploitative. Ethical concerns would include gay and straight clients.

Bizarre. There is no connection. It's in your imagination. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

LGBT represents a significant portion of people all over the world that in most nations face unequal legal civil rights and social stigmas.

4.1% in the US. Y'all can argue back and forth whether that is significant, but at least you have a number.

Which number includes bi sexuals, or the LNLAOGTW community (since acronyms are so big these days).

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Which number includes bi sexuals, or the LNLAOGTW community (since acronyms are so big these days).

"The initialism LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual)"

As you can see the full thing is even longer. I'm thinking I might be pansexual... I always had a thing for woks.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, kcpattaya said:

I totally agree. I would NEVER employ a transgender. 
Call me a racist or accuse me of discrimination - so be it. NEVER. 

I get the impression that some people are so blinded by their own bigotry they wouldn't even know if they'd employed a "transgender".

Archived