Class action suit against Ford Motor Company

assayer

On 9/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, dallen52 said:

I was amazed that the service garage didn't know this...

Actually, I would be even more amazed if they knew. I lost count of how many times I've been misinformed by service and/or sales personnel in Thailand. 

On 9/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, dallen52 said:

The extension of warranty is 7 years and 10 years respectively for 2011 to 2015 DCT vehicles. 

Check your VIN and it will indicate the outstanding action required. 

Mine does.

Plus there is a Ford Thailand recall site.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/owner/recalls/

Much information out there.

Sadly you have to dig for it.

Plus a couple of tech fixes you can try.

I was amazed that the service garage didn't know this...

Screenshot_20180417-095150.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-105425.png

Screenshot_20180411-223635.png

I just tried the recall site twice and it indicates my VIN was not found. Not sure if that means there are no recalls on mine or if it means my car doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, rayinkrabi said:

Same here.

It appears that the Ford Thailand recall site is about as useful as the Ford Thailand service department. 

And it pains me to say that, being an ex Ford engineer. 

You can try etis.ford.com

Which you can sign up for free. 

Reliability of this site seems reasonable, it picked up my transmission service actions outstanding. 

40 minutes ago, assayer said:

I just tried the recall site twice and it indicates my VIN was not found. Not sure if that means there are no recalls on mine or if it means my car doesn't exist.

This came from the etis site not the recall site.

1 hour ago, fullcave said:

Actually, I would be even more amazed if they knew. I lost count of how many times I've been misinformed by service and/or sales personnel in Thailand. 

Starting to say yup.

They really don't have a clue. 

Mine is in for the third time today with front end noise. 

I stood in the workshop under the car and showed them what I believed was the problem. 

They are running out of parts to guess and replace. 

Plus I'm running out of cash...

No apology for getting it wrong twice before. 

And slugging me 29,000 baht so far.

Stab bar bushes and lower control arms today...????

On 10/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, dallen52 said:

Starting to say yup.

They really don't have a clue. 

Mine is in for the third time today with front end noise. 

I stood in the workshop under the car and showed them what I believed was the problem. 

They are running out of parts to guess and replace. 

Plus I'm running out of cash...

No apology for getting it wrong twice before. 

And slugging me 29,000 baht so far.

Stab bar bushes and lower control arms today...????

Yea, I avoid Ford service like the plague. 

Only time I go there is to pick up a part my local mechanic cannot get.

5 hours ago, garyk said:

Yea, I avoid Ford service like the plague. 

Agreed, a sad but true fact about ford Thailand is that most of us Customers have had bad experiences with them...Surely some seniors at the company must know this?  I for one will never consider another ford.

17 minutes ago, rayinkrabi said:

I for one will never consider another ford.

Same here! I have an old worn out clunker I drive here. Only reason I keep it is because the local mechanic is so damn good, if I was taking it to Ford service I would of gotten rid of it years ago. My old Ford has more patches on it than a Thai army general's shirt.. haha 

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, kartman said:

may be of interest starts 38.08

That was interesting indeed. Thanks for posting this video! So Ford:

1. Knew about the transmission issues before the cars went on the market

2. Some suppliers in the industry said this transmission design simply can't work

3. Tried to suppress and not acknowledge the issue to customers

4. Thought they can do funny warranty tricks to help

5. Continued using the same crap transmission for nearly a decade?

Wow, that's some mismanagement of epic proportions. I wouldn't touch a Ford after this. If they at least tried to tackle the issue in the correct way instead of digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves...

Also a dry clutch? Come on, this is not a Ducati! ????

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, fullcave said:

Ford Thailand is special. That's why I would never deal with them. Never met a ford customer that didn't hate their service. It's a pity.

True, got a 2006 Ford Escape 3.0 V6, had it to 5 different Ford service places to fix engine vibrations when in idle rpm's. None of these 5 places could locate the problem. Drove to Penang in Malaysia and took it to a smal garage there, they found the problem after 10 minutes. Many of the engine parts in the Escape 3.0 are made in Mexico.   

12 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

True, got a 2006 Ford Escape 3.0 V6, had it to 5 different Ford service places to fix engine vibrations when in idle rpm's. None of these 5 places could locate the problem. Drove to Penang in Malaysia and took it to a smal garage there, they found the problem after 10 minutes. Many of the engine parts in the Escape 3.0 are made in Mexico.   

So the next big thing after Medical Tourism is Mechanical Tourism? 555

On 10/8/2018 at 3:17 AM, rayinkrabi said:

Agreed, a sad but true fact about ford Thailand is that most of us Customers have had bad experiences with them...Surely some seniors at the company must know this?  I for one will never consider another ford.

I worked Ford more than 15 years. Warranty and Policy checks on dealership part of the time.

I also conducted training workshops. 

For the life of me, I have never seen such an inept and useless bunch of people as the ones in Thailand that represents the customer service. 

I felt that most of the time it was purely guesswork and no level of skills competency was demonstrated. 

Parts prices are exorbitant compared to other countries. 

Workshop rate is relatively cheap at 695 baht per hour. 

End result normally means return visits are required. 

I sold my 2012 Fiesta sports because they couldn't get the TCM DCT issues fixed.

Noisy gear selection. 

Loss of drive etc.

Plus a thumping noise in the front end.

Struts , drop links, drive shaft, lower arms, all replaced. 

Still did it afterwards. 

Almost 60,000 in parts and labour. 

Final response..

Maybe something else...

A recipe for going broke..

41 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That was interesting indeed. Thanks for posting this video! So Ford:

1. Knew about the transmission issues before the cars went on the market

2. Some suppliers in the industry said this transmission design simply can't work

3. Tried to suppress and not acknowledge the issue to customers

4. Thought they can do funny warranty tricks to help

5. Continued using the same crap transmission for nearly a decade?

Wow, that's some mismanagement of epic proportions. I wouldn't touch a Ford after this. If they at least tried to tackle the issue in the correct way instead of digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves...

Also a dry clutch? Come on, this is not a Ducati! ????

For years in California I would read Smokey Yunnick's column in I believe Mechanics Illistrated. Smokey was an old school mechanic and ex race driver. He never fudged on his information and many times he talked about American car manufacturers and how they made second rate cars and wouldn't stand behind their warranties. This included Ford, GM, NDH Chrystler, etc. It was always pretty sad reading, but gave me the information to never buy an American made automobile, and I stuck to that. Over the years I moved into hybrids and electric cars.....and I never had a problem with any of my Priuses or the one Nissan Leaf. Here I have a Mazda and a Suzuki Ciaz.

Archived