Land Of Lady Boys? Thailand Is Not The LGBTI Paradise It Appears

webfact

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Including the American lady who bluntly pulled my sons children aside at a restaurant in Chiang Mai, without any appraoch to my son and his wife.

Son (speaks advanced English) asked her what she was doing, she replied 'teaching them to love Jesus'.

Son took his children away and walked towards his car. American lady followed and said 'don't you want your children to be save?'

Yea religious people are dangerous, I don't have a problem with them as long as they don't force their idea's upon others and force their laws upon others. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, robblok said:

Problem is with your OPINION is that you want to send people to a psychiatric when they don't confirm to your idea of sex. 

That is an opinion that influences others their freedom. That is my big problem with you.. not that you like or not like gays ladyboys. 

They are sick 'dudes' ..... I am not suggesting more than........ The Thai Gov't spend a little money to try to help those who can be helped.........

Just as Thai Gov't don't spend to help those born 'Autistic'..............

I've had plenty of gay employees.

The girls fit right in - nobody bothered them. The gay guys took a bit of flak off the straight Thai guys and I had to pull them up on it. These were all middle class Thais with decent education, mostly foreign universities.

A transgender would never have fit into the office. When you build a team, you have to maintain morale and keep a good atmosphere in the office. Given 2 decent candidates, one TG and one not TG, I'd always go for the non-TG. Just a simple business decision, not to want to risk the team atmosphere. I'd also avoid employing gay men in the future for the same reason.

I can't change the bias of the staff but I can avoid conflict by not employing people that will obviously not fit in. I make the same choice based on their personalities too.

12 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

They are sick 'dudes' ..... I am not suggesting more than........ The Thai Gov't spend a little money to try to help those who can be helped.........

Just as Thai Gov't don't spend to help those born 'Autistic'..............

They are not sick and it can't be cured.. only religious nuts think the way you think. I bet you believe in the guy in sky. 

To compare this with Autistic.. crazy.. and yes the government should spend on autistic kids. 

6 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The girls fit right in - nobody bothered them. The gay guys took a bit of flak off the straight Thai guys and I had to pull them up on it. These were all middle class Thais with decent education, mostly foreign universities.

A transgender would never have fit into the office. When you build a team, you have to maintain morale and keep a good atmosphere in the office. Given 2 decent candidates, one TG and one not TG, I'd always go for the non-TG. Just a simple business decision, not to want to risk the team atmosphere. I'd also avoid employing gay men in the future for the same reason.

I can't change the bias of the staff but I can avoid conflict by not employing people that will obviously not fit in. I make the same choice based on their personalities too.

Personally I can see the logic of this, its not about having a problem with gays or ladyboys but trying to maintain a good work atmosphere. Some people just don't fit in a team, it could be because they are gay or ladyboys or whatever. I would not hire someone if I am sure he / she would not fit in. In the end its about making money. I would not have a problem employing a gay or ladyboy but if i was sure they would not fit in and it would damage productivity I would not take them as employees. 

Same goes for other people.. if you got a real young crew of people.. an old guy would not really match.. I would not hire an older guy then either. Has nothing to do with not liking older.. same if my team were all old guys maybe a young guy would not fit.. or if I had an all female group.. why add a guy.. ect ect.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

So happy you weren't the guy in charge of recruitment for the enigma code breakers, in UK by the way, it wasn't Tom Cruise ? Google it. Turing was his name.

Saved many lives and shortened WW2.

For zydeco and any others:  Intersex is a term used to describe a variety of conditions - ambiguous genitalia, chromosomal differences such as XXY and XO(only one sex chromosome), hormonal problems (including tumours of organs which increase hormone secretion), metabolic problems and conditions where the body does not respond to sex hormones.

About 1 in 15,000 individuals can be diagnosed at birth; many more are picked up at puberty.  Depending on what conditions are included, it may result in as many as 1 in 500 people.

