What style of Bank letter is required for extension based on marriage?

Can only describe what Bangkok Bank issues since 2016.

The letter is in Thai language, fully automatic print, very basic layout.

I can't find any specific addressee.

It's a generic "account certificate".

Accepted at Khon Kaen since 2016 (for retirement extension).

Edited by KhunBENQ

The bank should know and have a pro-forma. It will be in Thai - you'll need a Thai to check it is correct. Your name will be in English - check it is correct. Should state your bank account. Will probably state in English something like BRITISH CITIZEN. Will state the amount in the account. I say check it because it is such a simple letter but they have screwed it up for me once.

My immigration office used to accept the letter on one date and an ATM bank slip on the date of the application to confirm the letter amount, now they have got more fussy and want the letter to be on the date of application which makes it impossible to be in the immigration queue early as you need to visit the bank first!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

The bank will know what is required.

Yes, o/p, tell the bank what the letter is for and which immigration office you use. They'll know what to do. Bring along your bank passbook and your passport. Since it's meant to be read by Thai immigration officers, of course it would be in Thai.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Will probably state in English something like BRITISH CITIZEN.

Not at Bangkok Bank.

Just checked again: no addressee. Completely generic.

My name in English. All the rest in Thai.

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

And another important point is make sure the Bank letter is no more than two days old, i got rejected for my first extension as letter was 1 week old, now we do on the way to emigration same day, this Jom Chien Pattaya, by the way!

The bank letter and statement are valid for 7 days but some immigration offices require the letter on the same day or only a few days old ????

Make sure that all balances (letter, Statement and bankbook) are the same as some immigration offices are doing difficult about this.

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not at Bangkok Bank.

I use SCB but seems to be down to the bank person.

We've gone to different branches at different times  for  this  letter  and some times it can take them 30 minutes to prepare  such a simple  letter.

12 hours ago, oporhatch said:

My application was rejected as the letter from the bank was not dated the same date as the application.

Like him I now have to stop at the bank to get the letter before going to immigration   

Now that gives me a problem. My bank is in Mae Ai, so I wouldn't be leaving there till 9am, then the 4 hours trip to Chiang Mai Immigration would have me arriving at 1pm, who have told me to be in the Q before 8. Does Immigration ever allow for the practicalities of life or just remain in its own dreamlike bubble?

34 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Now that gives me a problem. My bank is in Mae Ai, so I wouldn't be leaving there till 9am, then the 4 hours trip to Chiang Mai Immigration would have me arriving at 1pm, who have told me to be in the Q before 8.

If I recall correctly Chiang Mai immigration does not require it to be done on the same day.

You could also get the letter from a branch of your bank in Chiang Mai. There is no requirement to get it from the branch where you opened the account.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could also get the letter from a branch of your bank in Chiang Mai

Is it possible to show funds from two different accounts (owned by the same person, of course, and both properly seasoned) to satisfy the 400K/800K requirement?

15 minutes ago, moana said:

Is it possible to show funds from two different accounts (owned by the same person, of course, and both properly seasoned) to satisfy the 400K/800K requirement?

Yes it can be done. You would need letters from the bank (or banks) for each account.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not at Bangkok Bank.

up through the years, I have had quite a number of these letters,

all from Bangkok Bank

all in English

some without addressee, some with to whom it may concern

Since 2016 nothing but as seen below.

As far as I remember letters in English were rejected at many immigration offices.

The "blue" letters are history at my branch since 2016.

bangkokbankletter2016.jpg.cf295c3a8db1a758407027f84f095dea.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

The letter was issued first in English,  my wife had a template from last year which the bank lady copied and made in Thai, the addressee being Thai Immigration.  So the final letter was all in Thai except for the foreign currency deposits being shown in their native xe abbreviations.  No problem at that stage with the immigration lady accepting the Thai bank letter in Thai and photocopies of my bank book.  She didn't want the letter of the statement of the past few months supplied by the bank.  Who knows what they expect next year?

Edited by goodguy
Spelling