Seven Phuket police charged with intent to murder

webfact

Seven Phuket police charged with intent to murder

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_2442.jpg

Seven Phuket police have been charged with intent to murder after a man was shot dead after breaking through a checkpoint.

A Phuket man, who broke the Phuket City Police checkpoint, was shot and died after allegedly attempting to open fire on police in Cherng Talay very early on (September 18).

Seven police officers have already been transferred out of Phuket while investigations continue after the man was shot dead by police.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/seven-phuket-police-charged-with-intent-to-murder

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-09-25

3 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Is there some evidence not being presented?  I can't see how these guys would be charged unless there was some pretty strong evidence.

It has been all over the television news. The film footage & sound track is pretty good evidence. The guy they shot was driving like a lunatic and crashed the check point then bowled to motor bikes injuring the riders. Then all 7 (allegedly) cops opened fire, pumping the pick up and the driver full of rounds.

12 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

It has been all over the television news. The film footage & sound track is pretty good evidence. The guy they shot was driving like a lunatic and crashed the check point then bowled to motor bikes injuring the riders. Then all 7 (allegedly) cops opened fire, pumping the pick up and the driver full of rounds.

I haven't seen it, only the footage in the linked article and in that it only shows the truck knocking over some people on motorbikes.  Is there a link to this video floating around somewhere?

2 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I haven't seen it, only the footage in the linked article and in that it only shows the truck knocking over some people on motorbikes.  Is there a link to this video floating around somewhere?

Not sure but was on Thai channel 3 news earlier today. They will probably show it again.

6 hours ago, JeffreyO said:

I'm a bit confused, the article clearly states that he pulled a firearm on the police... is that not cause for the police to shoot at him?  That seems like the reasonable time to use your firearm..

they employed the Bonnie and Clyde defence

Image result for bonnie and clyde

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1