Children's rights and parent's duties

Bass60

I am divorced, ex thai wife, 2 daughters, 12 and 11 yo, in joint custody, who live with her in my ex house: the house is now in the name of my 2 kids, and my ex take care of them, and use the house: my 12 yo daughter refuse to go in school (Sarasas) for already 3 months, and my ex is unable to solve the situation: I did talk with my daughter several times and I tried to convince her, without any result. In this sad situation, any advise or suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks

33 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Without more details, it is impossible to judge where the roots of your daughter's refusal lie, in the home or at school. If I were you, I would seek the help of social services, as neutrals they are in a better position to determine the reason and perhaps suggest a remedy.

Do they have social services here?

There are lots of children in our area (rural North)  than don't seem to go to school.  I often wondered if that was illegal here like in the UK.  

Yes Thai law says school until 16.

I would agree think that there is a problem.  Has anyone suggest a different school. What kind of student was she before.

Matayom is a different time.  They big from big fish to little minnow.

Also that evil puberty starts.

There are counselling services available but I would look at private versus government.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

There are lots of children in our area (rural North)  than don't seem to go to school.  I often wondered if that was illegal here like in the UK.  

I’m in rural NE and a lot of children are raised by Grandparents who may

not realize education is important. I’ve read children can finished in school at the equivalent to 8th grade. So around 13 years old.

what do they do between 13 and age to legally work. Idle minds are the devils playground.

The age and easily available liquor in villages a lot get in trouble or on the way to trouble

16 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Yes Thai law says school until 16.

I would agree think that there is a problem.  Has anyone suggest a different school. What kind of student was she before.

She was very good at school, and I believe she is suffering for the destruction of our family (she's a very sensible child)  my ex-wife is ignorant and unable to understand the gravity of the situation, and to try to solve the problem: my daughter totally refuse to talk with me about this problem, and I really don't know how proceed, in a country that seems don't have solution for cases like this (social services, schools, laws, authorities): we are divorced and I work very far from my ex house, and my ex-wife in front of the judge at the family court signed about taking care about my 2 daughters.

18 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They can legally choose to stop going to school at age 12 (end of junior school).

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:35 PM, FritsSikkink said:

There must be a reason why she doesn't want to go: problem with student or teacher?

Like said before, find out, deal with the problem. This has been an issue far too long.

My daughter totally refuse to talk with me about this problem: I've been at the Sarasas school, and they denied any kind of help to solve the situation.

15 hours ago, Bass60 said:

My daughter totally refuse to talk with me about this problem: I've been at the Sarasas school, and they denied any kind of help to solve the situation.

Get a shrink involved, there must be something seriously wrong. Tell the school you will go will not stop searching until you find out what happened and if they protect somebody you will make anyone who is protecting somebody responsible and they will all have to face the consequences. Somebody will start talking to save his/her arse.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thanks 1

Our now 12 year old grandchild went through a bad patch in Prathom 3 when one of the teachers took a dislike to me (long story, not my fault, concerning her driving skills) and took it out on the child. She was accused of theft, shown up daily, and was running out of the school crying. All OK now since my wife sorted the teacher out in front of the whole school and she changed school at Prathom 4.

A school teacher can make your life hell and I myself remember dodging school to avoid certain teachers, forging sick notes etc. I did get to catch  one of them years later (he ran away when he saw me). Sorry, going off topic.