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

what is this? Fantasy land? Do tell us how they 'push their gender' 

think about it... for the most part,  they overexaggerate, try to be the center of attention, overact their femininity, and like to flaunt everything. Other things they do as well is not normal for a teacher or employee to do. That is pushing their gender simply by throwing it in your face.. If your business is trying to pull customers off the street, they would be great to hire. But for a restaurant or a job with close contact to customers or profession where opinions determine the outcome of your success. It would be risky to hire a ladyboy. Kids are impressionable easily. Customers would either embrace and enjoy the ladyboy employee or they would ridicule and run depending on your business. 

Is is risky to hire because of these reasons also... 

Also, in experience watching them at a distance, I have noticed they are easily angered and quickly prone to violence if you don't accept them. Reject their transgender and comment and you will see fists flying same as a man. 

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Intersex people are born with any of several variations in sex characteristics, including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, " do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies". - Source: Wikipedia.

I'm hung like a horse. 

9 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

"She was informed she was “no longer suitable” to teach at the institution – Thailand’s second-oldest university – because of inappropriate behaviour on social media, referring to a post on Kath’s Instagram account featuring a photo of a penis-shaped tube of lipstick."

This is a very formal university with old fashioned standards, but the fact remains she was given a job in the first place. It's quite plausible any teacher there could have got disciplined over doing the same thing, and if someone's sexuality and identity started to turn into a personal agenda for them, these traits would likely have been considered to be getting in the way of the job.

This reaction is just not understandable - based on a twitter post you loose Your teaching job, but when you are caught red handed of abusing a child in the School and in front of other children you are temporary placed for other activities and  in the most cases reinstated after you have performed a wai….

43 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

think about it... for the most part,  they overexaggerate, try to be the center of attention, overact their femininity, and like to flaunt everything. Other things they do as well is not normal for a teacher or employee to do. That is pushing their gender simply by throwing it in your face.. If your business is trying to pull customers off the street, they would be great to hire. But for a restaurant or a job with close contact to customers or profession where opinions determine the outcome of your success. It would be risky to hire a ladyboy. Kids are impressionable easily. Customers would either embrace and enjoy the ladyboy employee or they would ridicule and run depending on your business. 

Is is risky to hire because of these reasons also... 

Also, in experience watching them at a distance, I have noticed they are easily angered and quickly prone to violence if you don't accept them. Reject their transgender and comment and you will see fists flying same as a man. 

I know/knew only one, that was the partner of a farang friend, and the first impression that I got, which falsely made me believe they were (as a generalisation) decent average people.  That single exception aside, every other I've met has been at best neutral, and at worst like the gum on the sole of someone elses flip flop.

If I use the term "straight Gay" (meaning straight as in regular, or behave in a reasonable way socially), then gays are often very nice people (more so than most, as they try harder, being aware of everything), and lesbians also (although sometimes guarded).  LB's though, they seem to be the mix of all the worst aspects of society.  Now someone will write up and give me an example of an exception, but I'm talking generalisation, not specific people.

It's no more true or false than saying all white people are trillionaires and all black people live in the bronx and shoot sideways.  Government is the measure of decency and the queen of England only eats humanely murdered puppies.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Being gay, or a transgender man or woman, is not a perversion. 

Then what is? 

I am not trying to be rude, but what exactly does a perversion mean?

The obvious would be where underage sex interest is concerned, but is that all?

25 minutes ago, ttrd said:

This reaction is just not understandable - based on a twitter post you loose Your teaching job, but when you are caught red handed of abusing a child in the School and in front of other children you are temporary placed for other activities and  in the most cases reinstated after you have performed a wai….

Agree, though the social media activity might be just the official excuse given to kick her out, they may have found her general behaviour to be inappropriate and disruptive. The information in the opening article was provided by her only so it's not a balanced account. It also seems it was poorly researched, as she was evidently reinstated there a few months ago:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30341253

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Then what is? 

I am not trying to be rude, but what exactly does a perversion mean?

The obvious would be where underage sex interest is concerned, but is that all?

Google being my girlfriend, I just tried it and it suggests that it's a distortion or deviation from what was originally intended.  That there is a can of worms with no end to the movie.  I'm going outside to chill and avoid the bar room blitz ?

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

If any guy has a preference for ladyboys how can they be straight?

