Barking dog

Badrabbit

Then why ask? I gave you an honest advice, and how my family and I solved a similar problem.
And what has that to do with “welcome to Thailand?”
You sound really distressed!
I asked because it's good to chat to others when you are at your wits end but not wanting to cause trouble, guess I'll have to endure it!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As I said I would never result in doing anything to hurt an animal etc if it means shutting my doors to eliminate the noise(95%) then that is what I will do, they are trying to sell there house so my fingers are constantly crossed, feel sorry for the new neighbours!!

Just now, Bob12345 said:

Plus they have no clue how to train a dog not to bark, and are too stubborn to look it up online.

They do use dogtrainers though, see that every day...the trainer has to teach them how to walk with the puppy on the leash. And they all walk their husky pup for 3 months but after that you never see them again...

• Like 2

Only one barking dog.

Wow, you got it easy!

Try living near to guy with base speakers going all day every day from his pick up truck in his front yard while he sits there getting drunk with his mates until late in the night.

Have about 10 dogs all barking at night randomly running up and down the street.

Cats fighting and screaming... which sets the pack of dogs off.

Roosters crowing on garden wall.

Geese

Temple loud speakers vibrating windows

Neighbour repairing cars likes revving up the car engines for fun.

Village speakers outside the window playing crappy Thai old music.

Strimmer guy strimming the sides of the road the orchard behind the house at 5.30am for several days in a row.

Want to swap?  

When you live in Thailand you have to tolerate noise... it's part of life here.

Nothing wrong in complaining, it's not just one dog, having a rant does help!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Plus they have no clue how to train a dog not to bark, and are too stubborn to look it up online.

I was unlucky enough to rent a house for 12 months, and the neighbour had three dogs;  the noisiest one was an Alsatian, which barked at every passing motor bike, 24/7.   I asked the neighbour, who was a university lecturer, if she could teach the main offender not to bark, and her reply was 'I don't know how to!".   I eventually moved out with 2 more months rent to pay, but it was worth it.

I rented another house nearer the city, and amazingly, the local dogs were well-behaved.  One place had 10 dogs, and each evening at 6pm, they and other dogs nearby, had a community howl.  Then peace.  There was obviously some training going on in this community.

I have posted my opposite Thai neighbour.

10 of those miniature yap yap dogs. They are confined to a small tiled area. Never walked and they go off most of the day. 

I have resorted to shouting to 'SHUT UP' but their attempts to do anything is a joke!

BUT when my wife is home their reaction is much quicker! 

Now when they start I  crank up my stereo. 

Makes no difference. They have no respect, no manners and no shame. 

I had the same problem many years ago when we moved into a house we purchased.

Was wondering why they sold so cheaply, it was only a year old and they had just had twins, their excuse was that they were going to move in with the parents who will look after the twins so the mum could go back to work, and the parents lived far, although the mums work was around the corner from them. I thought, why wouldn't she just drop them off to the mum, oh well.

1st day we moved in, I sat on the back porch and bingo, this dog comes to the side and starts going off it nana, and wouldn't shut up, this happened every day, so not knowing the neighbours or seeing anyone around, I went to the council and enquired if anything could be done, without causing any problems, oh, this was back in the old country, the council worker asked what the address was, and said that I would have to lodge a complaint, I said no thanks, just moved in, next thing I know, neighbour is on my front door, works for council, huffing and puffing, me explaining that I didn't lodge a complaint, I made an enquiry that's all, and of course he didn't want to back down, then why didn't you knock on me door, well, I was waiting to see someone as opposed to annoying you buy knocking on your door, he went on and on and on, that's when I said, so this is why the previous owners moved is it, anyway long of the short, there was tension, especially when he accused me of feeding his dog.

I said if I throw left overs over me porch and they miss landing on my side of the fence, I apologise for that, it's not good for me dog, he is getting fat, hmmm, then I best suggest you put up a fence along this side of the fence so he doesn't come this way because, like I said, I am a lousy shot.

What I am saying is go and buy some dry dog food and start flicking into the back yard, no doubt the dog will get so fat he won't want to bark anymore, just a suggestion. Who knows the dog might warm to you as well.

Good luck

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Easy, and only the dog will know......

https://thesalesource.net/pages/anti-barking-device

LAZADA - the best 258.86 Baht plus shipping and taxes cost you will have invested to solve your problem, the neighbours will have no idea why the dog stops barking.........................

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sunnyshopultrasonic-pet-dog-repeller-training-device-trainer-effective-yet-no-harms-to-dog-used-as-a-torch-at-usual-time-i253392408-s391165547.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuafdBRDmARIsAPpBmVXA0O0tD3_LV7xxGjQ1K4um_Qgv-XzKVrpgnk8xNWOKSGcf_c9P8JAaAlOgEALw_wcB&s_kwcid=AL!3152!3!286179630377!!!u!!&utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem_non_brand&utm_content=310770682055_391165547_125130000&utm_campaign=[SSC-000000000000-00000-00000-0]:%20Smart%20Shopping%20Campaign&utm_term=[SSC-000000000000-00000-00000-0]:%20Smart%20Shopping%20Campaign_xxto0000000at0000_c_pla-310770682055&adjust_tracker=t2v78t_5n20iw&adjust_campaign=1498579383&adjust_adgroup=58089999096_c_pla-310770682055&adjust_creative=310770682055_391165547_125130000&tracker_limit=1000000&ef_id=W6nAZAAAAe5m6U97:20180925084326:s

1883428251_Dog-AntiBarkingDevice.png.7d009cdc0b126b117e5438396abd451d.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I asked because it's good to chat to others when you are at your wits end but not wanting to cause trouble, guess I'll have to endure it!

i feel your pain mate.

but seriously, you cannot reason with them or do anything officially, it wont work.

you have two options.

1.  Move  (unless you own your property of course - and this is one of the many reasons why i would never, ever, buy a property in Thailand)

2.  Keep very quiet about it for some time and then put some sort of poison down.

Yes, I know I will get grief for this.  Dont care. Seriously, these are your only options