Trump questions Kavanaugh's accuser, says opponents want to 'destroy' nominee

rooster59

If Ms Ford was an Amish housewife from Pennsylvania, she would be credible, but a "university-teacher-in California"!!!

They are so heavily bent towards the left side over there that scientists expect the whole state to fall into the ocean with the next earthquake!

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

If Ms Ford was an Amish housewife from Pennsylvania, she would be credible, but a "univeristy-teacher-in California"!!!

They are so heavily bent towards the left side over there that scientists expect the whole state to fall into the ocean with the next earthquake!

You should join Ed Whelan's investigative team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Well, it would seem that the intolerant and thin-skinned leftist crowd is up in arms on this Saturday...

Here is more food for thoughts...if you can manage to think...

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/brian-banks-due-process/?source=zh

Illiberal has the front to bring up ‘due process’.

What like hiding documentation from the Kavanaugh’s appoint ment review committee?

Doh!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Becker said:

LOL! Aren't they cute the little man-child fan club members when they question other people's mental faculties. 

Priceless! 

I am not American (thank God for small favors), not even Canadian, yet I visit threads like this one to corroborate what I read in numerous articles regarding the incredible polarization of the American population.

In short, every path, whatever the issue may be, leads to Trump, and you are either WITH him or AGAINST him!

A simplistic, binary, system of "thinking" that is eating the country from the inside.

The case of Cavanaugh vs Ford should be debated from a legal point of view, and not a political one, yet this proves impossible for the half of the population (80% in the case of California) who hates Trump to the point of having stomach pain.

This crowd would be ready to burn at the stake anyone supporting or being supported by Trump, once in possession of the slightest presumption of guilt!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Becker said:

Have you ever asked yourself why this is so? No other president has been so reviled as the present one. Don't you think that to a large extent it's due to his actions and comments?

No its because the left has lost power. They hate losing power. Among other reasons. But hey, lets agree to disagree, I dont hate or despise or feel sorry for the anti Trump folks. I dont think they are deplorable, or idiots, or stupid or misguided or ignorant or antisemitic or rascists or fascists or perverts or rapists. I know Anti Trumpers dont feel that way about Trump supporters. I know anti Trumpers share the view that demonizing the other side is not the American way....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I am not American (thank God for small favors), not even Canadian, yet I visit threads like this one to corroborate what I read in numerous articles regarding the incredible polarization of the American population.

In short, every path, whatever the issue may be, leads to Trump, and you are either WITH him or AGAINST him!

A simplistic, binary, system of "thinking" that is eating the country from the inside.

The case of Cavanaugh vs Ford should be debated from a legal point of view, and not a political one, yet this proves impossible for the half of the population (80% in the case of California) who hates Trump to the point of having stomach pain.

This crowd would be ready to burn at the stake anyone supporting or being supported by Trump, once in possession of the slightest presumption of guilt!

It's almost funny what you write.

First you write about the extreme polarization. And as far as I see you are right, this is pretty much what is happening. And it's obviously very bad.

And at the end it seems you are part of that polarization.

How about we wait for a week and he will testify and she will testify about that party and what he did or didn't do.

And then the senators should decide if he is honest and the right man for the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No its because the left has lost power. They hate losing power. Among other reasons. But hey, lets agree to disagree, I dont hate or despise or feel sorry for the anti Trump folks. I dont think they are deplorable, or idiots, or stupid or misguided or ignorant or antisemitic or rascists or fascists or perverts or rapists. I know Anti Trumpers dont feel that way about Trump supporters. I know anti Trumpers share the view that demonizing the other side is not the American way....

Lets make it easy: Do you think Trump behaves the way a president should behave or not?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's almost funny what you write.

First you write about the extreme polarization. And as far as I see you are right, this is pretty much what is happening. And it's obviously very bad.

And at the end it seems you are part of that polarization.

How about we wait for a week and he will testify and she will testify about that party and what he did or didn't do.

And then the senators should decide if he is honest and the right man for the job.

Before even going that far, as a foreigner I am amazed that there seem to be no status of limitation in the US law.

People can show up decades after "events" and accuse someone publicly, thus threatening to destroy the person not only professionally, but also personally.

As things stand now, I see no difference between the accusation thrown at Cavanaugh by Ford, and the accusation thrown at Unsworth by Musk.

And at least with Musk, the so-called "facts" are not decades old.

More generally, one will note that it is mostly celebrities who are victims of such late accusations.

As long as the accused was a nobody, it seems that his or her past behavior didn't matter, but once he or she becomes a celebrity, then suddenly it matters.

As for the Supreme Court judges needing to be perfectly clean, please!

Remember that these good judges turned the 2000 election in favor of Junior, even though the Florida recount would have shown he had lost.

And as if that was not enough, these wonderful judges came up with their Citizen United ruling, giving corporations the right to influence elections with their money!

What a wonderful institution...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Before even going that far, as a foreigner I am amazed that there seem to be no status of limitation in the US law.

People can show up decades after "events" and accuse someone publicly, thus threatening to destroy the person not only professionally, but also personally.

As things stand now, I see no difference between the accusation thrown at Cavanaugh by Ford, and the accusation thrown at Unsworth by Musk.

More generally, one will note that it is mostly celebrities who are victims of such late accusations.

As long as the accused was a nobody, it seems that his or her past behavior didn't matter, but once he or she becomes a celebrity, then suddenly it matters.

Remember that these good judges turned the 2000 election in favor of Junior, even though the Florida recount would have shown he had lost.

And as if that was not enough, these wonderful judges came up with their Citizen United ruling, giving corporations the right to influence elections with their money!

Yes, I forgot "facts" have a "best before" date. Are you for real? Of course Supreme Court judges should be perfectly clean... its a freaking lifetime appointment for Gods sake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Yes, I forgot "facts" have a "best before" date. Are you for real? Of course Supreme Court judges should be perfectly clean... its a freaking lifetime appointment for Gods sake.

I don't know about perfectly. If he was a pothead in school, that's a big nothing. But this accusation is about violent sexual assault. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

And does all this not convince you that the USA should have 100% honest judges who work in the interest of the people?

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The problem is the lying and not so much what he did in school.

I guess if he would have said at some stage that when he was young he got drunk and made some mistakes then many people would accept that. It is a long time ago and I guess very few of us didn't make any mistakes.

But the point is that now he pretends his behavior never happened. And I guess if someone treated a girl like that he should remember - even if he was drunk. So did Ford make up that story and does she lie? Or does he lie? If he lies then he should be no judge - not anywhere even in the smallest court.

Well, I think he did it and I agree the lying is a big deal. Especially as he's probably going to lie about it under oath very soon. But I reckon his calculation is that as the deck is stacked and the republicans are insisting on an unfair he said/she said sham hearing without further witnesses that he'll definitely get confirmed that way. I agree the ethical thing would be to do as you suggest. But doing that in the current era may or may not result in a confirmation. The thing is as you read more about Ford's story is that she's been traumatized by this incident all her adult life. Kavanaugh could sell it as a youthful mistake but the damage he did which he would have then confessed to will be there for all the world to hear about. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And does all this not convince you that the USA should have 100% honest judges who work in the interest of the people?

In theory certainly, but one has to be realistic.

Washington is not called the swamp for no reason...and swamp creatures, such as those who decide who will seat where, including at the Supreme Court, are not looking for saints, but rather for kindred spirits.

In politics, and the Supreme Court is a political institution, considering the selection process, no one reaches the top echelons with one's hands clean.

I have no idea whether Cavanaugh did assault that woman long ago, yet he probably accumulated quite a number a skeletons in his closet before reaching the step where he stands now.

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 1