I mentioned earlier in this thread that a friend that had a LB partner.  He insists that he's straight (he's been married and has an adult kid).  (S)he said "I have a cock, how can you be straight?  I am a man with long hair".  The convo wasn't going well and they asked me to mediate.  I backed out, not my job.  They're in their the relationship and I'm a bystander.

Walking...

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If any guy has a preference for ladyboys how can they be straight?

You know I have been reading posts on that exact same topic on various Thailand boards over the past 20 years. Will that question ever be answered?

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You know I have been reading posts on that exact same topic on various Thailand boards over the past 20 years. Will that question ever be answered?

I am not saying I am right, but my view of perversion is anyone having unnatural sex.

I see natural sex as a man having sex with a woman where neither is underage.

4 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Thailand is over-run with lady boys......... I've seen enough of them in 35 years.........

Although I saw my first one at a young age,  I was maybe 30 ..... and I was in Nandi, Fiji........ A black lady boy...... WOW... Shocking to me....... 

Now after 35 years visiting Thailand they are 'commonplace'...... I've had farang friends tell some scary stories including an $1800 USD$ loss from ladyboy pickpocket on a crowded baht bus in Pattaya........

Mind you.... I've never bedded down with one.... and have no plans to do so........

I think they are 'mentally ill' and if given treatment they could become 'normal people'....... I've seen 'Austistic' born kids grow up without help from the Thai government, the same as these deranged kids, who are male but think the world made a mistake and they should be girls..........

Many years ago I met a young (13-14 yo)  and talked very openly with me and tried to convince me that 'god (Buddha)' made a mistake and they should have came out of their mother as a female........... This youngster was so convinced that he was really intended to be a girl........ I think councelling could have helped but Thailand has a history of accepting this and not trying to correct this misconcept in young adults...........

If the Thai Gov't/councellors would just tell them to go in private and look inside their underwear for the answer........Many of them could be 'straightened out' in due time........ Instead of Thai Gov't spending any money for this these kids go on to eat 'Female Hormones' to grow larger breast and appear feminine, all the while they are really 'guys', and in their pants is the proof.......... 

Now in the western countries, transgender is being actively promoted and they are messing with the minds of kids from very early ages in the schools. It`s no wonder that when kids grow up into teens that they become totally screwed up with their gender identities. 

When people become adults they will naturally find their own ways and identities in life and should be left alone to do so, without outside influences and without prejudice.

Most boys including myself when we were at school had ambitions of becoming astronauts, or movies stars or some other types of exciting careers. Never once heard any boys say; they want to be ladyboys when they grow up.

9 hours ago, kwilco said:

As ever threads like this show that Thaivisa has a deep reservoir of homophobia.

Most of those posts reveal the deep hangups these people have about their own sexuality.

It's hard to be sympathetic though for people who clearly need help but are so aggressive in covering up their problems.

As I'm not religious, Live and let live, it is no concern of mine what people do , quite frankly I couldn't careless, either way.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Surely sexual orientation is not just determined by your genes but maybe your upbringing and early experiences etc etc

IMHO sexualality is not as easily defined as you would think.

There is a phenomenon in long term jails; of hahaha “Normal” male/ female prisoners becoming “Jail Poofs “albeit maybe only a temporary thing!

There are indications of a “pervert” being created shall we say out of “normally heterosexual” young individual by people who would these days be called “Groomers or sexual predators”

This forum seems to attempt to simplify what is a very complicated subject by dividing the debate into two pardon the expression “Camps”!

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Many organisations or companies don’t accept transgenders … because they are biased and they don’t see the abilities that transgender people have,”

Biased or not, it is their choice who they choose to employ, end of discussion.

Actually its the start of the debate leading to fairer employment regulations. Thai Airways, Samsung, Foodmart etc all employ Toms and LBs. A good thing Im sure you will agree.

Blame yourself, there not a day in the calendar when there is not a dispute between a lady/ladies of the second gender and a tourist reported. 
I - for one - see those ladyboys in almost every store, every restaurant and hospitals as well as government offices. I seriously wonder, what makes all those boys fiddling around with their d"*ç%s - compared to their fathers and grand fathers.

But maybe it is me and I am just getting too old for this crap. It is though obvious, that Thailand is nothing short of celebrating the issue - despite (still) being a minority. 

Archived