Tinned fruit

cleverman

Why would it be a wind-up? Tinned fruit has a particular flavour different from fresh fruit that some people enjoy in certain dishes.

Also, the fruit selection in Thailand is not that amazing unless you stick to local produce. Peaches, pairs, and apricots, if you can find them fresh, are imported and very expensive. It's also a gamble buying them as they may look ok, but not taste good.

I always have canned peaches and apricots in my cupboard.

To the OP. Every supermarket should have them. They are imported from China, Australia, South Africa, and Europe, so you should have many choices. I avoid the Chinese products as they are not very good. I've found a lot of them mushy.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

How much are tinned fruit? Peaches, grapefruit, tangerines. In the UK prices are very competitive. Even frozen food here is way more expensive than UK

The large tins of apricots and peaches are in the 100 - 150 baht zone. The Chinese brands are the cheapest.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, tropo said:
The large tins of apricots and peaches are in the 100 - 150 baht zone. The Chinese brands are the cheapest.

How about Pineapple? Surely thats cheap its everywhere

Yeah, I'm sure it's cheap, but I don't buy that so I can't give you a price.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Why would it be a wind-up? Tinned fruit has a particular flavour different from fresh fruit that some people enjoy in certain dishes.

Also, the fruit selection in Thailand is not that amazing unless you stick to local produce. Peaches, pairs, and apricots, if you can find them fresh, are imported and very expensive. It's also a gamble buying them as they may look ok, but not taste good.

To the OP. Every supermarket should have them. They are imported from China, Australia, South Africa, and Europe, so you should have many choices. I avoid the Chinese products as they are not very good. I've found a lot of them mushy.

Can of said peaches/apricots, a couple to a plate/bowl, bit of syrup only. Add a dash of red/sherry/whatever. Some cream on top (if lazy, ready made as well). Works a charm for family and youngsters. Ice cream extra is a favorite as well.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, strikingsunset said:

this post has to be a troll/ wind up - seasonal fresh fruit in Thailand is very low price ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The way it looks, you're trolling, not the OP. The fruit he's talking about is not grown in Thailand...  

15 hours ago, strikingsunset said:

this post has to be a troll/ wind up - seasonal fresh fruit in Thailand is very low price ...

To be honest if it were me asking a lot of the questions he does I would seriously consider changing my name!

Hence the lack of input from LOCAL people.

Edited by Psimbo

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How much are tinned fruit? Peaches, grapefruit, tangerines. In the UK prices are very competitive. Even frozen food here is way more expensive than UK

Buying tinned fruit is like buying a yacht, if you have to ask how much it is then you can't afford it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Psimbo said:

To be honest if it were me asking a lot of the questions he does I would seriously consider changing my name!

Hence the lack of input from LOCAL people.

The only Thai fruit I like are mangostiens. I can afford to buy imported canned fruit.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 7:58 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The frozen fruits at makro are relatively cheap. 200baht for a kilo of strawberries or blueberries.

• Like 2

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
Just now, cleverman said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend those who are on a tight budget. 

Still stupid. Personally I'm not going to buy something thats way more than i would pay in the UK, its just not worth it, you won't understand.

Obviously you never gave much thought to what you were going to say before you said it. 

37 minutes ago, strikingsunset said:

we are now bitching over tinned fruit - maybe it’s time to get out more

The speeding granny going through the red light will are their minds off tinned fruit for a few weeks. 

6 minutes ago, GLewis said:

Let him buy sugar water with some low grade fruit in it if he wants. To each his own. lol.. 

6 minutes ago, GLewis said:

Let him buy sugar water with some low grade fruit in it if he wants. To each his own. lol.. 

Obviously you never heard of export quality, only the best is chosen for export. And I can afford it so don't need to buy local . This post is closed to me now . Get back to talking about brake failure. 

On 17 September 2018 at 10:23 PM, tropo said:

If you can direct me to just one shop in Patong that has them I will be happy.