Notification Of Alien's Adress And 90 Days Reporting

I changed adress and notified Nong Khai Udon Thani AEK immigration extension office.

Does this means I only need to perorm the 90 days thing 90 days after the adress change notification, or do I still need to do this 90 days after arrival in Thailand?

At the same time I asked for a proof of residence to obtain a thai drivers license.

Hmmm, had to pay 1k baht, have reciept. Now my farang embassy would "only" ask 10 euro for that, except they refused to give me such a paper since my legal adress needs to remain in farangland, they obviousely don't recognise citizens having a second residence in a foreign country but want them to know my whereabouts in LOS...

Mext day I got both motorcycle and car drivers licence at Nong Han district, Udon province presenting them my international drivers licence. I was told I would need to pass an exam "because no have central computer database" bullshit. Them the price asked was also 1k, no exam.

Don't we call that a scam? I thought it was 150 baht per license?

The only things that count as 90 day reports are the first application for an extension of stay, the submission of a TM.47 90 day report, or the submission of a TM.6 arrival card. If you are on an extension of stay and do not have a TM.47 receipt you should plan to make your address report plus/minus 7 days from the 90 day in country date. Normally when you get the TM.47 receipt it will be stamped with the date you need to return.

I changed adress and notified Nong Khai Udon Thani AEK immigration extension office.

Does this means I only need to perorm the 90 days thing 90 days after the adress change notification, or do I still need to do this 90 days after arrival in Thailand?

At the same time I asked for a proof of residence to obtain a thai drivers license.

Hmmm, had to pay 1k baht, have reciept. Now my farang embassy would "only" ask 10 euro for that, except they refused to give me such a paper since my legal adress needs to remain in farangland, they obviousely don't recognise citizens having a second residence in a foreign country but want them to know my whereabouts in LOS...

Mext day I got both motorcycle and car drivers licence at Nong Han district, Udon province presenting them my international drivers licence. I was told I would need to pass an exam "because no have central computer database" bullshit. Them the price asked was also 1k, no exam.

Don't we call that a scam? I thought it was 150 baht per license?

Nan Immigration gave me 4 residence certificates free of charge. Each noted with purpose (car & motorbike licenses + purchase of both)

Driving licenses at Uttaradit licenses office was 'regular' price of just over 100baht ofr a one year and this year 550 baht for a 5 year one.

No exams needed with international license for the first 1 year ones and only the expeired 1 year license ofr the 5 years one.

Over the years I have been charged 500 baht and then once 300 baht and then once 250 baht for the proof of address letter.

What is the actual cost for this letter. I was once told that it should be free.

Any body know

It appears to depend on what office you apply for them.

Samui Immigration charged me 650 Baht for 2 including the photos which they took.

500 for the letters and 150 for the photos.

Tartempion hi,

I've obtained a couple of "Proof of Residence" letters from the Immigration Office at Nong Khai during the last five years and, all credit to my friends at Nong Khai Imi, on both occasions it was supplied free-of-charge within 20 minutes. Dontcha just luv 'em up there... I do!

Either the "policy" has changed since when I last obtained a letter a year ago, or, the Udon Thani "sub-staion" at AEK hospital is doing a bit of "free-lancing" when the officers are away from the "no corruption here" head office on Mondays and Fridays.

You could always phone Nong Khai Immigration direct to check out their charge for such a "service" in advance :o . However, even if you have to pay 1K baht, its still cheaper than Britemb BKK (@ 1763 ish baht) plus the hassle of a return trip to BKK. Rgds Bob

lopburi3:

Your post says first extention of stay controls the 90 day reporting cycle.

The 90th day of my entry on a tourist visa was January 29 and I was hospitalized that week and unable to get to immigration until this next monday. Was getting my crying towel ready with hospital bill and diagnosis ready to save 2K baht when I read your post.

I changed by tourist visa, entry date Nov 2, to a non-imm O and then to a retirement extention. My hope is that you will tell me that my retirement extention began a new 90 day cycle so I can be more dignified when I go in the next time?

Entry date? Change of status date? First retirement extention date?

Many thanks.

The first, and only first, submission date of a TM.7 (request for extension of stay) is counted as a report so is also day one of a 90 day clock so first TM.47 (90 day report) is due 90 days from that submission date.

This is no longer the case.

I thought this was the way it worked but just had to pay a B2k fine for not reporting in time.

This was at Suan Plu, and the officer (#23070 - they apparently no longer have names, just numbers) claimed that a TM7 has never been the base for 90-day reports. See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106149

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Above copied from Immigration website 1 minute ago.

You do not make it clear if this was your "first" application for one year extension of stay and if you reported on or before 90 days from the day you submitted that paperwork (not necessarily the day you received an extension of stay). If you can provide specifics and dates it would help. Thanks.

You do not make it clear if this was your "first" application for one year extension of stay and if you reported on or before 90 days from the day you submitted that paperwork (not necessarily the day you received an extension of stay). If you can provide specifics and dates it would help. Thanks.

It is the "first" part that got me. I wonder how they came up with that one.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

lopburi3: You haven't been wrong before to my knowledge, so I will rely on your advice once again. However, I would feel more comfortable if I had the cite to the webpage to take with me to immigration less there is a misunderstanding, all for 2k savings!!!

If you could copy the relevent portion of the regulation into a reply with the actual citation or web address of the regulation or any other way would be fine.

I did take your previous citation, you were so kind to provide the last time, when I went in but I didn't need to use it as they complied with the rgulation you provided.

Many thanks for your efforts.

lopburi3: You haven't been wrong before to my knowledge, so I will rely on your advice once again. However, I would feel more comfortable if I had the cite to the webpage to take with me to immigration less there is a misunderstanding, all for 2k savings!!!

If you could copy the relevent portion of the regulation into a reply with the actual citation or web address of the regulation or any other way would be fine.

I did take your previous citation, you were so kind to provide the last time, when I went in but I didn't need to use it as they complied with the rgulation you provided.

Many thanks for your efforts.

lopburi3: Please ignore my last. There is a parrallel thread with the link to the web page you reference and I was able to print a copy of the regulation to take with me.

Thanks anyway, and as usual, you are right

maximum fine for not completing the 90 reporting?

It is in the Immigration Act. Section 37, paragraph 5 is about the reporting requirement, Section 76 about the penalty:

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

As you can see, at present Immigration does not collect the maximum possible fine.

--

Maestro